So I was out with my 19 year old work colleague and had to explain who Christina Aguilera was…

36 minutes ago, Blackout Britney said:

The way we were born in an iconic music era.. gen Z’s will never get IT.  They’ve never experienced music eras. Album roll outs, hype, the drought imbetween. Pop girls fighting for #1. Music video debut on TRL or MTV :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad: we really lived through it. They have no clue omg 

I am so proud to see the Y2K aesthetics became a thing among the young generation even tho it’s not a long time ago. It’s so nostalgic and wholesome. Not just in music and pop culture. I’m so glad to see young people are still taking Polaroids and even Super8 videos. It’s like how we worshipped the 80s aesthetic when we were young. The 90s and 2000s aesthetics lives on. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: I’m so happy to be a 90s baby. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1

Even tho Xtina is not my favorite and her impact is not as great as Britney’s. She’s still an icon of OUR generation. And what a voice she has. Also unlike Britney, Xtina’s game is still going strong(well relatively:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:) She’s one of the last Y2K icons that are still active. We need to respect her. 

• Love 2

Technology affected their brain. It even affected mine i think. And tik toks 5sec videos can't educate no1. I am so happy i had no youtube or internet when i was a kid. I had time to play real games with real people and learnt how to built social skills..we only had internet in high school. Gen z and kids today has too many things to entertain them without any social connection. What's why some of them seem so distant. But also parents become different. Just like Britney said kids are worshipped now doing whatever they want. And they need to be taught boundaries and structure and respect.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
On 2/24/2024 at 11:05 AM, HearMeOnYourRadio said:

Isn’t it like Debbie Gibson to millennials? Not all of them are that familiar with her, but all of gen x remembers. 

I know who Debbie Gibson is and I'm a millennial.

But then again I am obsessed with 80s music.

I love her songs especially "Lost In Your Eyes".

which was her last 1# hit.

• Love 3

She is probably more known than Britney in my country because she came last year as one of the big beans ñ names in a televised music festival, she was even the most searched female artist here last year... Probably because no oneb young knew her prior to her performance anyways :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

• Love 1

makes sense. she was never even that big in her peak. she was literally just a Britney copycat. and she never managed to make it on her own personality. shes the definition of mid. everything she has ever done is just mid. 

Edited by Kevney
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, Kevney said:

makes sense. she was never even that big in her peak. she was literally just a Britney copycat. and she never managed to make it on her own personality. shes the definition of mid. everything she has ever done is just mid. 

I’m pretty sure many including a dozen other famous singers would argue, that Stripped was anything but mid. She was basically the hugest pop star during that period, granted while Britney was on a break. And a Britney copycat?. How are the stripped and back to basics albums and aesthetics remotely close to anything Britney has ever released. It’s a shame you guys have such a hard time getting past a 20+ year feud that never really existed in the first place,  that your allowing it to cloud your opinion of her. 

Edited by Danishfan
  • Like 2

Oh my, y’all! The interactions here are so strong. I posted this a lil jokerino tbh! It did happen but I thought it would flop hard. This is my Mind Ya Business thread for sure :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

To add further opinion. Christina truly was great / unique in her Stripped & B2B eras. They don’t really resemble Britney’s at all. Except for Dirtty… we know where that came from. I’d still assume the whole world, EVEN THE CHILDREN would know about her though so I was shook. 

We can all agree she looks close to perfect and is out there performing still so her fans are very lucky that she still wants in this!

..But I’m just saying, my colleague knew who Britney was :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block