So I was out with my 19 year old work colleague and had to explain who Christina Aguilera was…

46 minutes ago, HearMeOnYourRadio said:

Isn’t it like Debbie Gibson to millennials? Not all of them are that familiar with her, but all of gen x remembers. 

Not the same at all. Debbie Gibson’s last hit was 34 years ago. Millennials born in 1990 (date of her last hit) would have no clue who she is. A 19 year old not knowing who Christina Aguilera is is a du***** tbh or someone who lives under a rock. That person was born in 2004 or 2005. I was 7 when Britney debuted. So this person was 7 when Christina had Moves Like Jagger and was still being played on the radio. This new generation is so weird given they have technology at their disposal yet don’t know anything. And there’s another user here who had to explain what Shrek was to another Gen Z? An absurdity. The last film came out a decade ago and even kids any age watch animation films regardless of the year they’re released 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Not the same at all. Debbie Gibson’s last hit was 34 years ago. Millennials born in 1990 (date of her last hit) would have no clue who she is. A 19 year old not knowing who Christina Aguilera is is a du***** tbh or someone who lives under a rock. That person was born in 2004 or 2005. I was 7 when Britney debuted. So this person was 7 when Christina had Moves Like Jagger and was still being played on the radio. This new generation is so weird given they have technology at their disposal yet don’t know anything. And there’s another user here who had to explain what Shrek was to another Gen Z? An absurdity. The last film came out a decade ago and even kids any age watch animation films regardless of the year they’re released 

Okay then let’s say vitamin c or jojo. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, Blackout Britney said:

The way we were born in an iconic music era.. gen Z’s will never get IT.  They’ve never experienced music eras. Album roll outs, hype, the drought imbetween. Pop girls fighting for #1. Music video debut on TRL or MTV :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad: we really lived through it. They have no clue omg 

yall r so lucky 💔 all I can think when watching my fav janet and britney performances is wow imagine seeing this in real time :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block