Best / Worst Albums of 2022

Too lazy to make a whole write-up, so here's a list of some albums that came out this year and are relevant to a pop music forum:

Spoiler

FKA Twigs - Caprisongs

Aurora - The Gods We Can Touch

Mitski - Laurel Hell

Foxes - The Kick

Kim Petras - Sl-t Pop

Mary J. Blige - Good Morning Gorgeous

Avril Lavigne - Love Sux

Sevdaliza - Raving Dahlia

Dolly Parton - Run Rose Run

Charli XCX - Crash

Banks - Serpentina

Omar Apollo - Ivory

Anitta - Versions of Me

Florence + The Machine - Dance Fever

Harry Styles - Harry's House

Christina Aguilera - Aguilera

Perfume Genius - Ugly Season

Conan Gray - Superache

Muna - Muna

Ne-Yo - Self Explanatory

Sabrina Carpenter - Emails I Can't Send

Beyoncé - Renaissance

Megan Thee Stallion - Traumazine

Demi Lovato - Holy F-ck

Rina Sawayama - Hold the Girl

Björk - Fossora

Shygirl - Nymph

Charlie Puth - Charlie

Willow - Coping Mechanism

Poppy - Stagger

Tove Lo - Dirt Femme

Carly Rae Jepsen - The Loneliest Time

Meghan Trainor - Takin' It Back

Taylor Swift - Midnights

Tegan and Sara - Crybaby

Ava Max - Diamonds & Dancefloors (leak)

FKA_twigs_-_Caprisongs.jpegAurora_-_The_Gods_We_Can_Touch_(Official_Album_Cover).pngMitski_-_Laurel_Hell.pngThe_Kick.jpegKim_petras_slut_pop.jpeg

Mary_J._Blige_-_Good_Morning_Gorgeous.pngAvril_Lavigne_-_Love_Sux.pngRaving_Dahlia.jpegDollyRunRoseRunAlbum.jpgCharli_XCX_-_Crash.png

Banks_-_Serpentina.pngIvoryOmarApolloAlbumCover.pngAnitta_-_Versions_of_Me.pngFlorence_and_the_Machine_-_Dance_Fever.pngHarry_Styles_-_Harry's_House.png

Christina_Aguilera_-_Aguilera_album_cover.jpgPerfume_Genius_-_Ugly_Season.pngConan_Gray_-_Superache.pngMuna_2022_album.jpegSabrina_Carpenter_-_Emails_I_Can't_Send.png

Beyonc%C3%A9_-_Renaissance.pngMegan_Thee_Stallion_-_Traumazine.pngDemi_Lovato_-_Holy_Fvck.pngRina_Sawayama_-_Hold_the_Girl.pngFossora.png

Shygirl_nymph.jpegCharlie_Puth_-_Charlie.pngCoping_Mechanism_-_Willow.webpPoppy_-_Stagger.pngTove_Lo_-_Dirt_Femme.png

The_Loneliest_Time_-_Carly_Rae_Jepsen.webpTakin'_It_Back.pngMidnights_-_Taylor_Swift.pngTegan_and_Sara_-_Crybaby.pngAva_Max_-_Diamonds_&_Dancefloors.png

Which of these met or even exceeded your expectations? Which ones didn't? :typing_keyboard_computer: Also, I only included gays, women, and queerbaiters. :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

• Haha 3

Oh btw @i sometimes sing live, I listened to The Loneliest Time by Carly and WOW, the album is AMAZING :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: The title track has SNATCHED my wig and the album is full of 8's, 9's and 10's (Only exception being Far Away which is a 5 but-)  :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: Anxious and Talking to Yourself >>>> :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: Taylor did the good sis SO wrong by releasing Midnights on the same day :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad: I enjoyed it but this album is good fun pure pop which we are in such dire need of  :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I have to finish the remaining half of it #flopfan :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: However, from what I've heard, it is going so good so far :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Catch Me In The Air :bouncey: 

Forgiveness :bouncey:

Phantom :bouncey:

Your Age :bouncey:

She knows how to SERVE :bouncey:

I loved most of the pre-releases (especially This Hell and Hold the Girl), but I haven't listened to it in its entirety either. A lot of fans didn't exactly love it and said it was quite a downgrade from Sawayama. :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Oh btw @i sometimes sing live, I listened to The Loneliest Time by Carly and WOW, the album is AMAZING :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: The title track has SNATCHED my wig and the album is full of 8's, 9's and 10's (Only exception being Far Away which is a 5 but-)  :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: Anxious and Talking to Yourself >>>> :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: 

2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Taylor did the good sis SO wrong by releasing Midnights on the same day :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad: I enjoyed Tay's record but this album is such a good and fun pure pop record which we are in such dire need of  :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Glad everyone's enjoying the album. Every new album cycle is a bit worrisome because everyone's always expecting her to live up to E*MO*TION. :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod: And yes, Anxious and Talking to Yourself might already be top-10-worthy CRJ tracks. :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

but I haven't listened to it in its entirety either. A lot of fans didn't exactly love it and said it was quite a downgrade from Sawayama. :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

I heard the same things but when it comes to the taste of ATRLers, u can't be that trustworthy :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses: SAWAYAMA was a masterpiece that we will just have to sulkily accept as a record that can only be done once in someone's career and that's okay, not everyone has even one record as amazing as iT :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Ava max got bumped to January and some speculate it's because Atlantic refused to release it cos no hit single happened..

But some speculate ava wasn't allowed to promote, cos of some other artist's..

Tove lo did her thing, pineapple slice is the bop for swallowing remember that girls,  men don't like quitters.  

That's the trend these days - keep your artists' albums hostage until they gain traction on TikTok. Halsey and Kim Petras complained about it too. Conan Gray also released like 50 singles before Superache in hopes of getting a TikTok hit. It's honestly so stupid...

2 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

That's the trend these days - keep your artists' albums hostage until they gain traction on TikTok. Halsey and Kim Petras complained about it too. Conan Gray also released like 50 singles before Superache in hopes of getting a TikTok hit. It's honestly so stupid...

Unfortunately Keith Caulfield of billboard said Tik tok is this generations MTV,  trl, radio all in one.

Pop music is a teen driven market,  so yeah, they're not gonna go to person at 40 or pushing 50 cos remember at that time, that's when we go to country music and ready for nursing homes,  unfortunate the stereotype of aging and how the youth sees us is still sad. 

Outside their family, it's not like they see me as just like them a human being.  

I'm supposed to be well one point we could say it but we can't,  but I'm supposed to be in a grave to youth.

That's one thing that hasn't changed.  

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Glad everyone's enjoying the album. Every new album cycle is a bit worrisome because everyone's always expecting her to live up to E*MO*TION. :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod: And yes, Anxious and Talking to Yourself might already be top-10-worthy CRJ tracks. :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

That's the thing even. You'd think after such a stellar record like EMOTION, it would be hard to come with an album as good as it (Yes, I said what I said :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:) which she managed to do effortlessly :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Like 1

The thing with carly rae jepsen is scooter has to go, outside Ariana Grande and biebs as a manager he socks. 

But then again I'm also on take to two to 3 clients,  too many clients make it hard on the others who aren't established,  Bieber himself played a role in call me maybe success,,but he's not a fan of pop, so she really has no support from anybody team scooter. 

2 minutes ago, spearleader89 said:

Best = Taylor Swift. Worst = Meghan Trainor (always)

I kinda wanna listen to Takin' It Back just to see if it could get any worse than Treat Myself. That album was such a snoozer minus a few songs (Genetics, Evil Twin). :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink: Also, I saw that one of the songs talks about how much soul her music has compared to everything else on the radio. Girl... :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

I kinda wanna listen to Takin' It Back just to see if it could get any worse than Treat Myself. That album was such a snoozer minus a few songs (Genetics, Evil Twin). :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink: Also, I saw that one of the songs talks about how much soul her music has compared to everything else on the radio. Girl... :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

It's back to her doo wop sound.

But fans say she's an ep artist,  not one for albums. Cos you can tell 7 songs was great..

Unfortunately labels don't understand,  that eps are good to cos et Canada said 9 songs wasn't needed. The 7 I mentioned is the meat and bones here. 

However,  she's still with Tristar and her comments on Britney spears rubbed the fans of spears the wrong way, like Britney isn't important cos she's just pop music with no substance..

La Reid agreeing with her says alot..

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block