Listen to Britney Spears' cover of Whitney Houston's "I Have Nothing" (Full Demo)

With all due respect Britney’s voice did sound old for her age I see why they want her to sound younger. He voice lacked trendy flair to it if that makes sense. It really stand out on its own it’s just a strong singing voice but it doesn’t sound good on a pop song without some modifications 

Edited by Oprah Winfrey.
  • Love 3
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, Wendy Williams said:

It's fake. Sorry. There is a HUGE difference between this and this video:

Britney knows well the lyrics, and the OP's video sounds like someone else pretending to be Britney who doesn't even know the lyrics :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

Did she not re-record it? Maybe the version that has been on YouTube for years is a re-recording and the one that leaked today is the raw version? Why were demo songs that leaked from this cassette tape reworked in the final version?

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, GregReid said:

I’m wondering if it’s pitched slightly differently too? I can’t tell!

I trust the version from Marissa Selena. It seems she bought the cassette from Mercari and posted it. 

WWW.MERCARI.COM

Mercari is your marketplace. It's the perfect place to declutter and discover items that are uniquely you. Say 'goodbye' to your old go-tos and 'hello' to one-of-a-kind treasures.

No one noticed that omg.

Edited by CJMCH
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, jokobish said:

This sounds strikingly different from the other low quality leaks… even in the low quality you could tell that was Britney singing… this….? No. Definitely enhanced someway.

Yes, the girl who posted the full LQ rip just told me she sent vault the audio and he enhanced it. 

It's on the comments from her YouTube video

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Wendy Williams said:

It's fake. Sorry. There is a HUGE difference between this and this video

1 hour ago, BraveBritney said:

It actually sounds fake but is it actually? Something sounds super off about this 

1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

Her voice sounds much different than the first one that leaked years ago

57 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

whatever is the truth, there IS a difference between the two clips

44 minutes ago, Gutterguppy said:

I listened to both and this recent one sounds like it could be her. But why pitch it down so much

It took a bunch of editing but I can safely confirm that this is not only the same track user stoked2toke originally posted on that clip but also that this is roughly the same pitch the original master recording had and that their version was the one that was pitched up

To put it simply, tape is not digital, both speed and tone can hugely differ depending on not only what player you use to play back a tape but also the condition of both said player and the tape itself

In stoked's case their equipment pitched up the tracks as corroborated by their rip of Love the Hurt Away which was slightly pitched up compared to the master file producers Full Force first posted on their site

With that in my mind, I added and then subtracted the exact semitones from said rip to this one and the 'original' pitch was actually at least a semitone lower than what we have now and since that didn't sound right, I'm pretty sure what we have now is the real deal

There's also a lot more that goes into preserving analog recordings like wow and flutter but needless to say the Clear Tech player used to rip the tape, while not ideal, it's still better than what stoked used for his original rip

Edited by PlayboyMommy
  • Love 1
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, PlayboyMommy said:

It took a bunch of editing but I can safely confirm that this is not only the same track user stoked2toke originally posted on that clip but also that this is roughly the same pitch the original master recording had and that their version was the one that was pitched up

To put it simply, tape is not digital, both speed and tone can hugely differ depending on not only what player you use to play back a tape but also the condition of both said player and the tape itself

In stoked's case their equipment pitched up the tracks as corroborated by their rip of Love the Hurt Away which was slightly pitched up compared to the master file producers Full Force first posted on their site

With that in my mind, I added and then subtracted the exact semitones from said rip to this one and the 'original' pitch was actually at least a semitone lower than what we have now and since that didn't sound right, I'm pretty sure what we have now is the real deal

There's also a lot more that goes into preserving analog recordings like wow and flutter but needless to say the Clear Tech player used to rip the tape, while not ideal, it's still better than what stoked used for his original rip

thanks for explaining this!

• Super Mods
37 minutes ago, PlayboyMommy said:

So this is how she actually sounded when she sang the song?

The original was pitched up?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Wendy Williams said:

It's fake. Sorry. There is a HUGE difference between this and this video:

Britney knows well the lyrics, and the OP's video sounds like someone else pretending to be Britney who doesn't even know the lyrics :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

It's clearly the same recording, except this new one is pitched down. All of her vocal nuances and ad-libs are the same. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, monalisaney81 said:

Sweetie Britneys Vault has been very reliable in leaking everything from never before seen rehearsal footage, photoshoots and songs. What makes you think they are going to be leaking a fake demo of Britney? For what reason? I’m way more inclined to believe someone who has given us ton of material in the past over someone roleplaying as Wendy Williams on a forum that just says its fake as a fact bc they say so.

That being said, the demo sounds low quality and like it was run through some software to make it better quality. It does not sound bad, but definitely not great. However the potential was always there, her voice just was never nurtured properly. 

From what I understand, Britney's Vault didn't actually leak this. It was sent to Britney's Vault to help restore the audio quality from the person who posted it on YouTube.

It is strange because the recording does sound very different from the snippet. I know pitch and quality can change the way it sounds, but even her vocal delivery sounds different in the snippet we already had.

Edit: I just listened to the version on YouTube which sounds way more like Britney than the one Britney's Vault posted on Vimeo despite seemingly being the same recording. Confusing :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

Edited by BlackoutITZ
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, PlayboyMommy said:

Thank you for explaining this and thank you for editing the file to the best of your ability :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 1

Still don't understand why BritneysVault's version sounds so strange

Edit, cause I forgot to praise this lady for not vaulting this grail leak: This lady is the goat. Hope other leakers follow in her footsteps :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

Edited by Circuit
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block