Lady Gaga 'Chromatica' stream + comment party

1 hour ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

i don't have to dig for them they just pop up on my timeline ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and come on, maybe the first two pics are a stretch but the last two... same outfit, same pose, same green and pink color scheme... 

I highly doubt Lady Gaga digs through Bjork shoots and thinks, yes this is the one I want to do :cackling:

• Love 1

okay this album is AMAZING. Very cohesive and flows really well! So many bops, the album is very 90s inspired isn’t it? Alice, Free Woman, Plastic Doll, Sine From Above (I was NOT expecting that ending!!!). Still need to hear Love Me Right on the deluxe edition.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, reecejwilson said:

I highly doubt Lady Gaga digs through Bjork shoots and thinks, yes this is the one I want to do :cackling:

please, Bjork has been extremely influential in the music industry and it's clear Gaga (along with many other artists) take inspiration from her. not that there's anything wrong with that in itself, but the idea of a popular artist copying one of Bjorks shoots is not that far fetched

especially because she's not a mainstream artist and therefore the copying would be less noticed by the general public

So I obtained the album by setting my VPN to UK and downloaded all the tracks. But I'm buying it from Target tomorrow so I'm still a good stan. I'm not gonna talk about the interludes cause I've never really liked interludes.

Alice: This is a banger and ironically only works as an album opener because of the interlude preceding it. I love the house beat and the metaphor of the song. (9.5/10)

Stupid Love: It actually sounds better in the context of the album. Still kinda basic though. (7/10)

Rain On Me: Immaculate. Pop perfection. (10/10)

Free Woman: It's a cute bop. I actually like the demo that leaked prior. This version kinda sound overproduced. Still has good lyrical content though (8/10)

Fun Tonight: It's a very well produced song. Only criticism is that the chorus is to long. Instead of taking the time to make the chorus be two stanzas and made a bridge instead the song would be much better (7.5/10)

911: First, I gotta say that transition from Chromatica II to 911 had me SHOOK. This song SLAPS too! It gives me very much old weird Gaga which I've been missing. And that "rap" (I say "rap" loosely) verse was immaculate! (10/10)

Plastic Doll: I love her powerful vocals on this. And the production is great doll. Who doesn't love an 80s drum machine? The lyrics are really good too. I love metaphors. (9/10)

Sour Candy: This song gives me LIFE! It's so sassy! It reminds me of Wasabi by Little Mix. I will say though that BLACKPINK'S part is better than Gaga's and I don't even listen to K-Pop. (9.5/10)

Enigma: This a bop. But it's not a "blow me away" bop. I can tell it will significantly grow on me as time goes on though. That bridge is fire though. (8.5/10)

Replay: I don't know what it was but as soon as this song started I was hooked. This also gives me old Gaga energy. And I LOVE the break after the chorus. The vocal performance on this song is sick too. And not just in how powerful they are or the belts but in the way she pronounces certain words. It takes the song up another notch. (10/10)

Sine From Above: Another seamless transition and we're in the last act of the record. First, I'll say that I love the PASSION in Gaga's voice on this track! And that break after the chorus is sick! That last instrumental break had me SHOOK. It came completely out of nowhere. It was like something straight from ARTPOP. Though I feel like Elton John's appearance is unnecessary. (8.5/10)

1000 Doves: It's a cute song. It doesn't do a lot for me though. But I will commend her for her songwriting and vocals on this track. (7/10)

Babylon: I was excited for this song ever since I heard the demo. And I was NOT disappointed. Old Gaga was in full effect with electronic beats, clever lyricism, and religious references to make the Catholic church pressed. I wish it was longer though since it's so great. But I guess I'll just have to Replay (pun intended) it. (10/10)

Overall this is a really good album. I actually thoroughly enjoyed it and I can tell that it will only grow on me with time. Hands down her most cohesive record. No song seems out of place sonically or thematically and the production is top notch on every track. Her songwriting skills were also really good delivering her best lyrics since Born This Way (and possibly better). I also love how she didn't shy away from fully showing her vocal power (unlike her other dance albums) and made it work despite operating in a genre that does not prioritize vocal power. Overall this is a great return to form for her and it's the first time I felt like I've listened to a GAGA album rather than a Stefani album in a long time. (8.8/10)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Invitation said:

What are your favorites?

Mine: 911, Fun Tonight and maybe Sine From Above.

Mine it's Rain On Me, Sour Candy, Alice, Free Woman, Fun Tonight, Enigma Dumont FM - Gretchen é a “dona da bola” em clipe de “Swish Swish ...

BOPS for life: Sine From Above, 1000 Doves  Rumor: Remake de Resident Evil 2 está sendo considerado. | Fórum ...

• Like 1
  • Leader
23 minutes ago, Deyonce said:

Overall this is a really good album. I actually thoroughly enjoyed it and I can tell that it will only grow on me with time.

THIS. Honestly I feel like this might become one of if not my favorite Gaga album. It's been such a cluster **** of a year, and this was a shimmering GEM amidst all of the madness. Dance floor banger after dance floor banger 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

THIS. Honestly I feel like this might become one of if not my favorite Gaga album. It's been such a cluster **** of a year, and this was a shimmering GEM amidst all of the madness. Dance floor banger after dance floor banger 

Very valid. I feel like anytime life isn't going the best for me a really good album comes out for me to listen too. This album really is Gaga's Confessions On A Dance Floor. She does not slow down once. I already like it more than ARTPOP and It'll probably surpass The Fame. I don't know about Born This Way and The Fame Monster though. But what I will say that Chromatica can hold up against her best work.

I am so so so excited and choosing to wait til midnight 

I have seen 0 people include Sour Candy in their favs on the album which I’m taking as a good sign because I don’t even mind it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  If it’s the worst song on the album I would be thrillllled 

Also I highly recommend following @ChromaticaGov on twitter if you’re not already 

One of the best ways to listen to this album is with your headphones, eyes closed and having a few drinks in between.

It gives you an entire different experience. :whiteladydance:

This might be Gaga's best album yet. There are no ballads ruining the flow, no skippable songs and it's very 80's, 90's house music (my favorite type of music). :praisega:

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block