A new court document reveals that Britney Spears "does not" have a developmental disability

34 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

If britney has any form of mental illness, its irrelevant.  A probate conservatorship is for severe life limiting conditions. 

If britney has no developmental issues or conditions that rendered a 26 year old incapable of looking after herself 12 years on, it puts eyes on why it was created in the first place.

Dementia was used as a reason to control her medication.

Taking the dementia claim out of the equation for a second, there are many other debilitating, adult -age onset mental illnesses that can disrupt someone from fully taking care of themselves. Schizophrenia, schizo effective disorder (a combo of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, which is what Amanda Bynes has...thus her conservatorship) and many others.

And while I’m pro-Britney getting out of the conservatorship, I am equally pro-her having a system in her life, while she is free, that can assist her with her mental illness and keeps her healthy, happy and safe. 

And one last thing, I don’t think enough of us have done our due diligence to look into the whole dementia claim. After researching it, there are various types of early onset dementia that dont act in the same way that old age dementia does. It actually exists and if you look it up a lot of the signs/symptoms are things that we could maybe correlate to some of Britney’s past Behaviors (during 2007 and post breakdown). 

You can google and find a wealth of info on early age dementia.

Lastly, why does everyone think that Jamie, a 50 something year old man (at the time) from the rural south, that has never had any type of political, social, or judicial power in the state of California, has somehow worked the entire medical and judicial system of the state. That he easily got away with putting whatever he wants down on a form and thats all that was needed to take over Britney’s life. If there’s a claim, it must be looked into and verified by impartial medical parties and reviewed/ruled upon by judges that Jamie never would have had the influence over. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

the thing is people don't really realize what dementia is. It isn't just shaving your head and do bizarre Instagram videos. People with dementia get progressively worse each time, to the point they just can't be left alone, not even a couple of minutes. They get to a point where it's not just "I don't remember X thing", they totally lose self awareness, they lose their own identity, and in late stages, they reach an extreme where they don't even realize they have to go to the bathroom, or that they have to eat, they usually don't leave the bed, until they eventually pass away. If Britney had dementia back then, 12 years later, would be a miracle if she was still alive.

That’s exactly what I thought. If she had dementia she would be dead by now. Dementia is like your consciousness slowly rotting away. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. I once listened to an album called Everywhere at the End of Time. It’s like a musical interpretation of the disease. To this day it’s still my worst nightmare..

5 hours ago, fays1 said:

Does this mean its confimed she doesnt have mental illness??

No. They're 2 completely diff things. DD is one you're born with. Mental you get over time. This doc pretty much is confirming to the courts that she was born normal, can understand what you say to her, understands logic, her thinking strategy is not effected, and that she does understand that actions have consequences. 

For ex. You know that 2+2 is 4. For someone with DD, you may need to assist them and show them WHY it's 4. Like showing them 2 item and adding 2 more of the same items and then counting altogether to understand its 4. This is so not the case for Britney. 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Pbloem19 said:

That’s exactly what I thought. If she had dementia she would be dead by now. Dementia is like your consciousness slowly rotting away. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. I once listened to an album called Everywhere at the End of Time. It’s like a musical interpretation of the disease. To this day it’s still my worst nightmare..

My grandmother and basically all of her sisters died suffering of dementia. It's horrible, and it's unstoppable, it just gets worse and worse each day.

And speaking of which, one of my great-aunts was living in California, she had no children or husband. We didn't really have a relationship with her, but some other relatives contacted my aunt, that lives there as well, she found her in a very deplorable state, her house was a mess, her employees had robbed her, she was evidently very ill, and still they didn't grant her the conservatorship so my aunt could use my great-aunt's money to pay for her medical needs, and my aunt ended up paying everything by herself. So it just baffles me the whole situation with Britney, because there really is no point of comparison.

• Love 3

One thing I’m confused over, why does some paperwork say ‘voluntary’ conservatorship? I’m totally confused by this, feel like they’ll spin it as if this was voluntary all along or something and Britney wanted to be in a c-ship. Makes no sense, how could it be voluntary when she wasn’t allowed to hire her own lawyers to fight it?

18 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

My grandmother and basically all of her sisters died suffering of dementia. It's horrible, and it's unstoppable, it just gets worse and worse each day.

And speaking of which, one of my great-aunts was living in California, she had no children or husband. We didn't really have a relationship with her, but some other relatives contacted my aunt, that lives there as well, she found her in a very deplorable state, her house was a mess, her employees had robbed her, she was evidently very ill, and still they didn't grant her the conservatorship so my aunt could use my great-aunt's money to pay for her medical needs, and my aunt ended up paying everything by herself. So it just baffles me the whole situation with Britney, because there really is no point of comparison.

We been knew from the beginning that Britney is surrounded by evil people who only want to take advantage of her. I think that’s what she’s singing about when she wrote rebellion. She may have some mental health issues but she’s definitely not demented and the conservatorship is absolutely unnecessary. Unfortunately Jamie has all the resources to keep her trapped and we all know how corrupted the law system is. So, don’t get your hopes up that the conservatorship is going to end anytime soon:tiffanycries:

14 minutes ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

One thing I’m confused over, why does some paperwork say ‘voluntary’ conservatorship? I’m totally confused by this, feel like they’ll spin it as if this was voluntary all along or something and Britney wanted to be in a c-ship. Makes no sense, how could it be voluntary when she wasn’t allowed to hire her own lawyers to fight it?

I know, right? Wtf. When did this happen?

• Like 1

This makes me so sad. This is how they kept her in this conservatorship for so long. I’ll always support and stan Britney, but watching her IG videos now, I worry she’ll never be “the same” and she’ll never grow to the potential she could have. I’m worried that keeping her under these restrictions and pumping her with medication changed her in a way she’ll never be able to return from. I hope I’m wrong, and I hope she can get therapy and be the Britney we know, love, and believe in. I know she’ll never be exactly the same of course, but I hope she’s able to grow from this and truly be stronger than yesterday. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Army1 said:

Taking the dementia claim out of the equation for a second, there are many other debilitating, adult -age onset mental illnesses that can disrupt someone from fully taking care of themselves. Schizophrenia, schizo effective disorder (a combo of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, which is what Amanda Bynes has...thus her conservatorship) and many others.

And while I’m pro-Britney getting out of the conservatorship, I am equally pro-her having a system in her life, while she is free, that can assist her with her mental illness and keeps her healthy, happy and safe. 

And one last thing, I don’t think enough of us have done our due diligence to look into the whole dementia claim. After researching it, there are various types of early onset dementia that dont act in the same way that old age dementia does. It actually exists and if you look it up a lot of the signs/symptoms are things that we could maybe correlate to some of Britney’s past Behaviors (during 2007 and post breakdown). 

You can google and find a wealth of info on early age dementia.

Lastly, why does everyone think that Jamie, a 50 something year old man (at the time) from the rural south, that has never had any type of political, social, or judicial power in the state of California, has somehow worked the entire medical and judicial system of the state. That he easily got away with putting whatever he wants down on a form and thats all that was needed to take over Britney’s life. If there’s a claim, it must be looked into and verified by impartial medical parties and reviewed/ruled upon by judges that Jamie never would have had the influence over. 

The reason this conservatorship is in place is, according to court documents, due to dementia. If Britney does have any form of dementia, she shouldn't be touring. The conservatorship has failed her.

If the conservatorship was brought in because of developmental reasons, we now have a court document that says she has none.

In every possible scenario, the conservatorship has been abused or misused by her team and there is no denying that, and at every opportunity before this movement started, court documents made it clear that Britney was so healthy that she could work and engage in more deals and the conservatorship was a business model, not a protection for someone with severe disabilities. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

The reason this conservatorship is in place is, according to court documents, due to dementia. If Britney does have any form of dementia, she shouldn't be touring. The conservatorship has failed her.

If the conservatorship was brought in because of developmental reasons, we now have a court document that says she has none.

In every possible scenario, the conservatorship has been abused or misused by her team and there is no denying that, and at every opportunity before this movement started, court documents made it clear that Britney was so healthy that she could work and engage in more deals and the conservatorship was a business model, not a protection for someone with severe disabilities. 

I definitely agree with the standpoint of it being overused/abused, but I think where the FreeBritney movement starts slipping into the realm of conspiracy theory, is that Jamie has puppeteered the whole thing from the get go in some devious, preconceived plan. 

The argument can definitely be made that over the course of the past 12 years the conservatorship may have slowly developed into something more of a controlling/possibly abusive device...but for Jamie, who was estranged from his daughter in 2008, and had no type of social, political, medical, or judicial influence in the state of California, could somehow lie about a medical diagnosis and get away w trapping his daughter under false pretenses from the get-go is anti-mental health, and dangerous to Britney. 

It’s great for many of us to hear from ex dancers, make up artists and limelight seeking friends/ex’s that claims that she wants out...and she most likely does...and we want that for her.... But to allow ourselves to begin to think that she is 100% healthy is a disservice to her overall health and well-being. 

Yes, these court documents, and the fact that we’ve seen Britney grow up right before our eyes between the ages of 17 to 25, serve as proof that she does NOT have a developmental disability,  but conservatorship docs and 2008-2020 happening right before our eyes also show us that she DOES in fact struggle with some sort of adult-age on-set mental illness. Whether thats early age dementia or something else. 

And the fact that she has been able to work and tour does not prove she does not have early age dementia or any other mental illness. Her well documented regimen of nutrition, exercise, medicine, no alcohol/*****, etc has given her the stability to counter the effects of her disorder(s) and cognitively function like most other human beings to the best of her abilities. And if you read about early age onset dementia it does not affect individuals the same way as late age dementia does. With the appropriate/adequate treatment and steps it can be managed. 

I think as a community we all really need to strike a balance between things and say we want Britney out of the conservatorship, but to do so with accepting the fact that she has mental illness. That we can simultaneously advocate for her freedom, while still supporting the idea of her having a system in place in her free life that keeps her mental health in check and allows for a healthy, consistent quality of life.

When it gets to the point where people say she’s completely fine and she is just enslaved it really hurts her future ability for a happy, safe life that comes from adequate help with her mental health.