Lady Gaga 'Chromatica' stream + comment party

Best tracks: Babylon, Sine from Above, Replay, Sour Candy, Plastic Doll, 911, Rain on Me 

Thoughts: Overall, a very solid album. :clicktina:"Stupid Love" is still the weakest track. :gagacrash: A very atmospheric, smooth and cohesive listen, which is both a good and a bad thing. It's one of those albums that works as an album, but separately most of the songs fall apart and aren't particularly interesting. I see myself skipping more than half of the songs if they ever come on shuffle, but I'll definitely enjoy listening to the album as a whole. :typing: I know I'm going to get dragged for this, but I don't care. What I just talked about makes me think of "Confessions On A Dancefloor" - a very seamless dance record without many standout tracks (the only songs that I don't skip on shuffle are "Hung Up", "Sorry", "Push" and "Isaac", yet it's still a really good album). This album is exactly the same. Except, "Confessions" is more experimental. :martini: It's a shame that this type of dance music was beaten to death in the first half of the 2010s. Makes it sound dated. It almost feels wrong listening to this type of music in 2020. "Future Nostalgia" can get away with this without sounding dated because the genres she explored haven't been milked to death in modern music, which isn't necessarily Gaga's fault. :holduplisten: I'm expecting very mixed reviews and I doubt the GP will eat this up considering it's very much an album for the gays / Europeans (same difference). :smokney2:

Final rating: 7 ("Future Nostalgia" and "Dedicated: Side B" outsold, but that was to be expected) :sipney:

Pitchfork should hire me, I know. :chrissy:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

I love thematic and consistent albums. And this one is very thematic circa 90's house album.

Ok my review of each song after listening to the whole thing several times

- Chromatica 1: I was in love with this interlude since it came out with Stupid Love. Its just so beautiful and it really feels that we are entering the world of Chromatica. 10/10

- Alice: I expected better for an opener track but this is still very good. A  hot mess at times like they merged different songs into 1. "My name isn't Alice but I keep looking for wonderland" is the best part and the track overal is very danceable. 7/10

- Stupid Love: Its obvious why they chose this one as the 1st single. Its the best track on the record. Its very melodic and danceable. And her voice here is on point. The "Get down freak out" part is fire. If Perfect Ilussion and Do what you want had a baby this would be it. 10/10

- Rain on Me: Very good track. I just love how Gaga says : RAIN . ON . ME and the beat explodes into this danceable experience. This track would have fired the dance clubs if it wasnt for the covid-crisis. Gaga's deep voice blends very well with Ariana's sugary voice. However Ariana has the best parts in the song. 9/10

- Free Woman: Another great dance track. The lyrics are very uplifting. Everytime I listen to the song I imagine some sort of a fierce runaway going on. I listened to the demo and this one is more polished. However I miss the "I want to be free free free forever baby" . In my opinion if theres ever a 3rd single. This should be it. My favorite song after Stupid Love. 9.5/10

- Fun Tonight: Well this song is kinda bland and boring. I'm definitely not having fun with this one. For effort I give this 5/10

- Chromatica II : Another amazing interlude. Very cinematic and I love how it blends well with the next track. Man I wish the interludes were full songs. 10/10

- 911 : I have a love/hate relationship with this track. I cant decide if the robotic voice makes the song great or a mess. Reminds me a tiny bit of a "The Fame" era kinda song in the sense that Gaga's voice is playful in this one. I wont be playing this song a lot 6.5/10

- Plastic Doll: Another boring song. This is Fun Tonight 2.0  The bridge is the only good part of the song. 5.5/10

- Sour Candy: This song is a banger. But too much Blackpink for my taste and too short. However Gaga does a stellar job on this one. 8.5/10

- Enigma: This song has a very beautiful opening and the 2nd verse is just as beautiful. That part reminds me a bit of a basic version of "Frozen". I meant to say that as a compliment. The rest of the song is nothing spectacular tho. 7/10

- Replay: This song is so much fun . It definitely has Replay value like Jordan said. 8/10

- Chromatica III : I just love the orchestration of these. Do I wish this was longer? For sure. 8/10

- Sine From Above: I love Gaga's angelical vocals when she says "I heard one sine from above" Thats the best review I can give this song. The rest is lackluster. It doesnt help that I hate Elton's voice. 5/10

- 1000 Doves: I wanted to like this song so bad. Gaga's vocals are stunning in this one and the little dance beat is cute. But this song feels so long and thats not a good thing. 6/10

- Babylon: This song is fierce and I just love Gaga's dramatic deep voice on it. I appreciate the choir chorus and its another song that can fire up a runway. The only thing that would make this song even better is if it had some of the "Battle of your life" haus laboratories instrumental that was so amazing. Yes this song is very Vogue/Like a Prayer but Gaga makes it iconic in her own way. A great way to close the record. 9/10

Overall I give Chromatica a rate of 7 out of 10

I spent a whole 2 hours writting this review while hearing the album so please dont slaughter me haha.

• Love 2
  • Leader
Just now, xfactorsam said:

I love thematic and consistent albums. And this one is very thematic circa 90's house album.

Ok my review of each song after listening to the whole thing several times

- Chromatica 1: I was in love with this interlude since it came out with Stupid Love. Its just so beautiful and it really feels that we are entering the world of Chromatica. 10/10

- Alice: I expected better for an opener track but this is still very good. A  hot mess at times like they merged different songs into 1. "My name isn't Alice but I keep looking for wonderland" is the best part and the track overal is very danceable. 7/10

- Stupid Love: Its obvious why they chose this one as the 1st single. Its the best track on the record. Its very melodic and danceable. And her voice here is on point. The "Get down freak out" part is fire. If Perfect Ilussion and Do what you want had a baby this would be it. 10/10

- Rain on Me: Very good track. I just love how Gaga says : RAIN . ON . ME and the beat explodes into this danceable experience. This track would have fired the dance clubs if it wasnt for the covid-crisis. Gaga's deep voice blends very well with Ariana's sugary voice. However Ariana has the best parts in the song. 9/10

- Free Woman: Another great dance track. The lyrics are very uplifting. Everytime I listen to the song I imagine some sort of a fierce runaway going on. I listened to the demo and this one is more polished. However I miss the "I want to be free free free forever baby" . In my opinion if theres ever a 3rd single. This should be it. My favorite song after Stupid Love. 9.5/10

- Fun Tonight: Well this song is kinda bland and boring. I'm definitely not having fun with this one. For effort I give this 5/10

- Chromatica II : Another amazing interlude. Very cinematic and I love how it blends well with the next track. Man I wish the interludes were full songs. 10/10

- 911 : I have a love/hate relationship with this track. I cant decide if the robotic voice makes the song great or a mess. Reminds me a tiny bit of a "The Fame" era kinda song in the sense that Gaga's voice is playful in this one. I wont be playing this song a lot 6.5/10

- Plastic Doll: Another boring song. This is Fun Tonight 2.0  The bridge is the only good part of the song. 5.5/10

- Sour Candy: This song is a banger. But too much Blackpink for my taste and too short. However Gaga does a stellar job on this one. 8.5/10

- Enigma: This song has a very beautiful opening and the 2nd verse is just as beautiful. That part reminds me a bit of a basic version of "Frozen". I meant to say that as a compliment. The rest of the song is nothing spectacular tho. 7/10

- Replay: This song is so much fun . It definitely has Replay value like Jordan said. 8/10

- Chromatica III : I just love the orchestration of these. Do I wish this was longer? For sure. 8/10

- Sine From Above: I love Gaga's angelical vocals when she says "I heard one sine from above" Thats the best review I can give this song. The rest is lackluster. It doesnt help that I hate Elton's voice. 5/10

- 1000 Doves: I wanted to like this song so bad. Gaga's vocals are stunning in this one and the little dance beat is cute. But this song feels so long and thats not a good thing. 6/10

- Babylon: This song is fierce and I just love Gaga's dramatic deep voice on it. I appreciate the choir chorus and its another song that can fire up a runway. The only thing that would make this song even better is if it had some of the "Battle of your life" haus laboratories instrumental that was so amazing. Yes this song is very Vogue/Like a Prayer but Gaga makes it iconic in her own way. A great way to close the record. 9/10

Overall I give Chromatica a rate of 7 out of 10

I spent a whole 2 hours writting this review while hearing the album so please dont slaughter me haha.

Wow :crying1:

Super appreciate the time and effort that went into this!!

Final Verdict: 

I enjoyed

Alice

Rain on me 

Babylon 

1000 doves

songs that are mediocre: 

plastic doll 

stupid love 

Sour candy 

bottom tier 

Elton John collab

enigma 

Replay 

overall strong comeback album. Proud of her :whiteladydance: Babylon and 1000 doves I really like, Babylon stands out to me from the album. Prolly should be the next single tbh. 

The album in my opinion i was waiting for something better she got great works like Artpop and Fame Monster.

BOPS Rain on me, Sour Candy, Enigma, Babylon, Sine from Above (The lyrics are a NOT, but the song is good)

NOTS, Alice,    Stupid Love its her worst single,   Free Woman,  Fun Tonight, Plastic Doll, 911,  the lyrics from sine from above its just WTF you can't understand , 1000 Doves 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block