Britney’s Discography Discourse

hello fellow exhalers,

do you ever get kinda upset at how tainted britney’s discography is sometimes? like don’t get me wrong, it’s gorgeous with many, many gems but looking back at her career, i wish she got to do more of what she wanted to do.

baby one more time & oops i did it again - she didn’t have much input on those albums but that’s okay considering she was just starting out and her label was trying to market her and i feel like those albums have a special place in her heart.

britney - she was very involved but the label kinda ruined her concept and songs she wrote for the album didn’t make the cut like she wanted cause they had to make room for the crossroads songs.

in the zone & blackout - her best albums of course. the only two that aren’t tainted. you can tell how much she loves both of these albums.

circus & femme fatale - circus being a rushed album to get her back on the media’s good side after everything that happened. it sounds kinda unfinished at parts and i feel like this album really lacks britney’s personality that’s heard in her previous albums..she’s sort of just going through the motions (understandable with all that we know now) femme fatale…we all know queen doesn’t like this album and there’s absolutely zero personality in this album. it’s a fantastic pop album but it just kinda sucks knowing britney hates it lol.

britney jean - i don’t even have to explain

glory - nothing really tainted about this one besides the era obviously.

but yeah listening to her discography after all we know can sometimes be kinda depressing knowing all that she had to endure.

• Love 5

I really hope she does some sort of interview or book to set the story straight on things like this - because we truly might not even know. Maybe she really likes Circus despite everything, or maybe isn’t as into Glory as she was made to make it seem, you know what I mean?

There’s so much of her career and life that we truly don’t know what she feels about it. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, CenterOfTheRing98 said:

I really hope she does some sort of interview or book to set the story straight on things like this - because we truly might not even know. Maybe she really likes Circus despite everything, or maybe isn’t as into Glory as she was made to make it seem, you know what I mean?

There’s so much of her career and life that we truly don’t know what she feels about it. 

yeah t b h. i feel like after in the zone, she didn’t really speak much on her music and the creative process in interviews. i would love to know which songs she adores and had the most fun recording.

• Love 2

For me, the only album that felt tainted in BJ, simply because it isn’t her singing. I think it’s also probably the only album she didn’t really wanna do. 

I used to feel that way about Blackout because I heavily associate it with that tumultuous time in her life, but I’m beginning to appreciate it more now that it’s glaringly obvious that all the nonsense in 2007-2008 wasn’t really her fault. 

4 hours ago, Arwen said:

For me, the only album that felt tainted in BJ, simply because it isn’t her singing. I think it’s also probably the only album she didn’t really wanna do. 

I used to feel that way about Blackout because I heavily associate it with that tumultuous time in her life, but I’m beginning to appreciate it more now that it’s glaringly obvious that all the nonsense in 2007-2008 wasn’t really her fault. 

i’ve just been listening to her discography a lot more lately and i’ve just been feeling this way like damn i wish she got to do things more HER way. she was starting to gain that creative control and then it was ripped from her for circus. 

• Love 1

Yes, this is why I love In The Zone so much cause it felt like she had really found her flow and was really onto something with her music from 2003-2006. She was tapped in for sure.

More than ANYTHING in this world I would love to hear from Britney talk about her discography and artistry!! That's the only way we'll ever know for sure.

She doesn't even ever have to share personal details of her life with us if she doesn't want to. I get it that it may be too soon for her to talk about "what happened" to her and the conservatorship/family drama.

BUT I'd be completely happy with her strictly making the conversation ALLLLL about her art.  And I'm sure a lot of you would too...

(p.s. only if you want to Britney you don't owe anyone anything💗)

• Love 4
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I get where you’re coming from, and I agree on certain parts like FF and BJ, but I also think you’re discrediting her and making assumptions about things we really don’t know about. 

maybe i should have worded it better, i’m not discrediting her in any way…it’s just that i feel like sometimes it’s hard listening to her music, especially circus - onward, knowing now everything she’s been through :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

3 hours ago, femmepop said:

Yes, this is why I love In The Zone so much cause it felt like she had really found her flow and was really onto something with her music from 2003-2006. She was tapped in for sure.

More than ANYTHING in this world I would love to hear from Britney talk about her discography and artistry!! That's the only way we'll ever know for sure.

She doesn't even ever have to share personal details of her life with us if she doesn't want to. I get it that it may be too soon for her to talk about "what happened" to her and the conservatorship/family drama.

BUT I'd be completely happy with her strictly making the conversation ALLLLL about her art.  And I'm sure a lot of you would too...

(p.s. only if you want to Britney you don't owe anyone anything💗)

YES! i just want to hear her speak on music. i love the way she spoke about glory ugh i just want her to speak about her career sometimes…like it was so fun seeing her post about brave new girl, things only stans know about. maybe it’s just me being a (tonight i’m gonna be a little) selfish stan :waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what:

• Love 1

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.  She needs a celebratory box set release with a book included.  The book could be a retrospective look back at her career with outtakes from various photo shoots from each era and an interview asking about deep questions related to her music…we don’t even know what her favorite song of her own is.  I’d like to know her thoughts on having “Radar” on two albums.  What was her favorite music video to film.  What is her most proud achievement she has earned.  Stuff like that.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

from the general assumptions that everyone always make 

Thank you Poke..... I hate reading assumptions everyday, especially about her music. Of course she was going through one of the worst moments in her life during the Femme Fatale era, but I feel like she always takes her music seriously and that it is her safe place, so I don't see her blaming whatever she's going through on one of the things she likes doing the best.

2 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Thank you Poke..... I hate reading assumptions everyday, especially about her music. Of course she was going through one of the worst moments in her life during the Femme Fatale era, but I feel like she always takes her music seriously and that it is her safe place, so I don't see her blaming whatever she's going through on one of the things she likes doing the best.

I hate assumptions in general too. I think it's fine to discuss what everybody thinks, or what one can imagine Britney thinking, but putting words on Britney's mouth like the typical "Britney hates Sometimes" and stuff like that, is what I really don't get, like, yeah, just why assume things in general instead of waiting for the truth? lol Instead of waiting that someday Britney actually talks without restrictions about her work and career.

Because we do have interviews both printed and on record of Britney talking about her albums in their respective eras, and they've always been positive comments. People may say that she was forced to follow a script during the conservatorship or whatever, we don't know, yet she sounded very genuine when talking about Femme Fatale, Britney Jean and Glory. Circus is the only one that we don't have enough material to judge, because there's only like two videos where she talks about it. Even for the 10th anniversary of Blackout she just said it was very simple and "not so thought out" and praised Freakshow out of all the songs, yet people claim she was SO involved in the record and whatnot. 

People assume she loves Blackout and In the Zone, and it makes sense given how many songs she's performed on her shows, yet again, didn't she complain that she was not allowed to perform the songs she wanted to? How do we know she didn't want to add more FF, BJ or Glory songs in Vegas, but was forced by her team to keep the hits and the Blackout tracks to cater to the fans? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: Maybe she does prefer those albums, but doesn't mean she hates the rest. Or maybe she does, but again, why not wait until we can have a clear answer from her, where she can really open up about what happened with those records, what represented for her back then and now, and how much she really likes of them despite how much input or not she had. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block