Lady Gaga 'Chromatica' stream + comment party

44 minutes ago, SouthernOreo said:

Did you miss where I stated “I said what I said”? Yes, I’ve heard all of her albums — I have them. I love Born This Way. Chromatica is damn lovechild between Born This Way & ArtPop. 

wait, let me go mention that.

Mmm alright :ririshade2:

My favs are Alice (although it sounds like my name is Dallas) and Sour Candy. They should have been debut singles. Rain on Me has grown on me but these two are way better songs than the ones she or her team chose for debut.

Other worthy mentions 

Sine from above 
1000 Doves

But the best song of all was definitely MOOD RING! by the one an only Britney! <3

• Like 1

To me this is the worst Gaga album ever. 

Sounds like a RuPaul album, not Lady Gaga. I feel like she was trying so hard to please her (mostly gay) fans, so she went into the direction. 

To me JOANNE was so much better than Chromatica. And to all the people saying this is a Born this Way x ArtPop album. Where is the Chromatica-BornThisWay? Where is the CromaticaG.U.Y.? None of these songs to me is that good or near that level. 

Rain On Me was ok but only because Ariana saved it. 

Sour Candy is ok because it has a Kpop vibe to it but it doesn't have a real chorus. 

And the worst thing for me is: HER VOCALS. I feel like she is screaming the entire time. I miss the smoothness in her voice that she used to have. She's always had strong vocals but they were very versatile. I feel like now she is just belting and shouting. 

I really expected more but hey apparently she pleased a lot of her fans so that's a good thing I guess.

• Like 1

Relistening to it right now while I'm writing an essay, and it's even better than it was on first listen. That always happens, though. It usually takes me two or three listens to become familiar with the melodies and patterns to fully appreciate an album. Might go from a 7 to an 8. :) I think this is one of her most consistent albums in terms of from-start-to-finish listens. However, it has the least standout tracks out of all her albums. "The Fame" still remains her most consistent album. "Born This Way" still has the most standout tracks. :sipney:

This album is a big BLAH a lot of the songs legit have no punch to them. A sick beat can only do so much if you are not adding a sick or catchy chorus to it. I like 4 song tops. Gaga creates these big concepts but the music just does not live up to the concepts over and over. It’s like she trie to hard, ALL THE DAMN TIME! I just wish she would make a pop album for the sake of just making a pop album!

I’m going to have to listen properly. 
So far aside from the initial two single releases.. stupid love is a banger imo.

I’m really digging 

Sine from Above (third single perhaps?)

Alice 

Replay

Also worth mentioning... Free Woman & Babylon.

It’s a solid album I think. It feels organic. I’m really happy for her. 
I love Artpop despite so many dissing it. I genuinely love that album. I love and appreciate Joanne for the album it is (Kesha - Rainbow and Gaga - Joanne were a mood) 

The Fame/Fame Monster will always be that album. 
It’s nice to have her back. Hope I grow to love Chromatica to!

#nostalgicaf 

So, after a first listen... some songs will definitely grow on me.

There are no terrible songs like in Artpop but no real standouts (Artpop had some too). This is my big issue: I was doing something else while listening, and after the whole first listen, most songs were a blur, because it's hard to differentiate one from another.

It's not a bad album, very cohesive, but maybe too much? :juggingu:

My top 3:

1. Alice
  2. 911 (this transition from the interlude is fire!).
  3. Babylon.

Stupid Love is a bad first single choice.

(Why are all the songs so short? Uninspired rap artists usually do that to get the money from the streams).

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block