Exhale Reacts: Britney's Big Announcement Is Her New Las Vegas Residency

Jordan Miller

1 hour ago, BritneyJeanSpearsOfficial said:

Yo, doesn't this girl gets tired of Vegas? :heresthetea:

I mean I know the money is "good" (I'm sorry but $500k a night is not good enough for a legend) but wouldn't feel better making 2x maybe 3x more making albums and going on tour?:mhmsureny: As I recalled, during The Circus Tour didn't you get like $1.5 million per night??:thinkney: Much more than the so claim of $500k per night. Also that tour got close or more money than POM did and it took like 9 months too.

Whatever I'm still here, you know we love Britney, Ima be on this Stan train till I die, matter of fact ***** I'm gonna conduct the train myself. Have fun in Vegas with that $500k, go off sis I guess. :kiss: 

You are talking about two separate things. Grosses and her nightly pay per show. She did not get PAID 500K a show for Circus Tour. GROSSES were 1-2 mill a show, just like her recent Asian and European tour per-show grosses. Britney will be the highest paid act in Las Vegas with this new contract and how many other artists get PAID 500K each day for one show? 

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m sure I read somewhere that her dad gets 1.5% if all the Vegas shows. 

I get why Britney / her team want her in Vegas as it suits her life. I just really hope she ups her game and starts performing like the super star she is. 

Its def going to be a hits show of some sort (though I’m really hoping new choreography / outfits!!) and she makes the effort!! It’s not just hardcore britney fans who go see her in Vegas. So many of my friends (who aren’t particularly Britney fans) went to see her in Vegas when on holiday in Vegas as she’s a nostalgia act, a night out and she’s Britney Spears!!! 

I mean I get why everyone is so upset but i honestly don’t mind another residency as long as it’s fresh and reignites Britney’s passion to perform.

the reason why piece of me tour was trash was because she was bored already. A new show will bring some excitement but it will take her some time to get the choreo right again.

granted everyone checked Britney off as a one hit wonder with minimal talent it’s great to see that she can make 500k per show vs those doing the joint mix tape tours with 98 degrees and whatever 90s pop act. 

I think Britney’s legacy with the general public is pretty much ruined already. Most people think she’s untalented and crazy. I don’t think she feels any need to change their perception. As long as the fans keep coming to her shows, I think she’s ok with that. 

Shes made such a huge impact in only 4 years as primeney a majority of her career now has always been a big puzzle. It’s like can she perform, can she dance, will she look good. That’s not how a superstar is supposed to be. She hasn’t delivered consistently in a really long time.

this is her hobby and she has no need to become the biggest most successful girl on the planet. As long as the checks come in, she’s cool I guess.

britney, I’ll see you in Vegas again. I might have to wait a few months from the start just to make sure you have the show down.

9 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Name me a celeb who looks the same outside of their Photoshop pics

I'm waiting

Um Rihanna, Beyoncè, Jennifer  heck even Christina. 

Britney doesn't care about the way she looks and to be quite fair neither do I but to sit here and lie is just :britstare11:

3 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Will some of you shut the hell up and go be a fan of someone else if Britney not doing it for you

Britney will do Britney

I'm not a stan of anybody. I like being able to think about what I like and don't like about any celebrity I like. If a movie or tv show starring somebody I like is shitty, can't I say that? Can't I say I don't like a song or an album by somebody I like? And it's not always negative. I will be all over myself if somebody puts something out tv, show, movie, song, album and I love it to pieces. I NEVER want to be so hooked up with anybody that I lose my right to free thought. It'd be like being a robot. "It was f**king awesome! I'm still riding this high off this release." *thinks to self* "LIES. It was utter **** and I know it." 

I'm not attacking Britney with what I say. There's nobody I like that did everything perfectly. Seriously. Nobody. 

26 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

It's not always about the money.

I've lost all interest in her as an entertainer, and it has nothing to do with Vegas.

It's about the way her Team does things.

Everything is cheap. Everything is underwhelming. Everything is just...meh. :wontcry:

Believe it or not it all depends on Britney. She's the one that's not willing to do anything oustanding. She's in her comfort zone making millions and does not want to get out of it. She makes a lot more money than many current popstars doing the bare minimum :whatitellu:

1 minute ago, naturalplayboy said:

I mean I get why everyone is so upset but i honestly don’t mind another residency as long as it’s fresh and reignites Britney’s passion to perform.

the reason why piece of me tour was trash was because she was bored already. A new show will bring some excitement but it will take her some time to get the choreo right again.

granted everyone checked Britney off as a one hit wonder with minimal talent it’s great to see that she can make 500k per show vs those doing the joint mix tape tours with 98 degrees and whatever 90s pop act. 

I think Britney’s legacy with the general public is pretty much ruined already. Most people think she’s untalented and crazy. I don’t think she feels any need to change their perception. As long as the fans keep coming to her shows, I think she’s ok with that. 

Shes made such a huge impact in only 4 years as primeney a majority of her career now has always been a big puzzle. It’s like can she perform, can she dance, will she look good. That’s not how a superstar is supposed to be. She hasn’t delivered consistently in a really long time.

this is her hobby and she has no need to become the biggest most successful girl on the planet. As long as the checks come in, she’s cool I guess.

britney, I’ll see you in Vegas again. I might have to wait a few months from the start just to make sure you have the show down.

Britney has never been a one hit wonder that's why everyone is so pissed and hanging on to the memories 

1 minute ago, Lauralicious1 said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that her dad gets 1.5% if all the Vegas shows. 

I get why Britney / her team want her in Vegas as it suits her life. I just really hope she ups her game and starts performing like the super star she is. 

Its def going to be a hits show of some sort (though I’m really hoping new choreography / outfits!!) and she makes the effort!! It’s not just hardcore britney fans who go see her in Vegas. So many of my friends (who aren’t particularly Britney fans) went to see her in Vegas when on holiday in Vegas as she’s a nostalgia act, a night out and she’s Britney Spears!!! 

I can't with another hits show but it makes sense if people are going to fly out to see Britney those people are going to want to hear the same songs from her earlier days.

I could see them trying to do a greatest hits show with her later hits from albums 4 through 9 and then mix in some from the 10th album.

I just can't with BOMT, Boys, Do Somethin, Freakshow, WB and so many others she performs over and over again through the years.

11 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Will some of you shut the hell up and go be a fan of someone else if Britney not doing it for you

Britney will do Britney

And that seems perfect to me, Britney is Britney .But you can always improve and evolve in all aspects and what happens is the opposite and I feel sorry for her and for us.

13 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Britney will do Britney

Britney isn't doing Britney hun.

You know damn well she would like to get away and travel how she wants.

Have her sons and not be a slave to K Feds bank account.

Britney hasn't been her self in a decade now, I'm no doctor so I don't diagnose I just get the feeling the real Britney isn't the one that's been in a C Ship.

Her life is so controlled, she has to put up a front when really shes melting down inside and becoming a robot on groundhog day trying to get by.

It's sad.

1 minute ago, Explicit said:

Britney has never been a one hit wonder that's why everyone is so pissed and hanging on to the memories 

That’s true, ugh I guess she’s just over it. 

It kinda sucks because not only is she a bad performer now, her personality or what we know of it” is kind of a mystery. I get she wants to keep some parts private but we don’t even know her anymore.

shes just done but I will still support and get my *** to Vegas. It kinda sucks but we have to live with it.

because as cappycorn likes to say as long as britney likes it.

6 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

Believe it or not it all depends on Britney. She's the one that's not willing to do anything oustanding. She's in her comfort zone making millions and does not want to get out of it. She makes a lot more money than many current popstars doing the bare minimum :whatitellu:

I don't believe that's true.

I feel like she's in the same spot that Beyonce was before she fired her father as her manager. Or the same spot that JLo was when she took a tumble at the AMA's.

Britney is in a creative rut, and a large part of that has to do with the people she surrounds herself with. 

The sad part is that she couldn't fire them, even if she wanted to. And I think that is the majority of the problem.

3 hours ago, Explicit said:

I kinda get why that poster worded it that way. I like one hit wonders. My favorite artist is considered a one hit wonder and it sorta bugs me how everything else was scoffed at, **** on, nothing else was worth talking about, everything goes back to that one hit. Nothing else matters but that one hit. Britney's not a one hit wonder but it's still a throwback like what a one hit wonder would experience imo. "lulz, remember that one hot song you had?" "lulz, remember those few years you were on top of the world?" And now there's nothing but flopping like there's no tomorrow. The one hit wonder will still try to get another hit. Britney's case is f**king strange to me. She hates talking about the past/remembering the past while embracing her 'greatest hits' legacy. 

Eh, I hope I worded that correctly.

2 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I feel like she's in the same spot that Beyonce was before she fired her father as her manager. Or the same spot that JLo was when she took a tumble at the AMA's.

Britney is in a creative rut, and a large part of that has to do with the people she surrounds herself with. 

The sad part is that she couldn't fire them, even if she wanted to. And I think that is the majority of the problem.

I think she is just straight up lazy and greedy now. 

If she fired everyone I think she would do nothing. Which is what she should do. 

IF she isnt gonna try retire. 

1 minute ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I wish this was true but I really believe she’d rather hide away in Hawaii and do something else.

i don’t think she has the drive and passion that beyonce and Jlo have. Those women love the fame and accolades. Britney just wants to dance in her room and probably paint.

As shitty as it is and i have like zero interest in going to her new show it's easy for us to say "She should just retire if she's not gonna give it her all!" and things like that but I wonder how many of us would be able to pass up millions of dollars for doing no work. And if she doesn't care about her legacy and has decided to just keep pulling in money until nobody wants to pay anymore it really seems like a no-lose situation for her. She gets to keep making millions, stay in one spot, doesn't have to make an effort or put on a great show, and if her legacy is ruined I doubt she cares. Nobody should really be shocked or dissapointed anymore with anything she does and if you don't like it just stop giving her your money and support and move on. There are plenty of other artists out there.

Archived