Would B10 go #1?

With the conservatorship hopefully ending in August, and if she starts the process for a new album for late 2021/2022, do you guys think she could get another #1 album? Or at least a #2?

Do you guys think there would be enough hype? Discuss. 

FB_IMG_1592432776121.jpg.e2cc4b588dcb0beba45c2c8035e51ffb.jpg

Edited by Roxxy
Featured. TEEHEE 💛🧡💜

She needs to release with no competition.

She also needs to avoid Barbara Streisand.

Just do bundles, a target exclusive with a couple of bonus tracks not on the regular deluxe plus an exclusive dvd of her vegas residency as the targer super deluxe. CD/DVD/Vinyl plus a 2022 calendar 

Don't focus on streams. It's evident her audience would rather buy. She did come from that last leg of Pure sales. Which means the audience wants a product to hold. Not just an internet product. 

The conservatorship is not ending in August.  The second we get word that a motion to end has been filed by someone (I believe it will be public record), we can start getting excited.

yes, she can still get a number 1 album.  She will probably never have another massively successful album again...unless major success is what she wants...in that case she will pull out all the stops, but I don’t think she wants that.

If her album gets released with no other big releases (even a week or two after a big release), she can go number 1.  Easily.  It doesn’t take that much.

• Like 2

B10 would go #1 if Britney did a complete overhaul. Unfortunately, the cship and the freebritney movement has kinda soured the appeal of her brand. If she gets her freedom, comes out with a banging first single (with a banging video that comes out ON schedule without being scrapped), and does PROMO, and has maybe a high profile a-list collaboration (no more lowbrow g-eazy, tinasha, or igloo collaborations) then yes. And I do think Britney is going to have a major comeback with the next album whenever we get it. She’s making us wait, so we’re anticipating...so once she drops something I think it’ll be a hit. But fire Larry before releasing anything 

BUT, we have to get our streaming numbers up somehow. It’s well-documented that pop stars over 35 get no radio AirPlay, so our streaming will need a big boost.

• Like 4
  • Content Curators

Yes I think she can but she has to chose her new sound carefully. The last two albums didn't do well because even though some fans like them the sound is boring and most people don't like stuff like that.

• Like 3

I wanna be there when you touch fire

She has not been truly commercial post Circus era imo:hiii:. Lack of promotion, lack of engagement, poor branding decisions. But im sure she couldnt Care less she is obligated to produce records and tries having fun with that and that is it. I Think the rest, videos, promo, performances is just a hassle to her. To her life is a Beach you know water beach GIF

• Like 1

given the right timing then she can. she can still sell 100k+ despite horrible promo and flop lead singles unlike others who do tons of promo but barely manages to sell 100k+. i am more concerned with how she sustains her sales. all of her 3 albums last decade went free falling from billboard after the first week and their combined sales is just above 1M, Circus alone outsells all 3 of them. :orangu:

• Like 2

Honestly all it'd take is for her to sing LIVE, appear on talk shows and have a great 1st single with a high budget music video. 

If her first single she sung in her lower, more natural voice and it was performed LIVE. She'd get the entire internet talking. 

26 minutes ago, Louis_j said:

She needs worldwide promo. Many people still don't know Britney Jean (in that case, it's for the better) & Glory exist. :tiffdrink:

I wonder if Britney’s team knows how lucky they are that nobody outside of the fandom truly knows about the Britney Jean scandal. Like, that could’ve been career ending if the press ran with it, but luckily they didn’t. A part of me wonders if Britney purposely f-ed up BJ so she could finally retire. She seems happy now that she isn’t working, so I wouldn’t put it past her. She’s earned time to do whatever she wants 

• Like 3

well  to me its very simple: Britney Jean flopped, why? Because it was  a crap album. Glory was successful, why? because it was a great album

Therefore, B10 needs to be great to be successful. I don't know if itll get to  #1 but tbh nowadays chart   positions mean nothing. if it goes top 5 in UK and US than thatll be a success in my eyes. and like glory, if she does all major programmes in the UK like Lorraine, loose women and this morning. and all majors in the US then I think it will be successful. TBH I dont think the 5 year gap between albums [I say 5 years because we're obviously not getting a new album this year] is a issue. there was 4 years between ITZ and BO and she toured UK in 2018 which sold well. so I think its all down to the music and promo

19 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

I wonder if Britney’s team knows how lucky they are that nobody outside of the fandom truly knows about the Britney Jean scandal. Like, that could’ve been career ending if the press ran with it, but luckily they didn’t. A part of me wonders if Britney purposely f-ed up BJ so she could finally retire. She seems happy now that she isn’t working, so I wouldn’t put it past her. She’s earned time to do whatever she wants 

it's probably a 'debt' that the industry owes to her for everything they did to her, the inquisitive questions about her virginity, 2004-2007, the insane standards (the gimme more performance, except for the lip-sync, is better than a lot of stuff today)

& about your thread, yes it can easily. but she would need... an era. a built one, with a cohesive style, maybe a theme, who cares, just something that you know belongs to there, and it goes from the looks in the MVs 'till the looks on the red carpet/interviews. also, memorable music videos. by 'memorable', I mean a MV that you can re-watch. look at Katy Perry. her singles from Witness flopped hard but they still have more views than BOMT/Toxic. that's because she knows how to make MVs that people wants to rewatch. roar? the jungle. bon appétit? the weird mess. chained to the rythm? retro futuristic. last Friday night? teenager cliché. slumber party? oh Britney dancing **** in short outfits. MM? Britney dancing **** in short outfits. Perfume? Britney walking around in jeans. (and that's it, lmao at how little is the material that we got in 7 years). a theme almost always work, strong visuals (toxic, bomt, oops, womaniser had strong visuals). there's the MV, but there's also the performances. hence why a theme is important, or we'd get boring performances with Britney in short outfits lip-syncing and arm-twirling. a lot of people here enjoyed the CT because of its theme & visuals. yeah they help a lot (in the remixes + people remember these more easily). 

great MVs, great performances (not many, just do all the major awards shows in the US and oversea) with great visuals, a new style (not just short dresses and terrible makeup), a new style of music (she has great taste in general, just do what you like and don't give a f about what is trendy atm) => a recipe for a successful era (especially now, because... the pop scene is empty. there's no major act right now, it's been so calm). 

circus was somehow great but the album was meh, the performances and great visuals but were quite boring because of lack of dancing/singing (& she only promoted 2 singles), the MVs were meh except for Womanizer. 

I prefer quality over quantity. but honestly, with all the $$$$$$$$$$$ they made with POM (most expensive M&Gs, very expensive tickets, empty stage on tour, armography, aliexpress outfits => little investment for huge prices), they could at least give one huge and expensive era worth of an A-lister, that'd help her on the long ride.