Beyonce's new visual album "Black Is King" underperforms on Disney+

• Leader

beyonce-ratings-tv.jpg.b0b1f9116509f8779ff432204660f289.jpg

Beyonce released Black Is King on Disney+ last Friday. It didn't debut with stellar figures, according to a new report from Yahoo!.

They claim it was the tenth most-watched item on Disney+, attracting less than 4% of total users in its opening weekend. It trails way behind The Incredibles 2 followed by Frozen 2, The Muppets, and Hamilton.

It ranks worse when considering how much time subscribers spent on Disney+, coming in at number 13, with users only spending about 2.2% of their time watching that film.

By comparison, Hamilton came in at number one with 22%.

Disney has 100 million paid subscribers across all its platforms. 

However, numbers aren't everything. Black Is King is a stunning 80-minute body of work with an empowering message. It was also widely-received amongst critics with a 100% score on Rotten Tomatoes. 

Exhale, does this surprise you? I think Disney+ was an... interesting platform to put the visual album on. The marketing and timing for the project was also a little confusing. A lot of Exhalers and even some of my friends were under the impression Black Is King was supposed to be an entirely new album. When I told them it was based off The Gift soundtrack, which she released last year for The Lion King, everyone was like "ohh??

Did you watch Black Is King? What do you think? 

Ylxdk9Z.png

Related:

• Love 1
  • Haha 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block