Beyonce's new visual album "Black Is King" underperforms on Disney+

And anyway if someone would create something with a title "White is a king" there would be huge scandal and people would be calling to cancel this person but as long as black does "Black is a king" no one say anything.. Double standards. 

And I would say Beyonce lost many  fans as well because of her being racist. Just love for blacks not for all people of all color. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Wow, okay. Y’all that are saying Beyoncé is racist because it’s called “Black is King” and if it was called “White is King” we’d be branded racist - you need to wake the heck up and smell the black coffee!

Us white people would never need to call a film “White is King” because, guess what folks - for hundreds of years that is exactly what we believed we were and we made everyone who had a slightly different skin colour from us feel inferior. White still is king in every other race’s eyes. Y’all need some history lessons up in here. Black people had hundreds of years of torture and oppression thanks to our race and it still goes on today. 

I’m not a Beyoncé fan, but her message is the truth, whether us white folks like it or not.

• Love 4
  • Like 3
  • Content Curators
3 minutes ago, Corso said:

Wow, okay. Y’all that are saying Beyoncé is racist because it’s called “Black is King” and if it was called “White is King” we’d be branded racist - you need to wake the heck up and smell the black coffee!

Us white people would never need to call a film White is King, cause guess what folks - for hundreds of years that is exactly what we believed we were and we made everyone who had a slightly different skin colour from us feel inferior. Y’all need some history lessons up in here. Black people had hundreds of years of torture thanks to us, and it still goes on today. 

I’m not a Beyoncé fan, but her message is the truth, whether us white folks like it or not.

This! I can't @ the audacity of calling a celebration of black people racist to white people... wtf 

• Love 3
  • Like 5
5 minutes ago, Corso said:

Us white people would never need to call a film “White is King”, cause guess what folks - for hundreds of years that is exactly what we believed we were and we made everyone who had a slightly different skin colour from us feel inferior. White still is king in every other race’s eyes. Y’all need some history lessons up in here. Black people had hundreds of years of torture thanks to us, and it still goes on today. 

I am so sorry but what happened in the history should stay there and this kind of action can only lead to conflicts and bad emotions. We shouldn't stan just one color we should stan all colors. How I as a white Polish am responsible for what others nations did to black community many years ago? I am married to Afghan so don't even try to say I am racist. 

And I would say that this kind of actions only lead to separation and keep people far from each other and then we have politicians that use that. Like in Poland, UK or US. Supporters of Trump can say that they are the ones that are being attacked or hated. 

We should bring all people together of all colors and show love to each other and not to bring topics which race did what and which race is better. Leave past in past and enjoy present. 

I think MJ Songs like We are the world, Black or white, Heal the world and fact that he was first to be idol for people of races did much more better job for Black community that what Beyonce is doing. And Beyonce is becoming just an artis for black community as her art is becoming dedicated just blacks not for people of all color. And charts show it clearly and I am saying this as a person who owns CD of Beyonce. 

And closing yourself and being just for one community is like making getho for yourself. 

• Like 4

I watched "Black Is King," having not seen the 2019 version of "The Lion King," so everything was new to me. If I am being honest, I had to watch this film in segments - there were stunning visuals, but some parts seemed to drag. Considering this film is to empower black people, I find it odd that this film is not available in countries with a bigger black population.

While I may not be a huge Beyoncé fan, I do believe her intentions were in the right place making this film. And hopefully this brings more spotlight on the other black artists who were part of this film.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Corso said:

Precisely, I dislike Katy Perry and Taylor too. In fact, Beyoncé is probably THE ONLY black artist I don’t like... it’s nothing to do with race. Her music is not good.

Look At Me Yes GIF by EA SPORTS FIFA

And that’s where I kinda disagree because I bop to Crazy In Love, Baby Boy, Upgrade U, Countdown, Partition, Beautiful Liar and others and I love Destiny’s Child. That doesn’t mean I don’t think she’s overexposed and that’s the same with Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and others. Once someone reaches a level of overexposure like even Taylor with this new era it throws me off completely. The fact that user is calling me low key racist struck a nerve because that’s not the first user I’ve seen make assumptions about people being racist because they don’t like Beyoncé. It’s clown behavior at its finest 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, MadameFreedom said:

I am so sorry but what happened in the history should stay there and this kind of action can only lead to conflicts and bad emotions. We shouldn't stan just one color we should stan all colors. How I as a white Polish am responsible for what others nations did to black community many years ago? I am married to Afghan so don't even try to say I am racist. 

And I would say that this kind of actions only lead to separation and keep people far from each other and then we have politicians that use that. Like in Poland, UK or US. Supporters of Trump can say that they are the ones that are being attacked or hated. 

We should bring all people together of all colors and show love to each other and not to bring topics which race did what and which race is better. Leave past in past and enjoy present. 

I think MJ Songs like We are the world, Black or white, Heal the world and fact that he was first to be idol for people of races did much more better job for Black community that what Beyonce is doing. And Beyonce is becoming just an artis for black community as her art is becoming dedicated just blacks not for people of all color. And charts show it clearly and I am saying this as a person who owns CD of Beyonce. 

And closing yourself and being just for one community is like making getho for yourself. 

My godness you got it all wrong! Beyonce is not here to save us or unite us, she is not God or whatever.... 

And why compare her to MJ or another black artists?

She is just being her. Celebrating being black. Proud of her roots. I don´t see, as a white person, anything wrong with her message! Quite the opposite! It is very refreshing to see an female artist being completely true to her culture! I love it!

• Love 4
  • Like 4
22 minutes ago, Invitation said:

This! I can't @ the audacity of calling a celebration of black people racist to white people... wtf 

I am wonder what would be a reactions if any white artis would just celebrate white people and ignore people of different color... I guess this person would be called a racist and people would be calling to cancel this person... Double standards. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, MadameFreedom said:

I am wonder what would be a reactions if any white artis would just celebrate white people and ignore people of different color... I guess this person would be called a racist and people would be calling to cancel this person... Double standards. 

Except white people did that FOR YEARS in the movies, music, TV. All we did was celebrate other white people and our whiteness and we ignored everyone else. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, MadameFreedom said:

You still don´t get it, do you?! Same as people who reacted to BLM movement with ALL LIVES MATTER statements. Just missing the point. You are from Poland I get it. But I, as a Czech, not that far from Poland, can obviously see it ´´from a wider angle´´. Please try it if you want to join us in the chat.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
Just now, Corso said:

Except white people did that FOR YEARS in the movies, music, TV. All we did was celebrate other white people and being white and we ignored everyone else. 

Yeah so it is a reason to bring just more separation between people and not to unit them... It is BS. It can only lead to bigger conflicts and then people like Trump to use it. So the next time Trump or someone like Trump wins election please dont be surprised. 

And hey! Let's not forget about revenge! What they did to us we must to do to them! Smart thinking... 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, johnnyswanda said:

You still don´t get it, do you?! Same as people who reacted to BLM movement with ALL LIVES MATTER statements. Just missing the point. You are from Poland I get it. But I, as a Czech, not that far from Poland, can obviously see it ´´from a wider angle´´. Please try it if you want to join us in the chat.

Says a person who told me that I can join a chat once so change my mind. How open person you are... Hypocrisy. 

1 minute ago, johnnyswanda said:

I see that understanding english language might be problem here too.

Nevermind.

I respect you. All love. Good night. It´s 0:45 in the Czech Republic. 

I am not the one to tell someone that this someone can join a conversation once this someone change her mind. 

And there is no need saying what time it is in Czech as Poland has the same  time but maybe there is problem with logic thinking and connecting the dots to see a full picture. 

8 minutes ago, MadameFreedom said:

Yeah so it is a reason to bring just more separation between people and not to unit them... It is BS. It can only lead to bigger conflicts and then people like Trump to use it. So the next time Trump or someone like Trump wins election please dont be surprised. 

And hey! Let's not forget about revenge! What they did to us we must to do to them! Smart thinking... 

You’re completely missing the point. 
Tired Tv Land GIF by TV Land Classic

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, MadameFreedom said:

I think this is really the point :mattafact:

The title "Black is King" is very outdated in many ways, so dead on arrival. These days most people celebrate multiculturalism and diversity :mattafact:

Plus, kings are authoritarian dictators. Beyonce should have called it "Black is Prime Minister (Until the Next Election)" :jj:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block