So I was out with my 19 year old work colleague and had to explain who Christina Aguilera was…

15 hours ago, brymo said:

A lot of my students don't even know who Britney Spears is at this point, and I'm concerned about the future.

This is true. I talked to a sophomore in high school yesterday who could only name Toxic as a good song and didn't know she had other songs. I prompted him with Baby, Oops, Slave, and Womanizer and out of that he only knew of Oops. I asked if he ever saw her Mtv performances and he said no and when I said not even when she's performing with the snake and he said no he's never heard about it and then he was surprised she performed more than once at the vmas.

Our future is indeed in jeopardy.

It really feels old, I remember my mom trying to impress my with Michael Jackson or tell me who Madonna was and they still had hits when I was a kid but I brag about Britney or Xtina anyday and tell them they are better, but not history repeats as I show Brit to younger people who are not totally impress but stan new artisrs now like Sabrina Carpenter etc and say they are better.

On 2/26/2024 at 12:36 PM, femmef4toole said:

Oh my, y’all! The interactions here are so strong. I posted this a lil jokerino tbh! It did happen but I thought it would flop hard. This is my Mind Ya Business thread for sure :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

To add further opinion. Christina truly was great / unique in her Stripped & B2B eras. They don’t really resemble Britney’s at all. Except for Dirtty… we know where that came from. I’d still assume the whole world, EVEN THE CHILDREN would know about her though so I was shook. 

We can all agree she looks close to perfect and is out there performing still so her fans are very lucky that she still wants in this!

..But I’m just saying, my colleague knew who Britney was :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I think a lot of the new generation know who britney is...and it isn't for good reasons :(

On 2/24/2024 at 11:06 PM, Doja Kitten said:

I am so proud to see the Y2K aesthetics became a thing among the young generation even tho it’s not a long time ago. It’s so nostalgic and wholesome. Not just in music and pop culture. I’m so glad to see young people are still taking Polaroids and even Super8 videos. It’s like how we worshipped the 80s aesthetic when we were young. The 90s and 2000s aesthetics lives on. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: I’m so happy to be a 90s baby. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

And they weren't even born when early strongest y2k happened :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: it's not the same like when millennials use y2k clothes being nostalgic, we were there. Gen z doing it is just following the trends. :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Edited by Fita
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block