Exhale Reacts: Britney Spears Cancels 'Domination'

As a person, I wish her well. Unfortunately, her career built on image, one that aged poorly. Today, she would be considered a slightly above-average dancer at best, she's decent looking, not ugly, just average...it's her voice that makes her unique. The longer she refuses to utilize it as a tool to better her career, the more this fan base will be forced to lower its standards, with each lackluster 'career-move'.

It's not like anyone in this fan-base hasn't felt similarly at one point or another within the last decade or so. I know I have. I'm just an enabler. I allow people like Britney and her team to abuse me with their false promises and lack of follow-through. She gets a pass because of her past difficulties, but unfortunately, she's not adored as much as she is sympathized with. She is no longer a young performer. If she came to terms with this, changes could take place and she could cope with the present music environment.

Britney is rich and famous, and can afford to sing, first and foremost. I doubt it could make things any worse for her.  She does not 'perform' like she used to, physically. Try something different, vocally.  Sing some songs and stop attempting to promote yourself as someone's tipsy mother embarrassing herself at a bar. Stop wearing unflattering costumes in public, sit and sing for a change.

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, 517113 said:

As a person, I wish her well. Unfortunately, her career built on image, one that aged poorly. Today, she would be considered a slightly above-average dancer at best, she's decent looking, not ugly, just average...it's her voice that makes her unique. The longer she refuses to utilize it as a tool to better her career, the more this fan base will be forced to lower its standards, with each lackluster 'career-move'.

It's not like anyone in this fan-base hasn't felt similarly at one point or another within the last decade or so. I know I have. I'm just an enabler. I allow people like Britney and her team to abuse me with their false promises and lack of follow-through. She gets a pass because of her past difficulties, but unfortunately, she's not adored as much as she is sympathized with.

She's rich and famous. She can get away with singing, alone. It couldn't possibly make things any worse for her.  She doesn't 'perform' like she used to, physically. Try something different, vocally.  

Sing some songs and stop attempting to promote yourself as someone's tipsy mother embarrassing herself at a bar. Stop wearing unflattering costumes in public, sit and sing for a change. She's not a young performer, anymore, and it would not be a problem if that wasn't the only thing she apparently knew how to be.

There’s still a large amount of fans who don’t care if she sings live. I would be one of them but she doesn’t even lip sync anymore. 

I’m totally down for a live singing revamp and cut out the dancing  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

I think I’ll take my stan card with me to the grave. :wontcry:

How will you die?

Is it because, as another astute exhale member previously observed, an addiction to Britney leads to fatal levels of toxicity? :gerlwat: 

Or will it be resultant of a broken heart, specifically near the bottom part, due to the inactivity of her career? :crying1:

Although, losing your life is arguably the natural consequence of falling in love with an armed criminal who kills others just for fun, fun, fun, fun. :badthoughts:

Or, perhaps your physical body will survive this choice you’ve made, but the continued fandom of Britney will quite literally “drive you crazy,” chronically keeping you up all night just thinking about her and the state of her career, subsequently resulting in loss of your sanity. :(

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

How will you die?

Is it because, as another astute exhale member previously observed, an addiction to Britney leads to fatal levels of toxicity? :gerlwat: 

Or will it be resultant of a broken heart, specifically near the bottom part, due to the inactivity of her career? :crying1:

Although, losing your life is arguably the natural consequence of falling in love with an armed criminal who kills others just for fun, fun, fun, fun. :badthoughts:

Or, perhaps your physical body will survive this choice you’ve made, but the continued fandom of Britney will quite literally “drive you crazy,” chronically keeping you up all night just thinking about her and the state of her career, subsequently resulting in loss of your sanity. :(

So many choices, so little time! We got another Hero inside the ExHell!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Avatar said:

There’s still a large amount of fans who don’t care if she sings live. I would be one of them but she doesn’t even lip sync anymore. 

I’m totally down for a live singing revamp and cut out the dancing  

I used to not care, either, my friend. Heck, if she'd apply her make-up properly (at LEAST the eye-make up) and present herself as optimistic and enthusiastic I'd probably let it slide, too. That line you said about her 'no longer bothering to lip-sync properly' makes me chuckle because I noticed that, too. Yet, her income isn't affected, nor are her accolades. We, as a fan-base, have been placed in a situation where we offer more, today, for less in return. Soon we'll be considering it impressive that she keeps her eyes open during the performances. I'm not trying to be cruel, but it's not like she's suffering so I might as well speak as a fan on the person I've admired since I was 10 years old, watching the Britney Disney Concert from a Disney hotel room in 1998-1999.  

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, 517113 said:

It's not like anyone in this fan-base hasn't felt similarly at one point or another within the last decade or so. I know I have. I'm just an enabler. I allow people like Britney and her team to abuse me with their false promises and lack of follow-through. She gets a pass because of her past difficulties, but unfortunately, she's not adored as much as she is sympathized with. She is no longer a young performer. If she came to terms with this, changes could take place and she could cope with the present music environment.

Britney is rich and famous, and can afford to sing, first and foremost. I doubt it could make things any worse for her.  She does not 'perform' like she used to, physically. Try something different, vocally.  Sing some songs and stop attempting to promote yourself as someone's tipsy mother embarrassing herself at a bar. Stop wearing unflattering costumes in public, sit and sing for a change.

You want her to become one of these stale dry boring pretentious artist 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Monsah said:

Reasons:

-No drive to deliver music and success. If she doesn't have the drive then why should I have the excitement?

-She obviously has her priorities "straight". Spending Christmas with her new boyfriend while sending her children away.

-She cancelled the residency because she wants to spend time with her father. Maybe she was just honest and she meant she wants time with her "daddy". Aka Sam.

-We ALL thought it was fishy the way the residency was cancelled. But we all accepted it because it is what all of us would do. If my father gets really ill I'm quitting college to be by his side, I understand that. But let's be honest, do you think she had NO IDEA he was really ill for MONTHS and she only decides to cancel it now? Also,  she said he WAS very ill FEW MONTHS ago. So basically now he is recovering. Hence the worst is behind her.

-Years are catching up on her. If even in her 30s she didn't have the drive to be successful, do y'all REALLY believe that when she's in her forties she'll make an epic comeback with great music?? It's over, literally.

-Good for Jordan, he predicted this few years ago and he changed this website from a Britney website to Pop news website. The inevitable is happening, whether you guys like it or not.

To the first reply that says " Then leave ", well, I am!

Call me rude, the "a" word, or anything you'd like. I'm just stating facts.

You're a fool. 

27 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

FlickeringPleasingHoneyeater-max-1mb.gif

reminded me of

tumblr_nm55l2D4Xa1qdcxoeo1_400.gif

@breatheheavy why is it so hard to embed gifs / pictures? :wontcry: We can't embed from Imgur, we cannot embed from tinypic anymore, we can't embed from other forums, or sites like the pictures that have the justjared tag.

Sometimes I wanna share my own pictures or gifs, but I don't know where to upload them anymore :idkney: Is there a list of permitted sites or something? Or am I the only one with these problems? :blol:

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, 517113 said:

It essentially all went down in the 2013/Britney Jean era.  Her image really started to 'deteriorate' following 2013.  Sure there was always messy days during X-Factor/Femme Fatale eras and before but she was always instantly recognizable even when aged.  She had a famous smile, just like Tom Cruise or Julia Roberts.  Roberts to me doesn't look 'great' but she has an instantly recognizable smile, which Britney had until 2014/2015. Yeah there are times where she has looked great since 2016, but they are inconsistent because of her smile. 

Look I think that if she took time off from the Circus era to fully commit herself to being a great performer, I think she would have returned to the level she was in her prime because she still had that charisma during that era; all that was missing was the dancing which would have returned with time to recuperate.

Rather, she and her team had the mission to ensure her wealth for the rest of her life, which is absolutely understandable.  This is a ruthless business that never cared for her well-being, from a monetary standpoint what they did was absolutely correct.  As fans, it's just hopeful that she betters herself as a performer if she puts herself out there.

48 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

How will you die?

I’m thinking that last part you mentioned will be my fate :hideous:

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

reminded me of

tumblr_nm55l2D4Xa1qdcxoeo1_400.gif

@breatheheavy why is it so hard to embed gifs / pictures? :wontcry: We can't embed from Imgur, we cannot embed from tinypic anymore, we can't embed from other forums, or sites like the pictures that have the justjared tag.

Sometimes I wanna share my own pictures or gifs, but I don't know where to upload them anymore :idkney: Is there a list of permitted sites or something? Or am I the only one with these problems? :blol:

https://postimg.cc is your friend

• Like 1
4 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I have to disagree and no it’s not making excuses, I thought she was over it especially with FF and I was almost close to giving up but Glory showed does care to a certain extent, she said she was more hands on and the proof is there, compare Glory and Britney Jean and they are vastly different in terms of how involved she is. There’s no doubt about it that music is her passion, and it’s just like everyone else who is down in the dumps and use music to heal. You can tell she loves that part, I think it’s more of her restraints that’s bothering her and ruining it for her. She has said in her prime that she plans to take a more behind the scenes role and have all these creative ideas but she can’t really persue them cuz she can’t really make any decisions, it’s obvious her team wants to focus on what sells and what works and she is a true artists that just wants to express herself but being a mom she knows she has to make decisions that will benefit everybody and not just her. I know she had her faults but a conservatorship is like having legal parents and obviously that is a mood killer. I’m just saying that it’s not like she wakes up and dreads work Everytime, she likes it to a certain extent.

Your saying she was involved by using receipts of empty words. 

It’s just words..,her actions didn’t match to what you are saying. 

BTI for example i do think she likes that song because she personally went out of her way and made the (cheap) but still cool video. That is showing she cares. 

Same with BBMA she slayed. Showed she cared. Two good things of many years. I mean doesn’t make me believe she wants her career. 

• Super Mods
7 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Your saying she was involved by using receipts of empty words. 

It’s just words..,her actions didn’t match to what you are saying. 

BTI for example i do think she likes that song because she personally went out of her way and made the (cheap) but still cool video. That is showing she cares. 

Same with BBMA she slayed. Showed she cared. Two good things of many years. I mean doesn’t make me believe she wants her career. 

I know I am going to come off as a britard but I believe she still loves it, maybe not as passionate but I feel deep down it’s still there but a lot is affecting her and that’s why this break is good so she can reignite it again. I’m saying this because I went through it but I had a lot personal issues get in the way and thanks to some down time and some weed, I found myself again and reignited my love for photography again and picking up the camera to shoot. I was good and even was doing music videos but I fell into depression and anxiety and was just living life didn’t do any creative projects, but now I’m stepping back, it’s hard and I feel like I’m a baby just learning to walk again but I’m glad I took the time to heal and reflect cuz Britney didn’t really have that, 2008 and 2009 was supposed to be her just recovering but she was working. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, nels64 said:

Exactly! Idk I’m also still here for her as a musician and to see her shows. But people have a very warped perspective on here. 

People crave top 10 hits...I’m not sure why. I don’t know what it is about getting a top 10 that makes following her more enjoyable? I’m here for the music. 

Is POM worse than OHT? Yes is it worse than DWAD? Yes. Is it better than Circus Tour and FFT yes and yes. (Sorry circus was great but it bored me and is rightfully the walkus tour) 

People complain about POM here because they sit and watch videos from every single show. When that’s not what it’s meant for. It’s meant to be watched live once, twice, maybe three times. 

Of course we’re sick of it when you watch the same show for years multiple times a week! 

I think some fans just sit here wanting ITZ-ney or Britney-ney and it’s never going to happen. If you’re only here for chart success or popularity, then how much did you ever like Britney in the first place? If that’s what you truly value, then weren’t you just following her because she was popular? You can get that same feeling from Taylor or Ariana or Cardi B. 

If you’re disappointed because girl just wants to perform and go home yeah you should leave. You aren’t a fan of Britney as a musician, a performer, or a person and frankly you never were. 

My eyes rolled so hard at all of this :disappointed:

• Like 1