Exhale Reacts: Britney Spears Cancels 'Domination'

21 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

You are not making no sense

Vegas is always profitable

yes, it is always profitable but now there is more competition than there ever has been on the strip. the industry has shifted and no one knows the result because this has not yet happened in music. 

plus, britney was getting paid a **** ton of money because of how insanely profitable POM was the past few years..sans competition. and with the lack of tickets she sold compared to her competition, i'm sure investors and Park Theatre were getting antsy and thinking twice if it was a smart business move to offer her the half mil per show.

Considering she will eventually go back? No

No because when she returns, even more singers will have residencies and it will be harder for her to sell tickets as she used to when it was only her and a couple of others.

A maaaaybe if we consider she should take longer pauses between projects to create more expectation.

14 minutes ago, Jerrycan said:

No because when she returns, even more singers will have residencies and it will be harder for her to sell tickets as she used to when it was only her and a couple of others.

A maaaaybe if we consider she should take longer pauses between projects to create more expectation.

It's true about the competition :mhm:

But precisely because of that, I don't think longer pauses is what she needs. She would need to keep consistency, but the project needs to be in continuous change. 

I think it was ok that Domination was happening this year, considering POM ended in 2017. The problem here is that there was the summer tour last year, and that's what might have been more tiring than the whole 4 years in Vegas.

She shouldn't leave her career, in terms of singles and albums, on hold either. POM would've been so much better for career, if at the beginning she incorporated more Britney Jean songs, and she kept releasing more singles from that album throughout 2014. Then by the time Glory came out, the Glory songs would've replaced BJ's, it would've given a better feeling of "revamped show" (and the Glory singles should've continued coming throughout 2017). 

Then 1 year off, and Domination in 2019 with a new album would've been ideal. Instead of doing 4 years of the same show, every two years the show should be completely revamped accompanied by a new album. If they worked little by little during the breaks to create new numbers / choreos for a song at a time, by the end of the two years, they would have a completely different show than the first they had at the beggining. But it was imperative that the singles kept coming out, with videoclips of course, so she wouldn't lose her presence in the music scene outside of Vegas. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mel92 said:

yes, it is always profitable but now there is more competition than there ever has been on the strip. the industry has shifted and no one knows the result because this has not yet happened in music. 

plus, britney was getting paid a **** ton of money because of how insanely profitable POM was the past few years..sans competition. and with the lack of tickets she sold compared to her competition, i'm sure investors and Park Theatre were getting antsy and thinking twice if it was a smart business move to offer her the half mil per show.

Why do you folks keep bringing up ticket sales

Is it hard for some of you to comprehend that most of the tickets were going to sell right now and close to showtime

Investors never got antsy because Britney had already proven she can bring in an audience

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jerrycan said:

There's always been a lot of other acts in Vegas and Britney fared well and will continue to do so

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

There was a small part of me that thought it was something else because the timing was off.

Also, when they said she checked herself into a facility, I was thinking she had been in there since January. Then when the word got out they tried to play it off.

• Like 2

I was sure from the beginning that It was not because her father was being "sick", but I was not thinking that the main reason for that cancellation was "poor ticket sales". I thought that Britney got angry or "over it" at some point and that's why they cancelled it... (well of course adding some problems with ticket sales as well).

• 1 year later...

Reading the first few posts in this thread seems so alien, knowing all we do now.

What was presented to us was Jamie was sick for months, and Britney wanted to take care of him, despite announcing it, sharing rehearsals, advertisement etc. We put it down to low sales, and so many believed the reasoning and wished her father well. When the Creative Directors and Dancers shared the videos of their reactions, we should have been on red alert.

How long did it take us to find out that her father forced her into a hospital? 3 months?  How long did it take us to find out that her name wasn't on the POM contract, and the clause for her team to break a contract was Jamie being sick, meaning they more than likely got away with it financially unscathed? 

It feels so alien, in retrospect. Personally speaking, I do think this show was shaping up to be incredible from what we heard and saw. The fact that Dancers are still praising it, with no reason other than because they want to, should say it all. Britney clearly wanted to do this show too! 

Domination had to fall for Free Britney to rise!