Did Madonna sabotage Me Against The Music?

I only listen to the chix version these days without Madonna. Madonna really wanted to be on the track when Britney previewed it to her. While I think it was sabotaged for a number of reasons, I doubt it was madonnas purpose. Madonna was in a lot of water around this time for her American Life era which was not received well upon release because of the imagery being q little too close to home during Bush’s decision to go into Iraq 

Madonna being on a Britney track would’ve perhaps brought her more attention and returned her back to a positive light. Beyond vocals just not blending well, her presence on the song alone paired with the rumoured Britney radio ban really could’ve been detrimental to the tracks success

The song is a bit flat but Madonna definitely improved it and took it to the next level worthy of a first single just because of Madonna.

Why the hate towards Madonna? she is an Icon and paved the way for Britney and many more, I still remember when Britney cried in the Makin the video for having Madonna in her song and video.
Respect for the queen!

And yes there is a solo version.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block