What do you think about Amanda Bynes conservatorship? Should we try to help her? #FreeAmanda

dfffff

I've actually been following her secret Twitter account for years. Apparently she doesn't accept people anymore but always worth a shot trying. Her team have come out numerous times saying it's an imposter but I highly doubt it. There's a lot of videos and articles showing how the PersianLa27 account will post photos not seen elsewhere but they'll have things in the background from pictures on her official channels like certain shoes or mannequins (from her fashion school days, that she may still be in). The Paper magazine shoot she did a few years back was beautiful. But she had posted about being pregnant and then seems to have lost it and her team came out and said she was never pregnant, which is terrible. But she had uploaded a sonogram and everything. I hope she gets out of it soon. Also all those rumors about Dan Schneider? Vile. These convervatorships are terrible and as are the people who are around children who work in entertainment.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, L Bob said:

I've actually been following her secret Twitter account for years. Apparently she doesn't accept people anymore but always worth a shot trying. Her team have come out numerous times saying it's an imposter but I highly doubt it. There's a lot of videos and articles showing how the PersianLa27 account will post photos not seen elsewhere but they'll have things in the background from pictures on her official channels like certain shoes or mannequins (from her fashion school days, that she may still be in). The Paper magazine shoot she did a few years back was beautiful. But she had posted about being pregnant and then seems to have lost it and her team came out and said she was never pregnant, which is terrible. But she had uploaded a sonogram and everything. I hope she gets out of it soon. Also all those rumors about Dan Schneider? Vile. These convervatorships are terrible and as are the people who are around children who work in entertainment.

There was a new article from "her" lawyer (which probably means her mom's lawyer) who said she was pregnant and they were concerned about that...I kind of think she was forced to have an ******** but I not 100% sure...I find it so suspicious that so many of her files are sealed and her lawyer is coming out to comment in people magazine etc like team con did for "media matters"...

• Like 2
10 hours ago, L Bob said:

Hollywood is disgusting! 

• Love 1
On 9/15/2021 at 3:37 PM, Sea flower said:

Her case is very scary. Also, for the ones that are just finding out now, SL is also involved in her case. He was involved when Amanda was commited to the hospital. I also believe she was set up. When she got out of the hospital she spoke badly about him and her parents.

She was set up by SL. He is a "sober coach" remember. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SLV4U said:

I'm sorry, but I honestly think that Amanda needs the conservatorship. It's almost disrespectful to even compare her to Britney. 

The issue I have is that plenty of non-famous people have pulled stunts far worse than Amanda - yes, even the attempted fire - and not ended up under conservatorships. People whose families failed to get conservatorships over relatives with serious disorders such as schizophrenia, even after they wouldn’t take their meds and put themselves and others in serious danger.

Amanda voiced some very serious concerns regarding being forced to go out-of-network for psych care, spending $60,000 at a time. There’s something wrong here.

I live in the city of Chicago (the actual city, not the suburbs) where I see people on a daily basis do worse in public. Given my city’s reputation for craziness, I don’t think I need to elaborate further, ha. Just like jail didn’t help my alcoholic uncle (who almost had a class X felony after so many DUIs) turn his life around the way a rehab center did, I don’t think these types of powerful conservatorships that totally “unperson” individuals are helping people like Amanda.  It seems like they infantalize people and make them worse and more dependent - the same way mulitple stints in jail made my uncle worse until he worked with people who took him out of the negative environment and knew how to help him actually change.

I want to hear about other options like supported decision making.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, SLV4U said:

I'm sorry, but I honestly think that Amanda needs the conservatorship. It's almost disrespectful to even compare her to Britney. 

Amanda's not a vegetable. She apparently is under the same restrictive kind of cship as Britney, meant for people with Alzheimer's. I agree that her people made sure to not let any kind of abusive environment show, because they did everything right: allowed her to spend time off the spotlight, she spent many years in a mental health facility ( :( ), was allowed to pursue other interests (fashion), was not really silenced in plain sight (2019; 2018 interviews and Paper Magazine) and the estate cship was lifted off at some point (dont know if thats still the case). Nothing like Britney's that looked more like a money laundering scheme that was siphoning money off her tours.

But it all goes back to the point: Amanda's a human being and has the rights to have rights; a cship is not appropriate for her or anyone who has had similar problems. There are other less restrictive options. Especially when it's clear her mother's issue is over Amanda's medical treatment rather than estate and financial issues.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, NotBuyingIt said:

The issue I have is that plenty of non-famous people have pulled stunts far worse than Amanda - yes, even the attempted fire - and not ended up under conservatorships. People whose families failed to get conservatorships over relatives with serious disorders such as schizophrenia, even after they wouldn’t take their meds and put themselves and others in serious danger.

Amanda voiced some very serious concerns regarding being forced to go out-of-network for psych care, spending $60,000 at a time. There’s something wrong here.

I live in the city of Chicago (the actual city, not the suburbs) where I see people on a daily basis do worse in public. Given my city’s reputation for craziness, I don’t think I need to elaborate further, ha. Just like jail didn’t help my alcoholic uncle (who almost had a class X felony after so many DUIs) turn his life around the way a rehab center did, I don’t think these types of powerful conservatorships that totally “unperson” individuals are helping people like Amanda.  It seems like they infantalize people and make them worse and more dependent - the same way mulitple stints in jail made my uncle worse until he worked with people who took him out of the negative environment and knew how to help him actually change.

I want to hear about other options like supported decision making.

OMG--Sorry off topic, I live in chicago too. South side--hyde park! 

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, OutofKontrol said:

OMG--Sorry off topic, I live in chicago too. South side--hyde park! 

Edgewater for me! Previously Lakeview East. My mother’s family, however, goes back to Beverly. So they’re White Sox fans, of course.

Love Hyde Park - people wonder why I travel down to U of C for doctors when Northwestern is closer. Because not only are they the best, but I can WFH and hit up the Oriental Institute of U of C after!

Also, Britney definitely used to cite Chicago as her favorite city in the late 90s/very early 00s. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Love 1
11 hours ago, SLV4U said:

I kind of agree. Amanda really was not well and almost set her dog on fire. She WAS a danger to herself and very sick. Britney was NEVER in the same situation as Amanda EVER. It is completely two different situations and they are not even a little similar other than TMZ reported Sam Lutfi set Amanda up to get in the cship with her parents - which really makes me side eye and wonder if Sam worked with Britney's parents secretly at the time. Just a thought.

• Like 1

I dont know much about her case, but for I what I know... Her case/situation is way different from Britney's. I mean, she was in a really bad place and, at least to me, she needed help because she could have been a danger to herself and to others. And she actually got so much better for a while with the cship. 

Having said that, I dont think that a conservatorship is the best option for someone who has mental struggles. It should always be the last option, when everything else failed. Again, I dont know how she got into the cship but if it's abusive,then we should help her. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, NotBuyingIt said:

Edgewater for me! Previously Lakeview East. My mother’s family, however, goes back to Beverly. So they’re White Sox fans, of course.

Love Hyde Park - people wonder why I travel down to U of C for doctors when Northwestern is closer. Because not only are they the best, but I can WFH and hit up the Oriental Institute of U of C after!

Also, Britney definitely used to cite Chicago as her favorite city in the late 90s/very early 00s. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

I love Edgewater! Great food up there & great bars!

Hyde park is a hidden gem to people from the north side haha. 

I would so Love if Britney moved to Chicago. She could live on Obama's block....free security for her 24/7 365 hahaha 

• Love 1
  • 1 month later...
On 9/17/2021 at 12:03 PM, SLV4U said:

It's comments like these that make me concerned Amanda's legal team has infiltrated this site. 

It's very obvious that Amanda's mother's lawyer has regularly gone on TV to talk about Britney's case to try to make it seem like their cases are very different. It's spin and PR - very transparent.

What makes me concerned about Amanda's conservatorship are past comments by Amanda's co-star like 15 years ago where he mentioned that Amanda's family was controlling and she had financial issues with them even way back when.

• Like 1