Britney's most underrated single (song + music video)

Freakshow__

It went number 1 on Ireland, Finland, Norway and Italy. Top 10 in every big market around the world except France (#18) and USA (#101). 

Despite being a big sucess no one ever mentions My Prerogative. It's like in most people's mind it never happened and that's crazy. It's currently at number 33 on Britney's most watched music videos on Youtube.

I'm here to make justice for My Prerogative

:tysm:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, King Daniel said:

Oh sweet lord jesus, make me is ok, solid 5/10, but it really wasnt the first single material, its just a good filler song, its Was never going to be huge 

I think it had potential but it wasn't an instant hit. Glory has many great songs on it but none of them really stands out. 

15 minutes ago, Freakshow__ said:

It went number 1 on Ireland, Finland, Norway and Italy. Top 10 in every big market around the world except France (#18) and USA (#101). 

Despite being a big sucess no one ever mentions My Prerogative. It's like in most people's mind it never happened and that's crazy. It's currently at number 33 on Britney's most watched music videos on Youtube.

I'm here to make justice for My Prerogative

:tysm:

F**cking love this video. Something about it felt expensive, and not cheesy. Love the party crash on top of the car in the pool. Love the updo with the little whip. Love the **** stroke at the end (3:03). Love that one shot of her crotch when she closes her legs (1:40). Her hair looks fantastic on that couch. And then when she’s walking by the tree, “it’s the way I wanna live.” That dress with the necklace! 

All of the songs above are generally well praised but this one is either UNKOWN for most of the GP and HATED by many fans who wanted another track as a single 4 off Femme Fatale.

The song is great, it's really catchy without falling into the repetitive verses used in the FF album. It sounded different from what Britney had done before, the harmonica intro is everything, I loved it since I first listen, the theme was deeper than the rest of the singles and tracks from that album which basically were about "having fun". I didn't vote for Criminal to be the 4th single but I still loved the choice, there were justa few tracks I would have disliked to be singles because that album was full of potential tracks. :tiffanynod:

MUSIC VIDEO

Many prefer the Remixed version but I will always love this original version for both the song and MV. There wasn't needed extra changes, it was just HER dancing through the room, the f**king INTRO is everything, it was so clever to use Bombastic Love's instrumental, it gives it a more misterious vibe. No wonder why this is my #1 Britney song but I choose this one for its MV. 

I’m going to mention Sometimes single and video. Something about it transports me right back to 1998/99 from the first opening notes! The lyrics are just cheesy and deliciously 90s pop perfection. The video—Innocentney! The skecher shoes. The baggy pants with the short-sleeved turtle neck crop top. That one strand of braid in her hair. The choreography with the heart. TJ! Britney in a virginal white sun dress. Britney in a hoodie and cap. Britney with beach ball wearing shorts and tank. Britney being held by the hunk. Lol! ❤️

1. Definitely Someday. They didn't know/care about her artistry.

tumblr_lwiuahcxT11r3ty02o1_500.gif

2. My Prerogative. It was a decent hit in my country too, I loved it even tho I didn't know a lot about Britney back then. It's a bop:werk: the mv is really cool (and faded) and tasteful

3. Do Somethin'. It's a fun song. It would deserve a place next to Work ***** on the workout playlists. At least, it's on my workout playlist (the 'why don'tcha do somethin'?' is sooo motivational!!)FamousCaringBrownbear-small.gif

Funny thing is, all these songs are from 2004/5, when America started to turn against her. But in my opinion they should be considered as Britney classics, but it will never happen unfortunately.

Someday ~ Everytime: classic self-written Britney ballad

My Prerogative ~ early version of Piece of Me

Do Somethin' ~ Primeney version of WB

Archived