What do you think about Amanda Bynes conservatorship? Should we try to help her? #FreeAmanda

dfffff

On 11/15/2021 at 9:26 PM, Sea flower said:

Please be careful when throwing such accusations that easily. It was already clarified in this thread. Yes, she tried to set up a driveway on fire, not her dog. She made fire and the dog was with her and ended injured. It was an accident, but yes, she needed help. But doesn't mean she needs to be locked up forever, mental illness patients need support not to be locked up.

Okay, but it still can't be compared to Britneys situation. Amanda did need help, she could have killed that dog and start a fire, harmed others. I dont feel she had any control whatsoever at the time. She didnt seek help on her own despite all of these events. I totally get why they had to step in. Do i think there is less invasive methods? Yes absolutely, it should be last resort absolutely. I dont think Britney qualified for a c-ship. Amanda- maybe depending on if she refused any sort of help. She was a danger to people around her.

On 9/15/2021 at 6:37 AM, Sea flower said:

Her case is very scary. Also, for the ones that are just finding out now, SL is also involved in her case. He was involved when Amanda was commited to the hospital. I also believe she was set up. When she got out of the hospital she spoke badly about him and her parents.

Is there any website that has a timeline of Amanda's case? I'm not a fan of hers so I'm only reading these things and of course know her name and work as an actress, but don't follow her. But I do believe the #FreeBritney movement should continue its advocacy and if she needs help whoever can should look into it, so I'd like to know an *impartial* rundown of the facts around her situation 

I believe EVERY conservatorship should be reviewed. Including Amanda’s. Specifically her “treatment”. HOWEVER I will say, and this is just my opinion, Britney never appeared to be endangering herself or others (other than the time she had her son in her lap while trying to flee the paparazzi, which I DONT hold against her because she was a mother in a dangerous situation). However, Amanda threw a bong out of a window, lit a drive way on fire while holding her dog, as well as the now infamous and chaotic tweets that contributed to the damages to her reputation and career. ALSO, Amanda hasn’t been actively working in years. Contrast to Britney’s conservatorship where she was immediately thrown back into work and didn’t stop for 10 years. So at the very least we know Amanda’s parents are doing this for money. 

• Like 3

I don’t really know her situation but I’m definitely against all conservatorships in which the conservatee is not in a vegetative state.

I think the concept of conservatorships is indeed flawed from the start.

Be Free Season 4 GIF by The Office

The problem I see is that I don’t think she has what Britney had, which is us - the most amazing fan base in the world.

I personally believe Britney should reach out to her and talk to her in person; she’ll be able to identity the sings of an abusive conservatorship and then use her voice to advocate for Amanda - how do we tell Britney to at least look into it?

I’m so terrified at conservatorships in general.