Britney and Sam are moving into an $11.8 million home in Calabasas

4 minutes ago, queenofhearts said:

here's what I found:

According to California family law, child support ends when a child turns 18 years old, which is considered the “age of majority.” From that date, child custody laws no longer apply.

However, there is an exception to this law when an 18-year-old child is still a full-time high school student. In such situations, child support ends when the child turns 19 or graduates from high school, whichever is sooner.

Besides a child turning 18 or 19 years old, child support ends if one of the following circumstances is true:

• The child gets married
  • The child joins the military
  • The child is emancipated before turning 18
  • The child passes away before he/she turns 18
  • The court ends the support or custody order

Exceptions for Child Support Age Limits

Another exception is when child support is for a special-needs child who cannot be financially or medically independent when he/she becomes an adult. Both parents must agree (in writing) who will be financially responsible for the child after he/she turns 18 years of age. A custodial parent may request additional support since a special-needs child may have foreseeable and recurring medical expenses, such as medications and therapies, as well as educational expenses.

Alas, child support can continue past a child’s 18th birthday, so long as they agree on a certain date or age and submit papers to the court. For example, parents can agree to support their child until he graduates college or turns 21 years old.

https://www.myersfamlaw.com/blog/2020/august/when-does-child-support-end-in-california-/

so we dont' know if Britney agreed to support them until 21 or not. But my question is, if the court docs say 21, but she was under a cship back then, then it would seem like she could fight this in court because it wasn't actually her saying/ signing this, it was Jamie. We don't know if Britney handled all this with Kevin before she was put under a cship. If the documents say 21, the only way I could see her fighting this is that she argues a cship was in place and she had no say so and maybe that's when the court could end the custody order (last bullet in bold)

They were divorced in July 2007, and her conservatorship didn’t start until February of 2008. The agreement would still stand.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

Of all the neighborhoods she can afford to live? Calabasas is pretty exclusive and pricey. Also, comparing Britney's mansion to whatever Kevin is living in is just dumb. Last I knew he was in an $8000 a month rental home half the size of Britney's place. 

Ugh TMZ :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

So he's basically spending those coins Britney gives to him instead of investing, can't wait for that d-bag to work :neydedance_purple:

I still can't believe that Britney fell in love with such a total piece of trash.

I'm even more marveled and astonished by the whole concept of "justice" in the U.S. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Sounds fair to give $20,000 a month for two teenagers, right? Oh, and not checking if K-Fed is actually working and not spending that money given to these specific two kids on *****, alcohol, trashy parties and his other divorced wives and his other kids? Seriously, they should at least do an annual check: were the $240,000 spent only on these kids? 

Even $2,000 for both is way too much. Sounds like this kind of environment is more likely to turn them into brats and over-spoiled kids. With K-Fed "education" (already reflected on one of them on the way he speaks about his mum "she's making so much money from this" from the live on his Insta, good, your mom's being interned against her will and traumatized and you think about her music making her rich?) I'm genuinely concerned about these kids. One of them seems closer to his mum in terms of personality. Btw: they're still teens, ofc they're not perfect or anything, but let's hope that Kevin is taking their education seriously.

• Love 3
  • Like 3
16 minutes ago, do the thing said:

So he's basically spending those coins Britney gives to him instead of investing, can't wait for that d-bag to work :neydedance_purple:

I still can't believe that Britney fell in love with such a total piece of trash.

I'm even more marveled and astonished by the whole concept of "justice" in the U.S. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Sounds fair to give $20,000 a month for two teenagers, right? Oh, and not checking if K-Fed is actually working and not spending that money given to these specific two kids on *****, alcohol, trashy parties and his other divorced wives and his other kids? Seriously, they should at least do an annual check: were the $240,000 spent only on these kids? 

Even $2,000 for both is way too much. Sounds like this kind of environment is more likely to turn them into brats and over-spoiled kids. With K-Fed "education" (already reflected on one of them on the way he speaks about his mum "she's making so much money from this" from the live on his Insta, good, your mom's being interned against her will and traumatized and you think about her music making her rich?) I'm genuinely concerned about these kids. One of them seems closer to his mum in terms of personality. Btw: they're still teens, ofc they're not perfect or anything, but let's hope that Kevin is taking their education seriously.

I don't know anything much about law but it would seem there should be an audit of the money. and yeah just like you said you'd think at the very least he'd be investing the money for their future/education. but I guess he can't even afford a financial advisor lol

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

They were divorced in July 2007, and her conservatorship didn’t start until February of 2008. The agreement would still stand.

Even if you are right, the agreement can still change. She is out of the conservatorship and does have her rights again.  It’s a big sign she moved back closer to the kids. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, rennen2.0 said:

I like the exterior, not a big fan of the interior. 

I still think the nicest house she's had was during X-Factor. Stunning inside and out, and very modern. It likely wasn't to her taste though as I don't believe she was there long. It was maybe just a rental while doing X-Factor. 

Which house ones?

I can't wait for the boys to turn 18 so this loser never gets another dime from Britney. Let's see how long he can afford his $8k RENTAL :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Anyway, so happy for Britney! I am so glad she will live closer to her boys and also has a new house where she can have only good memories. It was time for her to leave the past behind!

• Love 4
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block