Lady Gaga 'Chromatica' stream + comment party

Aggregate scores
Source Rating
Album of the Year 73/100 [75]
Review scores
Source Rating
The A.V. Club B[25]
Clash 8/10[31]
The Guardian 4/5 stars11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_empty.svg.png[77]
The Independent 4/5 stars11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_empty.svg.png[78]
The Irish Times 4/5 stars11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_empty.svg.png[34]
Metro 4.5/5 stars11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_half.svg.png[79]
Evening Standard 4/5 stars11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_empty.svg.png[80]
NME 4/5 stars11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_empty.svg.png[26]
The Times 4/5 stars11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_empty.svg.png[81]
The Telegraph 4/5 stars11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_empty.svg.png[82]

so far the reviews have been positive :) so far it has an 81 on Metacritic (based on only 4 reviews), so the score could still go either way :typing:

-Just finished my first full listen. Honestly, Chromatica sounds reeeeal...Bud Light float at the Pride Parade:jl:( and I mean this in the best way possible). 
-I can't really think of any song I particularly dislike, but I found myself tuning out during Free Woman and Fun Tonight. 
-When ever Gaga is able to tour, Enigma is going to be a whole *** MOMENT, trust me.
-Plastic Doll sounds more "2008" than songs released in 2008. 
- Gaga should film a mv with BLACKPINK for Sour Candy, at exactly one single a year, lord knows them girls must be tired of performing the same 5 songs. 
- Finally, shout out to Elton John for a JAW-DROPPING performance in Sine From Above. 

It honestly feels good to have a big pop release in 2020. 

Well I finally could give it a first listen while I was working out. Overall.. I LIKED IT!... 

With just one listen I would say there are like 3 or 4 basic tracks, but I really liked how she was experimenting again and those heartfelt lyrics were soo soo good, give us your pain transform in art Gaga!!... :gloriascary:
My biggest surprise was how much I love Above :umomg::umomg:... was not expecting that as I am not a huge Elton fan; but the production, the lyrics and the vocals are awsome.
My favorites: Above, Rain on me, Sour Candy, Plastic Doll and Replay. :barbie:

Babylon is such a Vogue. Shame on Gaga.

Alice,rain on me, free woman and plastic doll r my favourites.

Song feat Elton John is smth better be out of the album. The end of that song is just ridiculously strange.

Stupid love and rain on me beginnings sound  the same.

It's not genious album but it definetely has good dance tracks.

911 kinda reminds me of Starstruck, I like the verses but the chorus is not the best. Sour Candy has an amazing beat but Gaga's parts sound very weird after BP's verse. In general I feel that this album is a grower. On first listen I wasn't wowed. :jl:

Songs that caught my attention more are Sour candy, Replay and Shine from above. 

My physical copy arrived today and I'm seriously impressed with how it's been made, it's almost like a book! The album's booklet is amazing, finally imported the CD so I can listen to the bonus tracks. Also got the UK cassette which is green. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

I had actually thought Exhale would light this Topic up way more :katycry:

Maybe cause it's of the Mood Ring release? I expected a 1000 replies :clownery:

Some people like me were sleeping when it was released. :gelis:

I have been working from home while blasting it (I almost wrote "pop a 911" in an email). :blol:

It gets better after a few listens. We needs clubs open for this record! :bparty:

I really love the album. 

Sine From Above, 911, Alice, Replay are my favs. 

I still think some of the songs should be longer. Would have made them even better. 

Is their a vinyl version of her album that has the original cover to display? I was gonna buy it from target but it’s just a clear vinyl in a clear sleeve. Boring. 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I really love the album. 

Sine From Above, 911, Alice, Replay are my favs. 

I still think some of the songs should be longer. Would have made them even better. 

Is their a vinyl version of her album that has the original cover to display? I was gonna buy it from target but it’s just a clear vinyl in a clear sleeve. Boring. 

I don't think there is for now.. She'll probably release them later on.. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block