Exhale Reacts: Britney's Big Announcement Is Her New Las Vegas Residency

Jordan Miller

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't think it registers at all :idkney:. If the show kept selling for 4 years, and she even toured twice with high sales, they don't have any reason to care about what exhalers are commenting on a pop forum or what people is writing on social media.

I mean, if they really cared about the quality of the experience they're giving, they would try to find some kind of feedback to know how can they get better, but that's clearly not their goal.

I think the only way they would turn their heads to pay attention to what social media thinks of Britney or her show, would be the moment her sales (ticket sales) start to decrease. Everyone and their mama could be writing the worst reviews of the show, but as long as it keeps selling, there's no reason to stop or change anything. So when some people in here keep telling that as long as there are fans (like me :yesokay:) that support everything that she does, she won't change anything, they actually have a point, but hey, I can't help it :raven: 

Of course she will have demand if she hasn’t performed in Europe since 2011 and never toured in Asia at all (except for Japan when she toured with DWAD back in 2002) but if you see the POM boxscores in Vegas you will see that some legs had a lot of unsold tickets with a range of 600-1000ish tickets unsold per show in a 4500 seats capacity theater. Those unsold tickets give a 85 or less percent of attendance per show.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

Of course she will have demand if she hasn’t performed in Europe since 2011 and never toured in Asia at all (except for Japan when she toured with DWAD back in 2002) but if you see the POM boxscores in Vegas you will see that some legs had a lot of unsold tickets with a range of 600-1000ish tickets unsold per show.

She performed in Europe this year

55 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

Britney really is in weird place of her own within pop culture. You’re right, she seems to avoid talking and reflecting about her Primeney days, but her POM residency has been centered on her legacy from that period. 

Because Britney has been around for 20 years, she can feel like a nostalgia act, but she’s really too young at 36 to be considered one. But she’s also not exactly as relevant with the current generation of youths in the way Shawn Mendes and T Swift are. It’s really odd. She’s not exactly a has been, as we’ve seen how much interest she can still generate with the public and all. Britney seems to be in a place of her own really...it’s fascinating really.:raven:

It doesn’t matter if she’s 36 or she’s 64 if she’s relying in her old hits and her prime era to sell that makes her a nostalgia act. People that are not stans or “casual” fans will go the show because they want to see her perform BOMT, OIDIA, Toxic, etc., not because of her new music. You need to accept that a lot of people go to the show just because they were in Vegas and found out last minute that she was performing that night.

It’s a fact that in the music scene, Britney is not relevant anymore. She’s not setting trends like she did with ITZ, BO and even FF. She does have a huge legacy (which she’s tarnishing with her career decisions) but that doesn’t outshines the fact that she faded to the background when it comes to music. She may have great songs like she did on Glory but they are not memorable (and I won’t even get BJ into this). Not on the charts, not on the radio and not in the GP’s minds. People are not checking Britney for her new music but for the old hits. Just check the songs’ streams on Spotify and you’ll see what I’m trying to tell you.

3 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

basic dance routines and she lipsynches  too

The nerve to say basic dance routines when Britney goes through the show knee taping, **** exploding and butt touching 3 times per second. I have to laugh. If Beyoncé has basic routines, as you said, at least she does them with energy. Britney can’t relate, Caprisun.

5 hours ago, naturalplayboy said:

I wish this was true but I really believe she’d rather hide away in Hawaii and do something else.

i don’t think she has the drive and passion that beyonce and Jlo have. Those women love the fame and accolades. Britney just wants to dance in her room and probably paint.

I don’t think that it’s about loving the fame and accolades. I think it goes towards the fact to out-do themselves and I don’t see nothing wrong with that.

2 hours ago, crazyboutbrit said:

Have you checked IG stories of some of POM dancer (Thepchu and Jaefuesz)? All together and rehearsing .... Do you think it's a performance along with tomorrow's announcement for the new residency? 

:airpls:

I think they're rehearsing for the Grand Prix tbh 

7 hours ago, naturalplayboy said:

I wish this was true but I really believe she’d rather hide away in Hawaii and do something else.

i don’t think she has the drive and passion that beyonce and Jlo have. Those women love the fame and accolades. Britney just wants to dance in her room and probably paint.

Agree!!

6 hours ago, (You Drive Chris) Crazy said:

What more do y’all f**king want? She’s recording a new album and creating a brand new show. You all asked for her to travel and tour and she DID. She has the perfect balance now between pop star and mother. She f**king worked 24/7 for 12 years and they pushed her so hard she spiraled into the darkest hole possible. She worked hard on Glory and put her all into that record and she’s slowly building the confidence back that she had before the breakdown. Like give her some damn credit. I don’t understand this fan base. Gaga is only 10 years into her career and she’s choosing to do Vegas now (because britney changed that landscape) and her fans aren’t having a f**king meltdown. And britney isn’t stuck in one city anymore. Vegas allows her to be flexible and tour when she wants to. Just give the girl a f**king chance now that she’s giving us something new again. 

:whatitellu:

3 hours ago, Sil said:

I hope no one shows up (wich is not happening oc...).

She can retire and stop playing us. I would never say that Britney Spears would end up like this.

How is she playing you, b$tch? She owes you nothing :queenflopga: 

If she wants to stay in Vegas for the rest of her life, let her be! It's her life, not yours. :demi:

OK, let's talk about what songs wed like to see and themes and stuff. I'd love to see my prerogative ( high chance because perfume), overprotected, private show ( in the style of slave POM), HIAM. Be cool if she left the pony tail in 2018, love floor choreo & more stage gadgdets and some cool back drop vids

Archived