Do you think Britney wants this second residency?

Cigarettes&Cologne

The announcement gave me the sense that she’s not very excited about this... what do y’all think? I wonder if she is just settling for it because it gave her stability before and it’s a lot of easy money, but she would prefer to do some other project. Don’t think she cares to release a new album and do promo. But maybe something like teaching classes again for kids for a while.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she is happy to perform a show in the same area and not have to travel. I also think she is happy to milk her career for as long as possible. She knows that if she takes a break now and comes back in her 40ies she cant keep doing the same *** kitten thing. So instead of re inventing herself she is milking her old shtick until the public is sick of her and it doesnt work. then she will retire with her reputation ruined.

Honestly, if she wants to do another project she could EASILY do it. The reason other artists do Vegas like Jlo or GaGa is because it's a fun way to perform a couple days a week every other month while doing other projects like albums, movies, or whatever it is they want to do. It's literally such an easy job, I can't even believe how easy her schedule is when she's only doing Vegas. She performs like 2-3 times a week for like 2 months and then is off for another 2-3 months doing NOTHING at all. Even in the months she is performing, it's like 10 shows in a month. The show is only 90 minutes so she has pretty much her entire day off too... AKA I think she has all the time in the world to do other projects as well.

I realize this post sounds like I'm being rude af to the OP LOL I don't mean it like that- just saying that I think Britney has it really easy and I wish she would take advantage of her easy career and schedule

47 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I think she is happy to perform a show in the same area and not have to travel. I also think she is happy to milk her career for as long as possible. She knows that if she takes a break now and comes back in her 40ies she cant keep doing the same *** kitten thing. So instead of re inventing herself she is milking her old shtick until the public is sick of her and it doesnt work. then she will retire with her reputation ruined.

Sad but true.

50 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

Britney can't take breaks anymore because of her age and I'm sure she likes the idea of performing 3 times a week in one place with vacations in between legs. It's the best thing for her and she knows it.

This

1 hour ago, The Greatest Show said:

That’s depressing lol :grimace:

the only evidence we have where it shows that is involved and excited for the residency are the recent insta posts.. from one hand she is never been this involved in choreography and getting along with the dancers in like decades! :wow:

On the other hand though from the "announcement"  it shows that she couldnt care less when something like this (imagine a megamix performance)  

would have been ideal for an announcement and way more promising than POM :schoolingtime:

Just now, really really cool guy said:

Britney can't take breaks anymore because of her age and I'm sure she likes the idea of performing 3 times a week in one place with vacations in between legs. It's the best thing for her and she knows it.

the same could be said about her during her prime. her handlers worked her nonstop back then bc a popstar usually has a shelf life that runs out. so i highly doubt that is the problem.

18 minutes ago, Marlean said:

NO! But I think she might need the cash that is involved. I think her team has convinced her to do a number of things that she needs to do in order to get enough funds to eventually retire. 

We know from the court papers Andrew Wallet filed that by November 2013 she was already close to being able to retire and maintain her current lifestyle without having to work another day in her life.

https://pagesix.com/2018/10/19/britney-spears-co-conservator-wants-a-raise/

That was five years ago. She's performed POM continuously since then.

I don't think she needs any additional money at this point, and can already retire...But I'm sure her Team probably does have her convinced that she still needs to keep working. 

Archived