[UPDATED] Netflix's 'Britney vs Spears' stream + comment party

10 hours ago, Priya Awais said:

Fe:

"I won't touch that [Lou]. Sorry. Not worth it to me."

"I won't talk about that. "

Didn't have guts to say anything on camera.... 

This is why I hate this documentary. It's so bad that they play that dirty with Felicia and they tried to clean the image of Satam Lutfi, Adnan and Kaplan. horrible documentary.

I genuinely could not fault this documentary. Was it as unsettling as Controlling Britney Spears? Not exactly. Should Sam Lutfi get a platform for redemption? Nope, but ultimately, both directors made an incredible documentary that brings forth so much new information; there is no room for doubt. Jamie abused Britney medically. Larry abused Britney professionally against the medical teams wishes. Ingham fought against her best interest. Lou exploited her, and anyone depending anyone involved clearly is in too deep.

In the past few days, all of our worst fears have been confirmed but we need to recognise; Britney is still fighting. 

The ending montage was incredibly moving, and this documentary deserves its credit.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

Ha! That moment totally struck me too.  I was like "I need to rewatch that video because I could have sworn that's not even Brit".

yeah they also say she's rehearsing for the tour when that was for the choreography of the Circus music video....

and then they show the Vegas show with the ring of fire when they say she's on The Circus tour.....

Sorry Netflix, but that was messy  :rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip:

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I genuinely could not fault this documentary. Was it as unsettling as Controlling Britney Spears? Not exactly. Should Sam Lutfi get a platform for redemption? Nope, but ultimately, both directors made an incredible documentary that brings forth so much new information; there is no room for doubt. Jamie abused Britney medically. Larry abused Britney professionally against the medical teams wishes. Ingham fought against her best interest. Lou exploited her, and anyone depending anyone involved clearly is in too deep.

In the past few days, all of our worst fears have been confirmed but we need to recognise; Britney is still fighting. 

The ending montage was incredibly moving, and this documentary deserves its credit.

I just finished watching this and I agree completely with this. Prior to signing up for Breatheheavy, I didn't know that much of the situation, and there are still some parts that hardcore fans know far better than me. Case in point: people *****ing about this documentary revealing little of note. Fans need to understand that very few people are as immersed in Britney's conservatorship - of course it's hardly going to break new ground for most people here. But I don't think it needs to? It just needs to spread the message and show clearly how twisted the conservatorship is, and it accomplishes this.

People are whining about Sam Lutfi, but I don't think the GP will give a **** about him. To anyone not in the know, he's just gonna be a vessel to deliver the message - Britney's family tried to prevent her from getting out of the conservatorship by demonizing random people. To anyone in the know, you already formed an opinion on Lutfi and this won't change anything. The rest will promptly forget about him because at the end of the day, it's about Britney.

I also appreciated that they DIDN'T show those tired paparazzi images of her like other documentaries did. It was clear that it was a very deliberate choice by the filmmakers and I was relieved when they didn't show them. I think this is the first documentary that avoided plastering those photos and footage she so clearly hates all over. Also, the music is oddly Mr. Robot at times.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Alio said:

yeah they also they she's rehearsing for the tour when that was for the choreography of the Circus music video....

and then they show the Vegas show with the ring of fire when they say she's on The Circus tour.....

Sorry Netflix, but that was messy  :rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip:

Oh right they included a shot of her in the ring of fire in Vegas. It really is a bit sloppy honestly. And to do a zoom in close up for *effect* on a backup dancer? C'mon guys:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

The timeline is a mess.

What fails in the documentary is that there is no contrast to what is said. Not when Kaplan speaks, not when Adnan speaks, not least Lufti, who else must be cross-questioned. In the part when they talk about why they chose Jamie as their tutor and not Lynn, the explanation is very basic, and they do not immerse themselves in the family problems prior to the conservatorship.

And there is an error in what Adnan says about the 5 day notice, since Britney knew about the guardianship plan from Jon Eardley's letter days before the 5150 second.

Interesting about Andrew Gallery. He didn't know they had been in a relationship, or so he hinted. It gave me the impression that he is in love / obsessing over her, well who isn't lol.

• Like 3

Hated it, thanks to this doc we have the following headlines: *****, Desperation, and Dementia: ‘Britney Vs Spears’ Reveals New Horrors in Conservatorship 🤦🏽🤦🏽🤦🏽 
I am shocked actually that we have confirmation she was diagnosed with dementia, I hope it’s a fraudulent diagnosis.

22 minutes ago, oscar0 said:

The timeline is a mess.

What fails in the documentary is that there is no contrast to what is said. Not when Kaplan speaks, not when Adnan speaks, not least Lufti, who else must be cross-questioned. In the part when they talk about why they chose Jamie as their tutor and not Lynn, the explanation is very basic, and they do not immerse themselves in the family problems prior to the conservatorship.

And there is an error in what Adnan says about the 5 day notice, since Britney knew about the guardianship plan from Jon Eardley's letter days before the 5150 second.

Interesting about Andrew Gallery. He didn't know they had been in a relationship, or so he hinted. It gave me the impression that he is in love / obsessing over her, well who isn't lol.

I was hoping this documentary (or any of them) would mention Jon Eardley, but they don't.

Overall, I was grateful for the new information, like the journalist helping Britney, and that Jason was against the conservatorship (remember when they got engaged and fans freaked out because he was going to become her co-conservator and have all this power over her? My opinion literally changed of him with this documentary). However, I felt like it could have been edited better and it suffered from being released so late. I think it would have made a greater impact if it was released in July after she had just spoken in court or the July 14th court date.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Miss Negative said:

Esperaba que este documental (o cualquiera de ellos) mencionara a Jon Eardley, pero no lo hacen.

En general, estaba agradecido por la nueva información, como el periodista que ayudó a Britney, y que Jason estaba en contra de la curaduría (recuerde cuando se comprometieron y los fanáticos se asustaron porque él se convertiría en su co-curador y tendría todo este poder sobre ella. ? Mi opinión literalmente cambió de él con este documental). Sin embargo, sentí que podría haberse editado mejor y sufrió por haber sido lanzado tan tarde. Creo que habría tenido un mayor impacto si se hubiera publicado en julio después de que ella acabara de hablar en la corte o la fecha de la corte del 14 de julio.

I understand that Jason did indeed become its co-curator in 2012.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, oscar0 said:

This stood out to me too!! Is he gay? I always thought he was, but then I got a vibe that he had feelings for her from him saying “I introduced her to my friends and let her into my life” and then the thing about Jason “neither of us were dating her” etc. 

5 hours ago, Martian_M00d said:

Yeah the Jason Trawick thing was interesting and offers a different point of view than most fans thought (ie he wanted in on her money). Overall the NYT doc was better as it got more in the weeds with her security and felicias beautiful commentary on britney at the end. The Netflix doc wasn't that bad, but the NYT doc was much better crafted. I expected more information from the Netflix doc after 2.5 years of research 

Netflix was just waiting for the Hulu bbc cnn docs to come out and basically wanted to observe the whole situation play out and be the one documentary to have the last word right before the 9/29 court hearing. 

2 hours ago, frederiickx said:

She's not and has NEVER been insane. A breakdown or moment of weakness does not make her insane.

I think these arguments are mute. They orchestrated and strategically tried to defame her so they could justify a conservatorship for their own selfish personal gains. They are sociopaths. I wouldn't be surprised if they drugged her or drove her to the brink prior to all this. There is a reason why Britney fired Larry. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1