What do you think about Amanda Bynes conservatorship? Should we try to help her? #FreeAmanda

dfffff

I think all conservatorships need to be reassessed but I think they are different cases. 

amandas family got her in one & then helped get her on track.  Helped her get into fashion school & work on herself.  Didn’t push her back into showbiz to make them money.   But with that said if she wants freedom & to do what she wants then she should be able to.  Just because someone may make bad decisions & go down a wrong path (possibly) doesn’t warrant having control over them.  It’s sad to watch ppl go down wrong paths but it’s their lives & decisions in the end. 

5 hours ago, HIM said:

Can we just cancel all conservatorships :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

Conservatorships are necessary at times , my mom was my grandma's conservator when she couldn't walk and speak/function anymore , it's not all like in Britney's case where people abuse it to steal money and power . 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, allthat88 said:

I think all conservatorships need to be reassessed but I think they are different cases. 

amandas family got her in one & then helped get her on track.  Helped her get into fashion school & work on herself.  Didn’t push her back into showbiz to make them money.   But with that said if she wants freedom & to do what she wants then she should be able to.  Just because someone may make bad decisions & go down a wrong path (possibly) doesn’t warrant having control over them.  It’s sad to watch ppl go down wrong paths but it’s their lives & decisions in the end. 

This is literally what even the most die hard Britney fans thought about hers. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ExXL said:

Conservatorships are necessary at times , my mom was my grandma's conservator when she couldn't walk and speak/function anymore , it's not all like in Britney's case where people abuse it to steal money and power . 

Conservatorships are not needed. In Europe we don't have such a thing and everyone is fine. 

• Like 2

:tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: For any people saying that Amanda, or anyone else with similar conservatorship (including Britney) needs, or ever needed conservatorship; FYI there's a lot, I mean A LOT of alternatives to it. In fact conservatorship should be the absolutely last resort when nothing else works and the person is unable to take care of their basic needs. It's funny that some people just agrees that it's okay to have another person to take LEGAL OWNERSHIP of someones human rights and their money just because they went through harder times or are disabled. Conservatorship (guardianship) has always been problematic and faulty system and people under it around the world have fought against it for years, even before Britney's case.

These people wouldn't be under one if they didn't have huge amounts of money.

• Like 3
  • Content Curators

Amanda shouldn't be subjected to a "probate" conservatorship when her mental health is being used against her. Like Britney she's being exploited by her parents and predatory attorneys to keep her trapped. She isn't capacitated so why isn't she in a LPS arrangement if they keep coming back to her mental state? Something fishy is going on there. Free Amanda! 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Adam Wiatrowski97 said:

We do but it has a different name (Germany has die Vormundschaft) 🧐😑 conservatorships are sometimes needed - there are people who cant really funcion properly and are danger to themselves. You cant free everyone. 

Vormundschaft is not a thing in Germany anymore. It's called "rechtliche Betreuung" now. I was in one. it's supposed to be a reformed version or something.

So I'm going to be fully transparent here, I don't think I could be as invested in Amanda's case as I have been with Britney's case. I already suffer from anxiety but I endure because of my appreciation and love for Britney, but I'm really not invested in Amanda that much that I can endure the same anxiety and invest so much of time in helping to set her free. I'm not familiar with her case either, I of course hope she gets her freedom back, but I don't think I could spend literally hours out of my day in helping her set free.

8 hours ago, ExXL said:

Then it needs 100% reform bc they be slapping conservatorships on people who can still speak and tell left and right. 

Amanda’s case is weird. She does have very erratic behavior like fighting and starting fires but maybe all she needs is a psychiatrist and life coach. Is she even as rich as Britney? 

55 minutes ago, HIM said:

Then it needs 100% reform bc they be slapping conservatorships on people who can still speak and tell left and right. 

Amanda’s case is weird. She does have very erratic behavior like fighting and starting fires but maybe all she needs is a psychiatrist and life coach. Is she even as rich as Britney? 

I'm not talking about Britney's case at all , obviously I'm Team #freebritney , but if a person is not in Control of their actions and is being a danger to themselves and their surroundings I think we can all(most) agree that they need a professional treatment and unfortunately talking to a psychiatrist doesn't always solve the problem, I don't know exactly what is with Amanda , but I was talking generally , sometimes when people are sick and can't treat themselves there are legal actions that are supposed to help . It's supposed to help the conservatee not exploit them .

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Persona said:

Vormundschaft is not a thing in Germany anymore. It's called "rechtliche Betreuung" now. I was in one. it's supposed to be a reformed version or something.

But still the idea behind conservatorships doesnt have to be Britney’s case. 

and Thanks for providing me With new information! I am not German I only graduated from German studies and used to pass my A levels there

• Like 1
On 9/15/2021 at 3:57 PM, icybaby said:

1. Amanda is not that rich and she is not working so even if there r things like abuse at least they do not use her to make more money (Britney situation).

2. She tried to kill her dog, so i believe she has some real diagnosis

3.Still if ppl abuse her health by giving her medicine she doesn't need it should be investigated

She was on a lot of *****. 

But what made me sad is she announced her pregnancy on Instagram and then disappeared for a while. I quit following her a while back and don't know what happened to her. 

On 9/15/2021 at 6:57 AM, icybaby said:

1. Amanda is not that rich and she is not working so even if there r things like abuse at least they do not use her to make more money (Britney situation).

2. She tried to kill her dog, so i believe she has some real diagnosis

3.Still if ppl abuse her health by giving her medicine she doesn't need it should be investigated

This. There doesn’t seem to be much “motivation” like in Britney’s case (ie money). If Amanda was still actively working and making profit I would see why it would be more enticing to look into this but the fact of the matter is that at least to me the conservatorship has only (for the most part) benefited her. If I’m not mistaken she’s gone back to school and accomplished quite a lot. Aside from that video where she complains about her insurance situation, there doesn’t seem to be any reason to be genuinely worried for her. I see a lot of videos and tweets that equate her situation to Britney’s but I really just don’t see the similarities. Everything pointed out is so circumstantial and based on so much hearsay/fans just wanting it to be like Britney’s. I never bought the whole “burner account” thing. 

but honestly at the end of the day I could be completely wrong. I just hope I’m not

• Love 2
  • Like 1

But didn't Amanda Bynes do a lot of harmful things a few years back? I thought she was like throwing her bong out of her apartment window from high up and then didn't they catch her like pouring gasoline over someone's yard and setting it on fire and when the cops got there they found she had poured gasoline on the dog also? I could've sworn too I saw she got diagnosed with schizophrenia or something. Good she got helped and went to fashion school and she seemed to be doing better, but she seemed like she actually needed the conservatorship at the time. I'm not invested at all in her so I don't know what she's been up to recently, but I don't see why she can't be let out free if she's been doing better... hopefully everything has improved and gotten a lot better for her mentally

• Like 1