Best / Worst Albums of 2022

21 minutes ago, fays1 said:

Yes I hate how much time Caroline takes to release music, she has been my favorite for a long time, but we need more material from her.

Now by Shania was okay, and im sure her new album isnt going to be that good, but I just love her and want anything new from Shania. Here is her new single:

I've listened to Waking Up Dreaming, and it's cute, but that's about it. The vibe reminds me of Life's About to Get Good, You Can't Buy Love, etc. :elton:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

Wait, I have one of her songs on my playlist :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: I shall listen

The way I have such a long list of artist and albums to listen to and somehow never get the time :joanne_gaga_pink_hat_cowgirl_stare_leave:

Caroline has also been featured on some Charli XCX songs: Tears from Pop 2 and New Shapes from Crash. Don't remember if you listen to Charli or not, so this might not mean anything to you. :selena_red_carpet_gomez_um_stare:

• Haha 1

Best: Dirt Femme (Tove Lo), sl** Pop (Kim Petras), and Crash (Charli XCX)

I was disappointed by Dawn FM (The Weeknd). I didn’t vibe with it as much as I hoped. 

I expected to feel pretty meh about Renaissance (Beyoncé) and Midnights (Taylor Swift) before I listened to them,  and I still felt meh after listening. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Kirill G. said:

Howcome MOTOMAMI by Rosalia is not even mentioned. 
It’s maybe too experimental to be considered POP, but it’s definitely one of the best projects that came out this year! 

I was going through a list of 2022 albums, so it was definitely there. I guess I must've missed it somehow. I keep wanting to listen to it because everyone has been raving about it for months, but I still haven't. A score of 94 on Metacritic based on 17 reviews is actually insane. :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

1 hour ago, i sometimes sing live said:

It's there - you missed it. :typing_keyboard_computer: Happy to see other Sevdaliza enjoyers on Exhale. :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson: I guess Serpentina might actually be worth listening to, though I've seen a lot of comments from underwhelmed fans. :elton:

Oh no! I love my dark twisted pop bxthes.

Sevdaliza is my go to when I'm feeling a bit freaky if u get me 😈

I've rocked a few worlds listening to 'Haunted' :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Gemini Rights sounds intriguing - might actually give it a spin or two. :typing_keyboard_computer: Drake and Chris Brown can choke, though. :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

I find Gemini Rights as alternative r&b so I need to be in a certain mood for it. Also, I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed Traumazine. I’m surprised it underperformed considering Megan’s relevancy… yikes :rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip:

• Love 1
3 hours ago, i sometimes sing live said:

@Shadow., was surprised to see Charli as your avatar. Thoughts on Crash and the rest of her discography? :typing_keyboard_computer:

honestly I loved crash, yeah she was in her "pop sellout era" but idc I loved the production on most of the tracks and yuck will probably be in my top 10 tracks for this year, its so damn catchy. admittedly I haven't delved too deep into her albums pre-crash to give a thorough opinion (tbh it was the collab with rina that got me into charli/crash) but they are on the list!

tbh I haven't listened to many full length albums from this year so to answer your thread I'll just mention the ones I really liked:

best - renissance - beyonce, age/s**/location - ari lennox, juno - remi wolf, dawn fm - the weeknd

worst - hold the girl - rina, this one makes me sad, for me it seemed like such a downgrade from sawayama, everything that made her debut stand out from the rest was missing on this album imo, I liked the nods to late 90's/00s pop music in some of the production but it was missing the alternative influences that made her sound unique, some of the lyrics were also coming off a bit cheesy/cringy a la taylor swift :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

honestly I loved crash, yeah she was in her "pop sellout era" but idc I loved the production on most of the tracks and yuck will probably be in my top 10 tracks for this year, its so damn catchy. admittedly I haven't delved too deep into her albums pre-crash to give a thorough opinion (tbh it was the collab with rina that got me into charli/crash) but they are on the list!

tbh I haven't listened to many full length albums from this year so to answer your thread I'll just mention the ones I really liked:

best - renissance - beyonce, age/s**/location - ari lennox, juno - remi wolf, dawn fm - the weeknd

worst - hold the girl - rina, this one makes me sad, for me it seemed like such a downgrade from sawayama, everything that made her debut stand out from the rest was missing on this album imo, I liked the nods to late 90's/00s pop music in some of the production but it was missing the alternative influences that made her sound unique, some of the lyrics were also coming off a bit cheesy/cringy a la taylor swift :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Yuck was surprisingly good for a song that was clearly written for the TikTok algorithm. And I do think the album was very tasteful for something that was made to be as GP friendly as possible. If any other pop girlie had released it, I'd probably have eaten it up and praised the crap out of it. And I was and still am obsessed with the visuals - the single covers alone had me wet. :typing_keyboard_computer: What's up that Ari Lennox girl, though? Like, what's the vibe? I'd heard about her and assumed she was Annie Lennox's daughter, but I was wrong. :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Yuck was surprisingly good for a song that was clearly written for the TikTok algorithm. And I do think the album was very tasteful for something that was made to be as GP friendly as possible. If any other pop girlie had released it, I'd probably have eaten it up and praised the crap out of it. And I was and still am obsessed with the visuals - the single covers alone had me wet. :typing_keyboard_computer: What's up that Ari Lennox girl, though? Like, what's the vibe? I'd heard about her and assumed she was Annie Lennox's daughter, but I was wrong. :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

lmao ari lennox is more soul/r&b I would say, I get heavy erykah badu vibes from her music she's a really really good vocalist, these are some of my fav tracks:

Spoiler

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block