what Lithium has done to her

45 minutes ago, strongertomorrow said:

There are a lot of delusional fans that think her current behavior is completely normal and she hasn't changed (I do understand her posting; she's finally feeling free and a bit rebellious and I am here for it and the honest and upfront captions as well - given it's her posting), but she does frankly seem a bit out of it and some of the videos are a bit disturbing. I'm not a hater, but I'm seeing things for what they are. I would never leave a nasty comment on her IG & defend her when people say she's crazy, but I'm also not choosing to be totally ignorant. 

I feel the same

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, halfdressed said:

I don’t want to comment too much because I’m somewhere in the middle and it’s a controversial topic but objectively her behavior absolutely has different qualities that are somewhat odd, but there are several things to consider. First, we all have our own “weird ****.” Everyone. All of us. Also, She is not a shy when it comes to her personality traits (wanting a private personal life like she does is different). She’s gonna be herself. Always. Also, she’s been threw a freaking lot. She never had a normal childhood and she’s been a princess locked in a castle for over a decade. She hasn’t been around many people. HER TEAM INSTRUCTS ANY PERSON WHETHER FAN, FRIEND, OR CELEBRITY NOT TO MAKE ANY EYE CONTACT AND EVEN TURN AROUND IN SOME INSTANCES CAN YOU IMAGINE NOT BEING ALLOWED A NORMAL HUMAN SOCIAL EXPERIENCE.  And I’m not yelling at you. I’m exclaiming this DISGUSTING behavior and treatment of this sweet innocent global superstar who never let money or the industry change her in a single way…. I’m exclaiming how tragic and awful it is. 

So when you consider all these things, it’s not hard to understand how she may be experiencing a little lack in confidence and quote “normalcy” (who wants to be like everyone else anyway). 

Yes you said that perfectly and I am understanding. I am not arguing you are wrong about anything you said. But I was just more referring to what's happened between 2018 and now - like she seemed to be way different before, however, we also never had her posting much on IG though, so idk. Just saw the I Am Britney Jean doc the other day, and I couldn't see that version of her anymore in what we get from her recently on her IG (which I am aware, is only a tiny snippet of her actual life). She seemed super mature, the way she moved and spoke, but then again, social media is not reality I get that. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, strongertomorrow said:

Yes you said that perfectly and I am understanding. I am not arguing you are wrong about anything you said. But I was just more referring to what's happened between 2018 and now - like she seemed to be way different before, however, we also never had her posting much on IG though, so idk. Just saw the I Am Britney Jean doc the other day, and I couldn't see that version of her anymore in what we get from her recently on her IG (which I am aware, is only a tiny snippet of her actual life). She seemed super mature, the way she moved and spoke, but then again, social media is not reality I get that. 

I think this **** is literally killing her. I mean imagine 6 months of this. But then year. After year. After year.  13 times. That’s an ETERNITY without access to your money, friends, kids, and life. And then for it to all be happening under the direction of your family. It’s totally ****ed up and she’s absolutely a prisoner. I don’t think we can comprehend 13 years day after day after day enough to understand how this would probably have driven most others over the edge… literally. 

But I 100% understand what you’re saying. 

• Love 7
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

The real crime that everyone is overlooking is what did they put her on after the circus tour! Her face change in a matter of months she left the circus tour with her original face & than femme fatale happen. What **** can age you or change your face appearance that quick? I wish I could do a side by side 

I guess this is one thing I disagree on with britney fans. I can understand her acting different and being stiff during some dances but to me she's always looked the same. I never understood around the FF era when people said she looked different. Sure I think she acted a bit different but she looked the same

• Like 1
1 hour ago, strongertomorrow said:

Not necessarily analyzing, but definitely making observation, which I'm trying to be objective for. 

The truth is you'll never understand. None of us will, as it does seem most extremely famous celebrities get this way for whatever reason. They all become mental to a degree, it's terrible but maybe the price they pay. It can be isolating and lonely and also she is bored out of her mind stuck in that house while this all plays out...

I don't know, not everyone of my friends has the same personalities and some are bat **** crazy.. So maybe I see things for what they are and everyone is different. She has a different personality and with sharing so much she may not be for everyone or seem "Normal" to the average person.. Whatever Normal is. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, strongertomorrow said:

so I may get a lot of hate for this, but in my opinion, I feel like something crucial happened between 2019 and 2021, and after her statement in June, I’m guessing it’s the lithium she was put on… I saw her most recent interviews from like 2016 and she’s like a different person than what we have seen on her Instagram lately. The way she speaks especially and also moves to a degree. there’s something in her eyes & I don’t know what is lacking, but I’m guessing I’m not the only one that sees it. 

Agree with everything you wrote but curious why you drew the line at 2019. In my opinion the "different person" signs date all the way back to FF era. Which not coincidentally was about when the medication began. Like you I am extremely concerned about what long term effects meds may have on our personalities. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
14 minutes ago, sunny_liston said:

Agree with everything you wrote but curious why you drew the line at 2019. In my opinion the "different person" signs date all the way back to FF era. Which not coincidentally was about when the medication began. Like you I am extremely concerned about what long term effects meds may have on our personalities. 

oh yes, that’s true, especially performance wise she has been way different since 2008, but I mean more like the way she seems to be acting and speaking, I watched videos of her 2016 interviews and she seems like a different person almost, like I don’t know if it’s something in her face or her eyes, but the Britney that gave interviews in 2016 or even later if there were any, seems really mature and somewhat confident and more present — maybe it’s a medication, maybe it’s the week old black eyeshadow around her eyes, not having accentuated eyebrows, the outfits, I don’t know, but I do believe it was lithium she was put on

however, someone else mentioned that in her FF era, 2011, she seems a little bit off also, and it reminds me of her recent Instagram — she just seems a bit drugged then and now, but hopefully she’s recovering now

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

she looks nothing currently as she did during FF era. She actually looked older then than she does now, not to mention the lack of facial expressions, bloatedness and guttural voice

As someone said, you can't take IG videos to give an evaluation of her general state, physical nor mental. We haven't seen Britney in any other environment to judge it, as in, we haven't seen her in a proper interview since 2018, and her last public appearances were those brief moments in late 2019.

This was late 2018

This was earlier this year

she actually looks and sounds much better now, imo

About the dancing, I don't think it's changed that much, this is from 2016 and it looks a lot like her current dancing videos

But I think that more than lithium, it's just the fact that, I mean, she's obviously older, none of us is getting younger each passing day, she's also hasn't worn that professional makeup we were used to see, and is not as active as she was when she was performing, so maybe that's why her face looked skinnier back then, because her body fat percent was very low.

For what I've read, the short term effects of lithium are not as bad as if she had been taking it for a year or so, and as people have said, if any, the long term effects would be in the kidneys or thyroid rather than the way one speaks or whatever. After almost 3 years since she was in the facility, any effects should've gone now already.

I think her anxiety and overall "oddness" that you may perceive is more a product of the whole situation, the frustration and desperation of being under the conservatorship, everything that was happening at the beginning of the pandemic of all the things that they forbid her to do, etc. Being isolated for so long and always threatened about what she could say or not, can't be easy to deal with.

OK yes you actually make really good points thank you for your entry! I was just so shocked when I heard she was put on lithium as I had just recently learned about the side effects, and was curious if this would change her mental state longterm as well… One member said though that their sister changed the way she spoke and behaved for a while after being on it for just one month, but probably by now Brit should be recovering. 

it really pains me to read all the hurtful comments on her Instagram though, as someone who knows more than music from Britney and has followed her for a long time, we can see it as just her regular quirkiness, but I can also understand how to general population would label her as insane if they don’t have any context. 

and yes, we haven’t seen her in an official interview with actual fresh make up and stuff in a while, so we wouldn’t know what she would present as like. 

Connsidering we’ve gathered some evidence that britney might lurk in here every now and then i think we should just stop making threads talking about her health or mental state not only because it might be offensive to her but also we really have no idea and we are just speculating about something really serious and personal based on instagram videos 

we should focus on trying to make things easier for her to come back into the real world l, she must be so nervous 

• Love 3

I think she was first put on lithium back in 2010/2011. That’s when I noticed a massive change in her. Her face changed, she became  checked out, her eyes were glazed, her voice deepened. She showed signs of being put on lithium. The FF and X Factor era kinda speak for themselves. The transformation from even the Circus era to that was drastic. 

I don’t think she ever recovered fully after that. She showed glimmers throughout 2016 but I think she’s been on such strong meds from 2011- current. Perhaps when she’s fully free and in charge of her own health care they will find a good balance without Jamie deciding every few years to **** her up to make her comply. Her body must have gone through hell for over a decade with the amount of meds he’s concocted for her. 

• Love 4
  • Like 3
19 minutes ago, strongertomorrow said:

OK yes you actually make really good points thank you for your entry! I was just so shocked when I heard she was put on lithium as I had just recently learned about the side effects, and was curious if this would change her mental state longterm as well… One member said though that their sister changed the way she spoke and behaved for a while after being on it for just one month, but probably by now Brit should be recovering. 

it really pains me to read all the hurtful comments on her Instagram though, as someone who knows more than music from Britney and has followed her for a long time, we can see it as just her regular quirkiness, but I can also understand how to general population would label her as insane if they don’t have any context. 

and yes, we haven’t seen her in an official interview with actual fresh make up and stuff in a while, so we wouldn’t know what she would present as like. 

the thing is haters have existed since before Instagram.

I don't know how old are you or since when you've been a fan, but people have been criticizing Britney since BOMT, and saying the most horrible things about her. And over the years they've kept messing with her, from being barefoot, for marrying Kevin, having her baby on her lap while behind the wheel, not wearing panties, shaving her head, etc, etc. That isn't new, sadly. So I'd recommend to stop reading IG comments if it really affects you so much, or you can instead just contribute with positive comments and move on. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Be concerned if she's seen acting erratically at Walmart or on the streets, or something, not on social media. People give so much importance to it, and it worries me more to know there's people that apparently think that what people put on social media is their real life, or everything there is to one's life, so if we only see topless pictures of her, she might be like that 24/7 wherever she goes, or idk what people imagine. And similarly, to think that if someone only shares pretty pictures and videos of beautiful places and views, and perfect pose and lighting then their lives are perfect and beautiful.

Her instagram was very pretty and happy and colorful back in 2014-2017 and now we know that she's been complaining behind the scenes to the court about the conservatorship and her father's alcoholism, etc, all those years but who would've had a clue? She even posed with her father looking very happy in several pictures.

So people need to be smarter and less judgemental, but if they want to keep believing that, then let's not pay attention to them.

Now that doesn't mean she doesn't have traumas to heal or so, but that's not gonna be measured by social media posts.

• Love 3
  • Like 4