Beyonce's new visual album "Black Is King" underperforms on Disney+

She did what she wanted to do because she's a free artist and it's able to make art in the real meaning of it, haters gonna hate, but the truth is that she's one of the best singers of the world and a multiple Grammy Award winner and her work do has quality, feel free to have your opinion, but don't spread hatred, some people in this forum are saying terrible things. It's such a shame to read that in Exhale. I don't compreehend why people celebrate when artists flop, it happens to everybody including Britney and others. Why don't this people try to have half of the Beyoncé's success? The human kind is lost. Just for the record, numbers aren't everything. Many people watched it illegally, including me, mainly because the platform still doesn't work in their countries.

Edit: I really don't feel bad at all if I'm downvoted, ok? Feel free to show your envy and hatred. I'm proud for not being by your side.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, thebritmaster said:

I'm actually watching this mess :mattafact:

I've seen the first non-Black or black African person, at around 27:01, and they appear to be Jay-Z's butler :jj:

And that is supposed to be ok! I thought it was racist (yes) and aggressive... but JayZ and Beyonce have this bizarre sense of vengeance toward “albino alligators”.....

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MadameFreedom said:

I am wonder what would be a reactions if any white artis would just celebrate white people and ignore people of different color... I guess this person would be called a racist and people would be calling to cancel this person... Double standards. 

I see where you're coming from, but it'd be too hard too see it from the US. The US and many Western European countries are dogmatic now, and even simple facts are labeled as racism, and you can see how many "uncomfortable" news remain silenced for the sake of this docmatic new world. The word "racism" became a weapon and can be used against every white person. I've been told by supporters that whites were never be slaves, oppressed and all of us are horrible, rich people. Then google where the word "slave'" comes from in reality (yet some of them want to cancel I'm A Slave 4 U for Blacks, not for white Slavs, of course). People keep educating me about my own country's and my own struggles as an Eastern European, because I'm "just white", and unfortunately this usually comes from aggressive white people who like to see themselves "woke", and they usually don't even know where my country is, or - and this is the real funny part, as a Pole you must know! - the hating on Eastern Europeans is a real problem, yet see Brexit, or see Hollywood movies where "the (stereotypical) bad guys" come from Eastern Europe or Russia nowadays, because we're white, so nobody can say it's racism. The only politically correct "hate" is against us in this beautiful new world.
So believe me, I get you, but as I see the US becoming the new Soviet Union in the following years, people will be "comrades", because they were soooo friendly and tolerant towards minorities, you know, it's the new Utopia, so I just ask for a bowl of popcorn.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Corso said:

This thread stinks of people who need to read up and educate themselves on Black history.

I'm in shock reading racist statements here dressed up as "opinions", the black people still faces harder issues than white people, in my country black people use to die really much younger than white people, 80% of prisoners are black and there are other problems related to prejudice. Some white people just can't recognize their privileges. All of our lifes we used to see white people in everything, now we have one black artist doing that work and it's "insulting". Really strange.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Explicit said:

I clearly hit a nerve. Was I responding to you? Did i @ you? Did i? 

This is exactly what I am referring to - tasteless idiots that dislike people they don't even know. Beyonce is the most revered artist in the music industry TODAY - loved by all. Stay angry and deluded. Couldn't be me. 

No but you downvoted me and mentioned what I talked about. You wanna be a bad ***** then be one and at me next time :hiii:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Deyonce said:

Only if y'all put the same energy you have into hating Beyoncé then y'all did to support Glory and Britney Jean... 

I have 8 Glory copies :urite:and 4 Britney Jean copies :urite: the only artist I can say I hate is Katy Perry for the comments she made about Britney. I don’t hate Beyoncé , but the overexposure from her 2013 release made me dislike her and I’ve done it to almost every popular artist that’s been overexposed at one time - Beyoncé, Katy, Gaga, Adele, Miley, Taylor, Ariana etc. the list is long. People need to stop assuming people hate someone just because they don’t like ALL of their discography. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I have 8 Glory copies :urite:and 4 Britney Jean copies :urite: the only artist I can say I hate is Katy Perry for the comments she made about Britney. I don’t hate Beyoncé , but the overexposure from her 2013 release made me dislike her and I’ve done it to almost every popular artist that’s been overexposed at one time - Beyoncé, Katy, Gaga, Adele, Miley, Taylor, Ariana etc. the list is long. People need to stop assuming people hate someone just because they don’t like ALL of their discography. 

The fact that you had to buy more than one copy :haha: I appreciate the dedication though. But what I don't understand is the overexposure idea. She rarely ever does interviews ever. All she does is drop an album and tour it. She's not in the press like that and she doesn't involve herself in scandals. How people react to her aloofness is out of her control. I never said you had to like Beyoncé's entire discography (most of the Hive don't like I Am... Sasha Fierce). Personally what irritates me is when people act like she doesn't deserve what she's worked for. But my comment was directed at people who are celebrating this "flop". 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Deyonce said:

The fact that you had to buy more than one copy :haha: I appreciate the dedication though. But what I don't understand is the overexposure idea. She rarely ever does interviews ever. All she does is drop an album and tour it. She's not in the press like that and she doesn't involve herself in scandals. How people react to her aloofness is out of her control. I never said you had to like Beyoncé's entire discography (most of the Hive don't like I Am... Sasha Fierce). Personally what irritates me is when people act like she doesn't deserve what she's worked for. But my comment was directed at people who are celebrating this "flop". 

To me overexposure means my exposure to the individual. I thought that’s what most people meant, but you’re not the first I saw mention the interviews and other things. Same with folklore . The more I see articles and people talk about that album the more tired I get of her and I love Taylor’s music. I dropped her in 2014 because people were acting like she was the second coming and when she went off the radar for a bit is when I decided to give her another chance. Britney is the only one that I’ve never abandoned because the overexposure she did get was when I was growing up and it was happier times. Even Beyoncé was a part of that time and I have old DC albums. One thing that I do need to work on is judging people’s work before listening to it. I still haven’t listened to any major pop stars album in full after 2013. Coincidentally that’s when Britney started flopping and I needed to give my good Queen my undivided attention because everyone else was doing well on their own. Britney is the only one I’m 100% loyal to and the only artist I see myself ever being 100% loyal too and that’s coming from a Dua stan. The second she gives me an album I’m not crazy about and becomes overexposed herself imma start giving her music a pause. Not me writing a whole TEDTalk about this, but I wish people didn’t automatically have assumptions about someone just flat out hating an artist like that. My reasons may be crazy, but that’s the truth of it 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Corso said:

Wow, okay. Y’all that are saying Beyoncé is racist because it’s called “Black is King” and if it was called “White is King” we’d be branded racist - you need to wake the heck up and smell the black coffee!

Us white people would never need to call a film “White is King” because, guess what folks - for hundreds of years that is exactly what we believed we were and we made everyone who had a slightly different skin colour from us feel inferior. White still is king in every other race’s eyes. Y’all need some history lessons up in here. Black people had hundreds of years of torture and oppression thanks to our race and it still goes on today. 

I’m not a Beyoncé fan, but her message is the truth, whether us white folks like it or not.

This is a similar thing to when homophobes whine about gay pride and ask why there's no straight pride knowing full well why...
:katyclown:

The oppressors always want to play victim,gaslight and pretend to be oppressed when the ones who are actually oppressed dare to love themselves,or to ask for basic respect and equality. 

• Love 5
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

To me overexposure means my exposure to the individual. I thought that’s what most people meant, but you’re not the first I saw mention the interviews and other things. Same with folklore . The more I see articles and people talk about that album the more tired I get of her and I love Taylor’s music. I dropped her in 2014 because people were acting like she was the second coming and when she went off the radar for a bit is when I decided to give her another chance. Britney is the only one that I’ve never abandoned because the overexposure she did get was when I was growing up and it was happier times. Even Beyoncé was a part of that time and I have old DC albums. One thing that I do need to work on is judging people’s work before listening to it. I still haven’t listened to any major pop stars album in full after 2013. Coincidentally that’s when Britney started flopping and I needed to give my good Queen my undivided attention because everyone else was doing well on their own. Britney is the only one I’m 100% loyal to and the only artist I see myself ever being 100% loyal too and that’s coming from a Dua stan. The second she gives me an album I’m not crazy about and becomes overexposed herself imma start giving her music a pause. Not me writing a whole TEDTalk about this, but I wish people didn’t automatically have assumptions about someone just flat out hating an artist like that. My reasons may be crazy, but that’s the truth of it 

I always thought overexposure referred to when an artist was just EVERYWHERE. Like Katy in 2010-2011 or Taylor in 2014-2015. Personally I try to not let outside forces dictate my tastes because I feel like it cheapens my experience. But to each their own. I don't view myself 100% loyal to any artist. I'm 100% loyal to good art. And your reasons are crazy but they feel alright? 😉

• Like 1
On 8/6/2020 at 10:47 AM, Arthurfleck said:

In all fairness I tried to watch but its almost unwatchable... its really a high budget family movie for the carters ego/self enjoyment ... but you can tell there was a lot of money and effort put on it.

Most critics were afraid to say that out loud but here we can, right?

the new song and re release of the album also flopped really hard. Add that to the original post! 

You read my mind. I watched it with an open heart. I have to say I absolutely loved Lemonade. I felt that, even though it was using and profiting from their marriage issues, it was so articulate in the vastness of human relationships and managed to be an eloquent array of human emotion. This one is visually stunning but it is an ode to the Carters with Africa and blackness as a mere backdrop. A picturesque way of, among many other things, "justify" why the Carters are Kings and queens🙄. It is a long letter to her kids telling them: "you are better cause you have my blood, Beyoncé gift to humankind, running through your veins". Meh. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block