Beyonce's new visual album "Black Is King" underperforms on Disney+

11 minutes ago, Dwb25 said:

Huge overexposed celebrity who almost never covers a magazine, never gives an interview, never appears on daytime or nighttime television, never participates in reality TV, almost never photographed by the paparazzi, and Tweets like 3 times a year for promotion only.   :makeup:

This argument is weightless and the idea that she’s this huge, overhyped, overexposed artist just doesn’t add up. :chrissy:

I think Beyonce being overexposed is an old argument from back when she was actually overexposed, performing at just about every awards show, and people want to hold onto that narrative even though its now false. However, now she's super low-key. She surprise releases her albums for goodness sake.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Imagine being this dense that you assume because someone says Beyoncé’s era is over that they’re low-key racist. Just because I think she’s overexposed doesn’t mean I’m racist. I dislike Katy Perry too so what does that make me? You better start dealing fast with what a hateful person you are :hiii:

Precisely, I dislike Katy Perry and Taylor too. In fact, Beyoncé is probably THE ONLY black artist I don’t like... it’s nothing to do with race. Her music is not good.

Look At Me Yes GIF by EA SPORTS FIFA

• Love 2
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I know, which kinda sucks. Beyonce deserves all the hype but haters say otherwise.  :beat:

Couldn´t agree more! Beyonce definitely is NOT overrated! She is a force of nature and definitely an ARTIST, with both powerful and soothing voice, dances very well and definitely can put on a show! I´m a Britney fan but I am also a grown *** man (30) and I enjoy so many artists out there. Would be boring only to have Britney, don´t you think? Beyonce ALWAYS entertain me with (almost) everything she puts out - in terms of visuals, choreo, stage presence,... 

Our beloved Britney herself adore Beyonce very much and they share mutual respect! Why can´t you? I enjoy being new member of exhale and exploring other people´s opinion but ffs people grow tf up! Such a toxic environment! Where is the love??

Fun fact - I live in Czech Republic and here Beyonce is praised and Britney is considered overrated, ironic huh? Doin´my best to have her back don´t you worry;)..

Peace

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

I liked the film but I'm really chuckling that it was beaten by various kids' films that have been out for ages... I mean the fricking Simpsons and the Muppets :cuteidk::unreal:

I imagine people just see this on Disney+ and assume it's just a concert-related thing or because of Beyonce's sexualized image, maybe it doesn't really appeal to families with children. Perhaps putting it on Netflix would have been better. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Explicit said:

Lol all the low-key racists coming out to hate on a critically acclaimed piece. Beyonce's era isn't over, she will never be over. Y'all better start dealing - fast. She will always be one of the greatest performers of all time. 

People are gonna look back at BIK and continue recognising it for what it is - a beautiful story of what Africa was before it was ravaged by western imperialism

As If Reaction GIF by moodman

I actually love Beyoncé’s vocals. Her voice is INSANE. She is SUCH a talented vocalist AND performer. She embodies what it means to be AN ARTIST. Anyone can watch the “I Am... World Tour” documentaries and see that she is  a CRAZY talented performer. She can light up entire stadiums. Her B’Day album, I Am... Sasha Fierce, 4, and even self-titled are all great. That being said...

THE. GIFT. WAS. A. FLOP. :staysalty:

Also, she needs to start learning how to market and sell things. No one uses Tidal. TIDAL IS CANCELLED. Then she goes from exclusives on Tidal to exclusives on Netflix to exclusives on Disney+? Girl, it’s getting confusing about where we should go for your music. We can’t have it all. Not In a recession. Release your music on Spotify, Apple Music, and everywhere else. Stop pretending that the general public will follow you literally anywhere. Maybe her stans will, but not even her stans were enough to get her BRAND NEW FILM to outsell and HALF CENTURY OLD ANIMATED FILM. Try again, Bey. When you bring us new music, I’ll still be here waiting to listen. :staysalty:

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, johnnyswanda said:

Couldn´t agree more! Beyonce definitely is NOT overrated! She is a force of nature and definitely an ARTIST, with both powerful and soothing voice, dances very well and definitely can put on a show! I´m a Britney fan but I am also a grown *** man (30) and I enjoy so many artists out there. Would be boring only to have Britney, don´t you think? Beyonce ALWAYS entertain me with (almost) everything she puts out - in terms of visuals, choreo, stage presence,... 

Our beloved Britney herself adore Beyonce very much and they share mutual respect! Why can´t you? I enjoy being new member of exhale and exploring other people´s opinion but ffs people grow tf up! Such a toxic environment! Where is the love??

Fun fact - I live in Czech Republic and here Beyonce is praised and Britney is considered overrated, ironic huh? Doin´my best to have her back don´t you worry;)..

Peace

Britney is considered extremely overrated here too :crying2:

Some people even say she was never a good dancer :umwtf:

I don't think Beyonce is overrated, overhyped by the media at times? Yup. But overrated, nah she's the only performer who can put on a show that aint gonna make you fall asleep in 2 seconds now a days :bop:

• Love 2
  • Like 3
22 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Imagine being this dense that you assume because someone says Beyoncé’s era is over that they’re low-key racist. Just because I think she’s overexposed doesn’t mean I’m racist. I dislike Katy Perry too so what does that make me? You better start dealing fast with what a hateful person you are :hiii:

I clearly hit a nerve. Was I responding to you? Did i @ you? Did i? 

This is exactly what I am referring to - tasteless idiots that dislike people they don't even know. Beyonce is the most revered artist in the music industry TODAY - loved by all. Stay angry and deluded. Couldn't be me. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, johnnyswanda said:

Peace

She is not a force of nature, she’s just a hypocrite and a pretentious lady. They also inflate her streaming numbers and you probably live under a rock because Beyoncé’s latest hit in Europe was Drunk In Love which happens to be a decade ago. 

Also, our beloved Britney doesn’t have access to her social media so what made you think Britney wrote the post about admiring Thiefonce? Educate yourself on the #FreeBritney movement and let this flop of a project go just like the world did. Literally no one cared beside some critics who were paid by Jay Z to write pretentious things. :tiffhair:

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

beyonce-ratings-tv.jpg.b0b1f9116509f8779ff432204660f289.jpg

Beyonce released Black Is King on Disney+ last Friday. It didn't debut with stellar figures, according to a new report from Yahoo!.

They claim it was the tenth most-watched item on Disney+, attracting less than 4% of total users in its opening weekend. It trails way behind The Incredibles 2 followed by Frozen 2, The Muppets, and Hamilton.

It ranks worse when considering how much time subscribers spent on Disney+, coming in at number 13, with users only spending about 2.2% of their time watching that film.

By comparison, Hamilton came in at number one with 22%.

Disney has 100 million paid subscribers across all its platforms. 

However, numbers aren't everything. Black Is King is a stunning 80-minute body of work with an empowering message. It was also widely-received amongst critics with a 100% score on Rotten Tomatoes. 

Exhale, does this surprise you? I think Disney+ was an... interesting platform to put the visual album on. The marketing and timing for the project was also a little confusing. A lot of Exhalers and even some of my friends were under the impression Black Is King was supposed to be an entirely new album. When I told them it was based off The Gift soundtrack, which she released last year for The Lion King, everyone was like "ohh??

Did you watch Black Is King? What do you think? 

Ylxdk9Z.png

Related:

This is what I said a few days before, her fanbase is more worried with bullying others when they get succes than get that success for their queen. 

Bey, honey, finish this era...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block