Taylor Swift "Midnights" out now with 7 surprise bonus tracks, breaking streaming records on Spotify, Amazon, and Apple Music!

Upon listening to more clips, it sounds like Lover leftovers but reworked with a glimpse of Folklore production, just without the power of Folklore. Lyrics so far are, indeed, very meh. With Folklore production, I mean, instruments pulled to the back, sounds slightly faded and lots of reverb.

Vigilante **** is so far, the only one that seemed more Reputation like rather than Lover. Darker, just a beat on the back with her more speaking than singing. Starts promising,  but seems to never pick up.

Finished the whole thing. 

Point 1: The lyrics on Matchlyric are real, except for Midnight Rain and Mastermind

Point 2: For those curious of the sound as a whole, a very broad summary:  Have you listened to Bleachers? So, think of the non anthemic songs which you skip to get to the juicy ones. That is the album. Midnights sounds like Bleacherss' weakest songs. Antonoff is just so repetitive sometimes. 

Highlight tracks: Definitely, Midnight Rain is my top. Mastermind a close second. Anti Hero is clever, but not amazing. It is even slightly comedic at times. The appeal of it is that it does show how someone with lots of narcissistic traits, yet capable of self awareness, is scared of what she could become if she does not mature and gets out of her own way at some point.

Snow on...is an okish Lana song, even if it is Taylor's, but it aint  a stand out masterpiece like Young and Beautiful. Not at all. The rest of the songs blend into a big whatever with mostly, generic lyrics, with a couple of witty perspectives sprinkled here and there.

I really wanted to love it but... 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Kevney said:

This is just what I excepted from this album; this is about to get glowing reviews. :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

If you don't like it i don't think you like this style of music. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

We've heard this style from her for 10 albums. NEXT.

She could have at least not used rejects then maybe it would have been tolerable.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block