Do you think Britney wants this second residency?

Cigarettes&Cologne

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

I think she is happy to perform a show in the same area and not have to travel. I also think she is happy to milk her career for as long as possible. She knows that if she takes a break now and comes back in her 40ies she cant keep doing the same *** kitten thing. So instead of re inventing herself she is milking her old shtick until the public is sick of her and it doesnt work. then she will retire with her reputation ruined.

:shadelaugh:

If this were true it would be iconic imo. It’s f**king brilliant! Why shouldn’t she? You would milk any situation with easy money, we all would! She could ruin it all, disappear and have a NORMAL life, just rich! And after all these years no one would be following her cause they wouldn’t care and she could ENJOY that money! And laugh about it all! **** everyone, she’s Mrs. omg that Britney’s shameless!

That being said, I don’t think that’s possible, I believe she can always “comeback” if she wants/needs to and I think she knows that so she doesn’t give a ****. Britney just has IT which is hard to lose.  As much as everyone hates it even the conservitorship adds to her appeal. It adds mystery which fascinates people! She could just stand there and say nothing (hah!) and half the world will pan it while the other half calls it iconic but everyone is wondering WTF is going on? It’s a drawing force. Everything she does, good or bad, brings more questions than answers. THAT is fascinating.  The real enigma.

You think you know her? Think again.

9 hours ago, generation glory said:

I think it is a shame that we even question whether or not Britney truly wants to do another 2 year residency or whether or not she really wants to continue this career at all. Publicly she says what we and her team want to hear. But her actions and overall vibe shows the opposite imo. Personally when it comes to “Britney Spears” the pop star, I think real Britney is going through the motions. :(

I think she likes the creative part of her job, like the videos she uploaded, I think she really enjoys being at the dance studio (even if she doesn't do the dance moves we would want) and with the backup dancers, and cutting her outfits and stuff like that, but once she's onstage, all of her insecurities and anxiety comes up.

In that sense I've always said it would be better and easier for her if she just quit performing, and just kept releasing albums and videoclips, tons of videoclips, or taped performances with no audience, but it's concerts what sell the most for her these days (and for almost any artist) so I really see why she keeps doing this. She's finally found stability, she doesn't have the pressure anymore of having to "reinvent herself" 'cause she doesn't have to worry about sales or charts or if fans will keep following her in the next project/album. I think very few people can reach that point at her age.

18 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Can you clarify?

I was saying that it's a contradiction to simultaneously claim that she already has enough to retire, and to also claim that she doesn't have enough to retire. How can it be both at once?

It can be both according to the source. 

Britney may feel she hasn’t not enough to retire to live a lifestyle she has become accustomed to and future she envisions for her children and grandchildren.

her father may feel it’s  not enough Knowing his daughters spending habits and 

the general public may feel she has as many have never lived a life of such luxury many are happy on 60k a year. 

Andrew wallett may feel she has made enough as once again nevertheless lived a life of such luxury bodyguards, servants and 5* holidays. Different vision for Britneys children and grandchildren.  

24 minutes ago, Betty1994 said:

Britney may feel she hasn’t not enough to retire to live a lifestyle she has become accustomed to and future she envisions for her children and grandchildren.

the general public may feel she has as many have never lived a life of such luxury many are happy on 60k a year. 

Andrew wallett may feel she has made enough as once again nevertheless lived a life of such luxury bodyguards, servants and 5* holidays. Different vision for Britneys children and grandchildren.  

Ah, I understand now. And yes, you're right. We all have a different idea of what is considered "comfortable" living.

This might also explain why Britney at times seems resentful of her own career...She may be happy with living in Louisiana and shopping at Target, while her father may want her to earn enough for the bodyguards, servants and five-star holidays. Or vice versa, depending on the day.

33 minutes ago, Betty1994 said:

His daughter's spending habits are pretty modest, according to accurate reports.

$56 million in addition to other "numerous trusts and entities" would be way more than enough to 'retire to live a lifestyle she has become accustomed to and future she envisions for her children and grandchildren' if she eliminates her various managers.

We all know when her kids turn 18 she's going to move back permanently to lower cost of living Louisiana where she would worry even less about retiring 'to live a lifestyle she has become accustomed to.'

Yet, according to the NYTimes, she has the sole capacity to make a change in her conservator-ship status and thus actually fight and win back legal, physical custody of her kids (and pay less child support) but chooses not to.

The bottom line is that if she is to keep putting herself out there to perform/remain in public eye, then her choreography/stylists/makeup etc... should be top notch.  I doubt anybody would care whether she is 'chained to Vegas' if she did those things.  If she doesn't want to but remains in the public eye there wouldn't be much wrong with people ridiculing her for those things.  (She was pretty great for the first half of 2016, okay/average for the rest and much worse last/this year.)

i wonder what she needs all this money for when she retires and has nothing to do bc she decided to run her career to the ground. if she has other dreams/goals great and good for her; but if not: what's the point of all that money when you're bored and miserable :bpo: there is only so much vacation you can do until it gets boring af. or maybe i just don't get it lol.

30 minutes ago, .... said:

i wonder what she needs all this money for when she retires and has nothing to do bc she decided to run her career to the ground. if she has other dreams/goals great and good for her; but if not: what's the point of all that money when you're bored and miserable :bpo: there is only so much vacation you can do until it gets boring af. or maybe i just don't get it lol.

50 cent had his own companies, music sales, alcohol sales, movies sales and he had to declare bankruptcy. 

Lisa Marie recently went through all her money. 

It can happen. 

Ppl on here say Britney could live on her perfumes but we don’t know her spending to earning. If she makes 50 million every year but spend 45...that’s a problem. 

I think now she is probably in a great place because of the cship but she also is paying out more money as well. 

32 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

50 cent had his own companies, music sales, alcohol sales, movies sales and he had to declare bankruptcy. 

It can happen. 

Ppl on here say Britney could live on her perfumes but we don’t know her spending to earning. If she makes 50 million every year but spend 45...that’s a problem. 

I think now she is probably in a great place because of the cship but she also is paying out more money as well. 

only rich people i swear :bedtime: 'normal' ppl manage their little salary while working their ***** off in boring jobs but richs can't? the entitlement is real. i guess u can call it karma once they have to declare bankruptcy lmao :snarky:

3 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

It can happen. 

Well because of her conservatorship, her spending is actually documented every year and it is very modest.  Obviously, as you pointed out she still has to pay more due to various managers, doctors and lawyers managing her money.

However, if she retires and moves back to Louisiana she would have far less expenses and less to pay out while still earning several millions of dollars a year from perfume royalties.

She likes the residency for what it is.

Something to do with her career while still being able to enjoy her personal life.

It doesn't require her to travel around the world and take anything out of her life. It's the least amount of stress for her.

It's successful for her because she gets paid alot, and alot of people want to see her. But it's hindering her fans that want her to come to them and to Branch out and do an era with an album and promo 

44 minutes ago, indyRS said:

She likes the residency for what it is.

Something to do with her career while still being able to enjoy her personal life.

It doesn't require her to travel around the world and take anything out of her life. It's the least amount of stress for her.

It's successful for her because she gets paid alot, and alot of people want to see her. But it's hindering her fans that want her to come to them and to Branch out and do an era with an album and promo 

That's why she did tours in the summer 

She did promo for Glory

14 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

That's why she did tours in the summer 

She did promo for Glory

No she didn't:gerlwat: Glory is a two year old album, do you believe people still buy it on iTunes and local music markets? If nothing there are a few thousand streams coming from exhale fans themselves. Glory era is over, we are the only ones who hear Change your mind and make me on Spotify (once in a while)

19 hours ago, zxcvb said:

His daughter's spending habits are pretty modest, according to accurate reports.

$56 million in addition to other "numerous trusts and entities" would be way more than enough to 'retire to live a lifestyle she has become accustomed to and future she envisions for her children and grandchildren' if she eliminates her various managers.

We all know when her kids turn 18 she's going to move back permanently to lower cost of living Louisiana where she would worry even less about retiring 'to live a lifestyle she has become accustomed to.'

Yet, according to the NYTimes, she has the sole capacity to make a change in her conservator-ship status and thus actually fight and win back legal, physical custody of her kids (and pay less child support) but chooses not to.

The bottom line is that if she is to keep putting herself out there to perform/remain in public eye, then her choreography/stylists/makeup etc... should be top notch.  I doubt anybody would care whether she is 'chained to Vegas' if she did those things.  If she doesn't want to but remains in the public eye there wouldn't be much wrong with people ridiculing her for those things.  (She was pretty great for the first half of 2016, okay/average for the rest and much worse last/this year.)

Well it seems domination is going to be top notch but what your saying seems very simplistic. I agree she can take a certain degree of accountability and backlash but not for everything. 

Britneys success has always been routed in her collaboration of others and her interpretation of that. 

You assume massive named choreographers , stylists all want to work with her. Since 2007 this isn’t the case and seeing as she funded part of Pom ww tour  herself and was her own sponsor is telling. 

Many brands aren’t new interested in her and fans are expecting 90s Britney not Britney now.

2 hours ago, Betty1994 said:

Well it seems domination is going to be top notch but what your saying seems very simplistic. I agree she can take a certain degree of accountability and backlash but not for everything. 

Britneys success has always been routed in her collaboration of others and her interpretation of that. 

You assume massive named choreographers , stylists all want to work with her. Since 2007 this isn’t the case and seeing as she funded part of Pom ww tour  herself and was her own sponsor is telling. 

Many brands aren’t new interested in her and fans are expecting 90s Britney not Britney now.

Well if she were interested in putting in a lot of effort plenty of great choreographers/stylists would want to work with her. 

It's understandable that she wouldn't put the same kind effort she had in her youth, but if she insists on remaining in the public eye, it has to be part of her job.

Well, she definitely does not need any new endorsements with her extremely successful perfume brand being more than enough. 

What she needs is to do are quality performances for her fans/audience.  It's her own show.

6 hours ago, zxcvb said:

Well if she were interested in putting in a lot of effort plenty of great choreographers/stylists would want to work with her. 

It's understandable that she wouldn't put the same kind effort she had in her youth, but if she insists on remaining in the public eye, it has to be part of her job.

Well, she definitely does not need any new endorsements with her extremely successful perfume brand being more than enough. 

What she needs is to do are quality performances for her fans/audience.  It's her own show.

She maybe putting in effort , but once again you are expecting prime Britney and above. 

She was working from midnight till 6 at her prime and didnt write her own music or sing live. It’s unrealistic to expect her to want that sort of schedule or her to be better with less time available. 

Archived