Would B10 go #1?

Sure she needs to promote and all that, but if the song quality is weak (aka Britney Jean and Glory)... then it simply won't. 

Listening to Glory recently, I realized that it wasn't as glorious as many of us thought it was... a few great standouts but the rest incredibly bad and incohesive with production and voice processing.  

• Content Curators

She needs to stop lipping to album vocals on live performances cause it’s embarrassing 

she needs to have proper choreo and costumes and good performances (the vmas 2016 was tragic tbh) 

and if madame x went 1? With like little to no radio play then for sure her next album can go one

she needs to pick a proper time and Come back strong with a more unique sound and more tracks like gimme more and songs Like that are on itz 

and she needs to promote promote promote 

• Content Curators
3 minutes ago, Koda100 said:

Sure she needs to promote and all that, but if the song quality is weak (aka Britney Jean and Glory)... then it simply won't. 

Listening to Glory recently, I realized that it wasn't as glorious as many of us thought it was... a few great standouts but the rest incredibly bad and incohesive with production and voice processing.  

Agree with glory 

it was a good album and fun to listen to but nothing special tbh

nothing unique tbh 

it was just rlly overhyped cause it was a really good album compared to Britney Jean 

14 minutes ago, conceptuel said:

it's probably a 'debt' that the industry owes to her for everything they did to her, the inquisitive questions about her virginity, 2004-2007, the insane standards (the gimme more performance, except for the lip-sync, is better than a lot of stuff today)

& about your thread, yes it can easily. but she would need... an era. a built one, with a cohesive style, maybe a theme, who cares, just something that you know belongs to there, and it goes from the looks in the MVs 'till the looks on the red carpet/interviews. also, memorable music videos. by 'memorable', I mean a MV that you can re-watch. look at Katy Perry. her singles from Witness flopped hard but they still have more views than BOMT/Toxic. that's because she knows how to make MVs that people wants to rewatch. roar? the jungle. bon appétit? the weird mess. chained to the rythm? retro futuristic. last Friday night? teenager cliché. slumber party? oh Britney dancing **** in short outfits. MM? Britney dancing **** in short outfits. Perfume? Britney walking around in jeans. (and that's it, lmao at how little is the material that we got in 7 years). a theme almost always work, strong visuals (toxic, bomt, oops, womaniser had strong visuals). there's the MV, but there's also the performances. hence why a theme is important, or we'd get boring performances with Britney in short outfits lip-syncing and arm-twirling. a lot of people here enjoyed the CT because of its theme & visuals. yeah they help a lot (in the remixes + people remember these more easily). 

great MVs, great performances (not many, just do all the major awards shows in the US and oversea) with great visuals, a new style (not just short dresses and terrible makeup), a new style of music (she has great taste in general, just do what you like and don't give a f about what is trendy atm) => a recipe for a successful era (especially now, because... the pop scene is empty. there's no major act right now, it's been so calm). 

circus was somehow great but the album was meh, the performances and great visuals but were quite boring because of lack of dancing/singing (& she only promoted 2 singles), the MVs were meh except for Womanizer. 

I prefer quality over quantity. but honestly, with all the $$$$$$$$$$$ they made with POM (most expensive M&Gs, very expensive tickets, empty stage on tour, armography, aliexpress outfits => little investment for huge prices), they could at least give one huge and expensive era worth of an A-lister, that'd help her on the long ride. 

Wait. An empty stage on tour? What? 😂

I agree with everything you said. Britney was once known for memorable videos where each MV had an iconic moment or outfit or theme. We need that back.

But back to this empty stage. What? Lol 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Towelney said:

With the conservatorship hopefully ending in August, and if she starts the process for a new album for late 2021/2022, do you guys think she could get another #1 album? Or at least a #2?

Do you guys think there would be enough hype? Discuss. 

FB_IMG_1592432776121.jpg.e2cc4b588dcb0beba45c2c8035e51ffb.jpg

many things influence to get a N. 1.

- The Content i mean the songs were really good and flexible to all kinds of taste. 

- Interviews 

- Marketing (Tik Tok, Sponsorships of brands, Performances)

- The only way she could sell physical copies is comes autographed or something special.

I Insist 2021 is a oversupply year , if she lauch something in 2021 she needs to put 5x more than anytime.

For example Britney jean it was good at the time (not the best), but was charting at the same time with prism. artpop, beyonce , self titled and bangerz from miley,

And glory was charting with  Dangerous woman by Ariana , Joanne by gaga , Lemonade, Anti , Drake , too many Bops in 2016.

So its strategy too.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Wait. An empty stage on tour? What? 😂

I agree with everything you said. Britney was once known for memorable videos where each MV had an iconic moment or outfit or theme. We need that back.

But back to this empty stage. What? Lol 

POM tour was tragic :jl:

just compare it with the CT & the FFT :quirkney: 

they brought 0 material, the jungle tree/even the bars from 'do you wanna come over' :selenerz: she was miming the scrapped objects :selenerz: we've reached a whole new level that year :selenerz: (btw, a mime-themed MV would be awesome) and I'm not even going to talk about the awful lingerie from aliexpress or that mask :selenerz: she was already shamelessly lip-syncing to 20yo pitched (:jl:) vocals but the mask was just too much :selenerz: and she had the potential to shine :selenerz:

1. production & stage: cheap, they could've improved it
2. outfits: awful, they could've change it
3. dancing: awful, and we saw that she was able to dance well (the Janet Jackson clip, 2016 BBMA second-half)

4. lip-syncing: I don't mind that one, but she showed that she was able to sing with her old voice... just one song in 2 hours from her catalogue/or even a cover.

honestly, they had the cards, and they decided to not use any of them. that's why I was kinda pissed at them for that, I would've never spent my money for that thing :quirkney: 

• Haha 1
  • Leader

I think she can. Bottom line: the music is bomb, and has meaning besides, it WILL perform well. 

I think it's super important her songs touch on what she's been going through these last 10 years. Themes of freedom, restraints, rumors, lies, truths, sadness, resilience, rebellion, endurance, the courts, her kids... disguised with hard-hitting beats and slick production. That would slay. We need honesty, but at arm's length, otherwise we're treading on ~my most personal album~ territory again, and that won't fly.

Gaga did it perfectly with #Chromatica. I'm not saying Britney copies, but Gaga was able to open up about real-life topics she's gone/going through, but do it in a way that still takes the listener on a wild ride. 

Team B, if you're reading this, hit ya boy up and I'll help contribute so everybody wins. :teigen:

5 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I think she can. Bottom line: the music is bomb, and has meaning besides, it WILL perform well. 

I think it's super important her songs touch on what she's been going through these last 10 years. Themes of freedom, restraints, rumors, lies, truths, sadness, resilience, rebellion, endurance, the courts, her kids... disguised with hard-hitting beats and slick production. That would slay. We need honesty, but at arm's length, otherwise we're treading on ~my most personal album~ territory again, and that won't fly.

Gaga did it perfectly with #Chromatica. I'm not saying Britney copies, but Gaga was able to open up about real-life topics she's gone/going through, but do it in a way that still takes the listener on a wild ride. 

Team B, if you're reading this, hit ya boy up and I'll help contribute so everybody wins. :teigen:

I Hope She Does Bops With Those Themes, I Think Dance - Pop Songs Would Be Great.  It Would Give Me Life If She Called The Album “Free”.

31 minutes ago, conceptuel said:

I prefer quality over quantity. but honestly, with all the $$$$$$$$$$$ they made with POM (most expensive M&Gs, very expensive tickets, empty stage on tour, armography, aliexpress outfits => little investment for huge prices), they could at least give one huge and expensive era worth of an A-lister, that'd help her on the long ride. 

all of Bfans prefer quality over quantity.

About Meets and greets prices and quality and the higher tickets of the cheap tickets, the guilt is for us, because they can put the price but is financed by US. instead of financing cheap meet and greets why don't finance a good PR, a good lawyers for the whole freebritney.

Its a business, is the same show with higher ticket prices between 300-500 with the promise you will have britney spears less than 40 meters distance from you in a intimate show. Do u think the GP Will pay that amount for seing a cheap vegas show?? NOOOOO... the only people who pays that is really deep heart fans, the almost asistants of the POM TOUR in US, was people who already assisted to las vegas show. they created a cheap product who selled without too many stress, because create new outfits, stages, rehearsals , locations for rehearsals means money, and the POM tour was all earnings. a 1800 people show of britney grossed about million dollars. beyonce and many artist needs 50000 people to get 4 millions. Also britney was touring at the same time against Shakira and Beyonce, and if she do it arenas in 2018 instead of hotel ballrooms and theaters, she couldn't fit all  the place, because the promise of the fan is being close from her no matter what.

i paid 200$ and i been in front of her in vegas, and its reasonable price for been in front.

13 minutes ago, conceptuel said:

POM tour was tragic :jl:

just compare it with the CT & the FFT :quirkney: 

they brought 0 material, the jungle tree/even the bars from 'do you wanna come over' :selenerz: she was miming the scrapped objects :selenerz: we've reached a whole new level that year :selenerz: (btw, a mime-themed MV would be awesome) and I'm not even going to talk about the awful lingerie from aliexpress or that mask :selenerz: she was already shamelessly lip-syncing to 20yo pitched (:jl:) vocals but the mask was just too much :selenerz: and she had the potential to shine :selenerz:

1. production & stage: cheap, they could've improved it
2. outfits: awful, they could've change it
3. dancing: awful, and we saw that she was able to dance well (the Janet Jackson clip, 2016 BBMA second-half)

4. lip-syncing: I don't mind that one, but she showed that she was able to sing with her old voice... just one song in 2 hours from her catalogue/or even a cover.

honestly, they had the cards, and they decided to not use any of them. that's why I was kinda pissed at them for that, I would've never spent my money for that thing :quirkney: 

Do you have a video of the empty stage that you’re speaking of? I remember hearing they couldn’t bring the tree and some other things, but it didn’t look that bad from what I saw. I heard her team was cheap with everything else though (like with the vip bags and doing the meet and greets behind a curtain in the hallway :makeup:)

I think a lot of people underestimate the power Britney still has. Undoubtedly one of the most iconic performers of all time... and people recognize this. I think she’s easily gonna be able to get a number 1 with this next record, especially since her OG fan base is going through that ‘nostalgia’ period now. 

All of these albums went #1 and had very similar sales:

• "Madame X" sold 95k
  • "Hurts 2B Human" sold 115k
  • "Courage" sold 113k
  • "Melodrama" sold 109k
  • "Lust for Life" sold 107k
  • "Rainbow" sold 117k
  • "This Is What the Truth Feels Like" barely sold 84k

"Glory" sold pretty well, and she could easily go #1 with 100k, which I'm sure she can still pull. It's just a matter of timing. :sipney: She's doing just about as well as one would expect from someone who's been in the industry for 20 years. I mean, look at her contemporaries - they're not doing much better. :typing:

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Do you have a video of the empty stage that you’re speaking of? I remember hearing they couldn’t bring the tree and some other things, but it didn’t look that bad from what I saw. I heard her team was cheap with everything else though (like with the vip bags and doing the meet and greets behind a curtain in the hallway :makeup:)

'empty' was hyperbolic :jl:

@40minutes : :jl: one cheap pole dance

@56 minutes: circus entry scrapped :jl:

@1h10: :jl:

@1m48: that WB entry :jl:

that was so embarrassing, it takes some balls to make people pay hundreds of dollars for such a **** 

43 minutes ago, vzlafan said:

means money, and the POM tour was all earnings. a 1800 people show of britney grossed about million dollars. beyonce and many artist needs 50000 people to get 4 millions. Also britney was touring at the same time against Shakira and Beyonce, and if she do it arenas in 2018 instead of hotel ballrooms and theaters, she couldn't fit all  the place, because the promise of the fan is being close from her no matter what.

it did well in places in which Beyoncé, Taylor Swift & Shakira don't go (Asia) :selenerz: despite no having a hit in more than 4-5 years at that time, 0 promotion, and embarrassing lip-synced performances since FF :selenerz: I'd really love to see how much was invested in that tour (stage, promotion, dancers, costumes, 'album') vs how much money it brought :selenerz:

• Haha 1

If she stays under the current circumstances....it doesn’t matter if she gets another #1. She’s clearly not interested in trying to create a new Britney Spears era with all the people around her butchering it, not letting her express herself. Even if she did, I doubt she’ll feel comfortable with the hype for her (if she gets the hype anyways). And I honestly can’t see her doing something other than what she’s been doing for the last decade. I feel like she says to herself “I do what I love” just to keep going without feeling it. She needs reinvention but people who handle her brand don’t have that intelligence. They don’t know any formula other than making britney go blonde, sing some **** songs with a forced baby voice and get on a cheap stage to lipsync so they can make money without spending much. Yes there is big potential, I know. But it’s just not likely to be used  :yaknow: