Britney Spears Reportedly 'Resents' Her Dad, Won't Work Due to Conservatorship

Catalin

brtney-resents-dad.jpg.1ec71c2eff94faa6b0159e3c7d564da3.jpg

Britney Spears Doesn’t Want to Work Due to Conservatorship: She ‘Resents’ Her Dad

"Setting her boundaries! Britney Spears“doesn’t want to work” out of resentment for her father, Jamie Spears, and the rules of her conservatorship, a source exclusively reveals in the new issue of Us Weekly.

The “Toxic” singer, 38, has been enjoying her time away from the spotlight, and hasn’t planned to release new music anytime soon as a form of protest against her conservatorship, which Jamie, 67, has controlled since 2008. As conservator, Jamie has power over the Grammy winner’s multimillion dollar estate, her personal affairs, her relationships and even her taxes.

“Britney has expressed that she doesn’t want to work again because she doesn’t want to continue to essentially keep herself under the conservatorship,” the source tells Us. “Britney resents that her dad is given a monthly allowance which is around $10,000 a month for his services overseeing her finances.”

A second insider confirms that the former Mouseketeer “is in no rush” to record new music. “The thought barely crosses her mind. This is the longest break between album cycles in her career — it’s coming up on four years since Glory was released — and she’s perfectly content with it,” the source adds.

News of Britney’s reluctance to get back into the recording studio comes shortly after her youngest son, Jayden, alleged that she might quit the business entirely. The 13-year-old, whom Britney shares with ex-husband Kevin Federline, fielded questions from fans during an Instagram Live Q&A earlier this month and promised that he would reveal “the whole story” about his mother’s well-being if he reached 5,000 followers.

Though he admitted he didn’t know whether or not the “Circus” singer was “being controlled” by her father, Jayden said he hasn’t seen her “doing a lot of music at all” recently.

“I remember one time I asked her, I said, ‘Mom, what happened to your music?’ and she was like, ‘I don’t know, honey. I think I might just quit it.’ I’m like, ‘What? What are you saying? Like, do you know how much bank you make off of that stuff?” the teenager said at the time.

For more on Britney’s battle against her conservatorship, watch the video above and pick up the new issue of Us Weekly, on newsstands now.

Source: Us Weekly

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Catalin said:

This is the longest break between album cycles in her career — it’s coming up on four years since Glory was released — and she’s perfectly content with it

It's either a stan or an actual insider if they know that Glory exists :jj:

1 minute ago, Itsbad_imsad said:

If this is true, I’m glad this is the stance she is taking and fighting back. It might be all she can do at this point to fight back. Buuuut I really hope all of this hasn’t caused her to completely lose her passion towards music. 

Her music career is over, let's be real.

This is a huge deal, guys! This is no longer some irrelevant trash site. This is US Weekly! Now, more people will be able to read about the "conservatorship". Even if they didn't do a deep dive, this part is more than enough for the GP to read

her conservatorship, which Jamie, 67, has controlled since 2008. As conservator, Jamie has power over the Grammy winner’s multimillion dollar estate, her personal affairs, her relationships and even her taxes.

and finally get her situation out there for more people to talk and gossip about. This is kind of a win for us!

That's smart. Since they are mostly only after her money, if she doesn't work, they won't earn as much. They can try selling 12343 billion fragrance or do this already forgotten "The Zone", it won't be as beneficial as Britney touring or releasing music. Larry is useless now if she doesn't work, so he won't touch much (i think), as well as other people relying on her working :duh:

16 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

This is a huge deal, guys! This is no longer some irrelevant trash site. This is US Weekly! Now, more people will be able to read about the "conservatorship". Even if they didn't do a deep dive, this part is more than enough for the GP to read

and finally get her situation out there for more people to talk and gossip about. This is kind of a win for us!

If we are to be real, if she was worth around $40 million in Feb. 2008 like Adam Streisand said, even with all the lawyer fees she had at that time, the Circus era should have been enough to replenish the funds and invest.

Femme Fatale, Xfactor should have NEVER HAPPENED.  That's when the life coach should have came in to help her rehabilitate, not bringing her back drugged.

16 minutes ago, Catalin said:

Her music career is over, let's be real.

She, like many artists, can always release music without being limited to one outlet.  But I don't really know if she wants to do music for the foreseeable future. 

As this point she should just live her life; and when she gets out of the conservatorship she should live her life.

I figured this is what she has been doing. I mean if you look back on her Ellen interview and announcement you can tell shes over it. Towards the last POM shows when she cried people thought something was up and I think its because she knew what she was about to do. 

Britney is smarter than people give her credit for. She may not be releasing music or spotted in public but people are still buzzing about her. 

• Content Curators

guys i bet she doesnt want to quite music ever

she probably just wants to release music she writes and she wants

she probs wants to perform what she wants

and she wants more input like any artist

but she cant

no wonder she was so wack on the piece of me tour last summer

she was clearly forced to do it

16 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

guys i bet she doesnt want to quite music ever

she probably just wants to release music she writes and she wants

she probs wants to perform what she wants

and she wants more input like any artist

but she cant

no wonder she was so wack on the piece of me tour last summer

she was clearly forced to do it

Exactly, under her own terms :katycream: We will wait for you Britney, we'll  be here for you when you decide to comeback :)

Archived