Britney opens up about her depression and what her family did to her: "my family ******* killed me"

Slayer

3 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Britney's had such a hard life. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

It's true! The worst part is that she will have to live with these memories and experiences until the last days of her life. I hope that someday she will be able to put it behind her, although I realize that it will be damn hard...

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

The stuff she’s sharing with us is so horrific, I kinda fear hearing what she isn’t sharing, like how much worse does it get. Her family are s a d is tic (I can’t believe even this word was censored) monsters.

Exactly. What we do know is SHOCKING. But what the hell don't we know? 

• Love 5

I’m genuinely concerned by her constant references to the things she has not shared that are so much worse. She keeps saying this. The depression is inevitable after everything she has been through. Most depressed people just want to be loved all she wanted was to be loved, as she keeps saying. So to her she’s in the depths of depression because she felt so unloved by those who should have loved and cherished her the most. She was their lottery and meal ticket and it’s as simple as that. Utterly heartbreaking 💔 

• Like 2

She is just a force of nature. Absolutely unbreakable and amazing. 

I relate to her words though my own situation and circumstances are quite different. I am the least violent, highly non-confrontational person but I have dreams where I am picking up my mom like a ragdoll banging her against a wall....it isn't about hurting my mom, it's about the desperation to be heard and treated with respect. It's "I loved and admired you unconditionally I trusted in your vision for me you lead me nowhere and left me out in the cold and were oblivious to my love the whole time"--I think that IS a similar feeling to what Britney feels with her own relations. Either way she touches me and countless others when she is so open about her pain. And let's go off on just how CORRECT she is....depression is no reason to lock a person away from their life forever. Britney is obviously NOT the basic instagram mom they tried to paint her as for SO MANY YEARS, but in faceta creative, artistic, otherworldly soul like most brilliant artists. "Quirky" perhaps but to be treated as a mental patient for half her life....it's absolutely sickening.

And she is right about doctors and nurses. These are just people with their own agendas. A hospital is not a magical land of Oz but just a building full of people like you and me with some schooling.

When she mentions the lithium, my stomach turns. When I first opened up to a doctor that i had been ***ually assaulted, and due to fear had avoided doctors since....it came out quite anxiously. This doctor wanted to put me on Prozac. There was no concern over helping me heal---just making me a more palatable patient and generating income off me.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I also like she mentioned the "unasked for help". If you really love someone and you seriously believe they're struggling, you'll do everything to convince them to get help, but at the end of the day you can't force them to get the help or the treatment that YOU want. They have to make that decision, or otherwise it's not gonna work. That if they even wanted to help her of if they really believed she needed it. 

That part threw me. Did they tell her she was there for depression? Jamie Lynn kept harping on her spiraling, and episodes, which is usually used to describe bipolar or schizophrenic people. It’s almost as if they’ve never told her what her actual “diagnosis” is, or that they’ve shamed her so badly that she doesn’t want to acknowledge it. This whole situation is so heartbreaking and i truly hope she is able to trust therapist and doctors again one day. There’s absolutely no shame involved in any mental illness.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block