Im sorry but the gimme more choreography is perfection

Well.. I'm not so sure. Gimme more is an attitude song and it demands some slutty pole choreo, fierce walking, hair flipping, stilettos, and attitude. 

I don't like the structure and execution of the VMA choreography, even with the dancers only. The only great part is perhaps the bridge. 

FFT Gimme more had an interesting concept and I must say it sounds like a brilliant idea, though the outcome wasn't very favourable but we know why. The remix slaps. 

POM Choreo is by far the best try her team has made, though it's more hip-hop, underground inspired. February 2014 is what completes the look for the performance and it actually looks great, though not that impressive. The choreo is actually pretty good here and I love how the male dancers represent it. I'd say it lacks some of the original feminine energy it has. 

Domination - no comment. 

I love how Gimme more was incorporated in Hustlers. Energy-wise that's what we need - strong **** boss women with attitude, flipping the male perspective. 

If Britney and her prospect team decide to give performing that song another chance, I hope they get it right. Make it simple, fluid, with lots of energy and get the details right (outfit, lighting, effects, props, proper lip-syncing). 

My 2 cents, of course. 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

The word perfection is thrown around here wayyy to many times.

This woman's choreo is basically just walking around the stage. The chorus has no real choreo at all. The only good part is the beginning of the bridge.

This song is very feminine and seductive sounding. This song pulls off (imo and I'm a guy saying this) how a girl is being eyed in a club and she wants the guy to make the move and then push limits. The choreo needed that to pull off the performance. The choreographer has some of that thrown in, but there's very little overall choreo to it and it's a yawn.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

I feel like Gimme More is a song that doesn't need hardcore choreo execution. It needs to be sultry, slu**y, and very ***ually intimidating :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:It needs that powerful dominatrix attitude. That's what all these choreographers have been missing for so many years.

• Love 4

Even if britney performed this at her peak level performance, it wouldn't have been as good or rememebered as her other vmas performances. It lacks something from the beginning and even if idk what it is, I think it has something to do with what people described up here. 

• Love 1

I think that if they wanted to have another vma moment, they should've done a medley of Break The Ice/ Gimme More. Break the ice has many more elements of the typical britney song which includes hard hitting choreo, while Gimme More is more of a moody song 

• Love 1

THANK YOU. It's actually one of my fave. 

Though I have to admit that I always thought, since day one, that something was missing during the first chorus.. like add a pole dance, let her dance with the poll as a shower of fireworks fall ( à la Circus video) you know just during the first chorus for the WOW factor and then you have perfection. 

After the year 2000, I feel like a lot of Britney performances suffered because either she was full on lipsyching or her microphone was so low that her live voice couldn't be heard. And there were also times in Britneys career where fans really hyped themselves up into thinking that Britney was going to sing live, but she didn't.  This VMA performance was one of those times where the disappointment should really be directed at her lack of live vocals. Britneys execution of the choreography wasn't perfect but it wasn't anywhere near bad, she did good. If she was actually singing live, it would done wonders for the performance.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block