Britney's most underrated single (song + music video)

Freakshow__

6 hours ago, The Bling said:

This thread is literally screaming Someday and nobody dared post it yet:nynod:

Repent

It needed just a bit more polish and I can't really watch this without being angry at Britney for getting herself pregnant by the loser K-Fed. I'm glad she got her babies out of it, but this was the beginning of the end of her.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Britney fan MP was dope, as a music fan it didn't capture the same energy that Bobby Browns had, it was never gonna be a hit in the US.

Overprotected had all the potential, but blacklisted by radio and Britney never promoted it in the US.

Sometimes was a non fan fave that gave Britney more recognition from people who werent into BOMT, I wouldnt consider it underrated.

Ive Just Begun should have been the single instead of Do Somethin, it was radio friendly and used in commercials and movies.

If Everytime wasnt a true hit, why would Someday be one?

14 hours ago, King Daniel said:

Oh sweet lord jesus, make me is ok, solid 5/10, but it really wasnt the first single material, its just a good filler song, its Was never going to be huge 

Lol your opinion is not a fact. Make me... really is a great song and sonically not a typical Britney song. Most people here hate it because of the video drama

4 hours ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

Funny thing is, all these songs are from 2004/5, when America started to turn against her. But in my opinion they should be considered as Britney classics, but it will never happen unfortunately.

Someday ~ Everytime: classic self-written Britney ballad

My Prerogative ~ early version of Piece of Me

Do Somethin' ~ Primeney version of WB

I think it's because they weren't in any studio album. Had My Prerogative been in ITZ it would've been huge, I think. I can't see Do Somethin' being huge though.

Same thing with 3. I'd say it's underrated too. Somehow was a #1, but has less views on youtube than If You Seek Amy, Slumber Party, Circus, Criminal. Plus she looked gorgeous. And people don't often mention it. I don't think it's the best, but it was a great pop song.

On 9/3/2018 at 2:46 AM, Million Billion said:

All of the songs above are generally well praised but this one is either UNKOWN for most of the GP and HATED by many fans who wanted another track as a single 4 off Femme Fatale.

The song is great, it's really catchy without falling into the repetitive verses used in the FF album. It sounded different from what Britney had done before, the harmonica intro is everything, I loved it since I first listen, the theme was deeper than the rest of the singles and tracks from that album which basically were about "having fun". I didn't vote for Criminal to be the 4th single but I still loved the choice, there were justa few tracks I would have disliked to be singles because that album was full of potential tracks. :tiffanynod:

MUSIC VIDEO

Many prefer the Remixed version but I will always love this original version for both the song and MV. There wasn't needed extra changes, it was just HER dancing through the room, the f**king INTRO is everything, it was so clever to use Bombastic Love's instrumental, it gives it a more misterious vibe. No wonder why this is my #1 Britney song but I choose this one for its MV. 

Thought it was a flute, not a harmonica

Archived