New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 3:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

What do you think about Amanda Bynes conservatorship? Should we try to help her? #FreeAmanda

dfffff

While I don’t think Amanda deserves the constraints of a conservatorship AT ALL (and we should fight for her to have something less restrictive), their situations are extremely different.

Comparing them both in the peak of the “low times”…Britney shaved her head, partied a lot, potentially had an issue with alcohol/drug abuse (unconfirmed), was hospitalized twice (both of which have very strange and head-scratching stories behind them) and beyond that we don’t know much else.  She drove around a lot and caused chaos in the streets, but that was due to the paparazzi and California’s complete failure to restrict actions of the paparazzi.  Even the umbrella incident was a product of the paparazzi.  Even if her hospitalizations were necessary and legit…millions of people have mental health breakdowns and don’t get conserved.  She never got arrested, never hurt anyone, never hurt herself that we know of, etc.

Amanda, on the other hand, did have confirmed substance abuse issues, she caused chaos with her actions in public, she was arrested multiple times, drove while impaired, etc.

In addition, we have solid facts and proof that Britney’s conservatorship was fraudulent, exploitative, and abusive.  No capacity declaration from the get-go, leaches using her money for their own investment, forcing her to work, using her children as pawns, controlling every aspect of her life, etc.  There were legitimate reasons to call out her conservatorship, team, the state of California, and the LA County probate court.  We don’t know much about Amanda’s conservatorship or how her team are using/handling her money and her.  So I think it’s somewhat unreasonable to consider fighting for Britney but not Amanda (as hard, because people are fighting for her too)  as hypocritical or showing more support to one person over another.  Amanda’s actions in the peak of her lows were legitimately concerning and scary.  Amanda was also never nearly as big of a star as Britney.  Britney’s team saw the world’s biggest star losing her chances of continuing to have a massively lucrative career…so they acted to get control and get her “back on track.”  She needed help, but no where in her lows was Britney at a point where she couldn’t care for herself or anyone else.

Amanda should be fought for, but to my knowledge, she’s still battling some of her demons.  It’s unjust to imply the same thing with Amanda as we did with Britney.  Britney didn’t need help beyond someone educating her on life outside of a conservatorship, financial management, and proper medication and therapy.  Amanda, likely, does still require some intensive work.  While I don’t feel anyone of their ages/abilities deserves a conservatorship, we should fight for Amanda to get more appropriate help rather than a conservatorship.  Simply saying “Free Amanda” implies that we can say their situations are comparable, when they aren’t.  We watched Britney work her butt off for 13 years - memorizing choreography (despite dementia claims), memorizing lines for acting roles, working on live television, never missing shows (other than when she got hurt), filming videos/discussing creating video concepts, etc…Amanda has not been active in her showbiz career for us to have the same level of understanding of her capacity as we are Britney’s.

So yeah, Ananda DOES need to be freed from her conservatorship, but I’m not as confident with her as I am with Britney that she doesn’t need some serious help still.  Feel free to PM me if you have serious details that show her team is as corrupt as Britney’s because I have probably missed a lot of information over the years and I want to be as informed as possible.  I just remembered the pregnancy thing and that broke my heart if she was truly pregnant, but they made her have an abortion.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

I mean didn't they pass a law that the conservertee can request a new conservator... If she had some sort of issue I feel like removing her mother would be the first step. Parents tend to be over protective when they don't need to be... I do agree Amanda seemed like she was spiriling out of control at the time... I noticed it to much because I experiencd something like that in person... So there is no doubt she was on drugs... However she does seem to be in a different place now and we can't keep looking back if we want to move forward.... So I hope she is able to be happy in life..I just wouldn't know where to begin with amanda

Didn't amanda almost kill her dog? Soaked dog in gasoline and was gonna put dog on fire? Whatever it was , it was bad enough for me to feel she does need someone looking after her so she doesn't hurt humans or animals.

There is no excuse for that, you just dont hurt animals. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Lotte said:

Didn't amanda almost kill her dog? Soaked dog in gasoline and was gonna put dog on fire? Whatever it was , it was bad enough for me to feel she does need someone looking after her so she doesn't hurt humans or animals.

She should have been arrested for this, not put in a conservatorship. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, elodiebeaaa said:

It's comments like these that make me concerned Amanda's legal team has infiltrated this site. 

It's very obvious that Amanda's mother's lawyer has regularly gone on TV to talk about Britney's case to try to make it seem like their cases are very different. It's spin and PR - very transparent.

What makes me concerned about Amanda's conservatorship are past comments by Amanda's co-star like 15 years ago where he mentioned that Amanda's family was controlling and she had financial issues with them even way back when.

Can you link me to where Amanda's co-star said that? I have been an Amanda fan for years, but never heard this about her family.

• Like 1

I don't know how anyone in here could be okay with Amanda Bynes being in conservatorship but not Britney. I see more similarities than differences in their stories... Britney's is just magnified100x bigger because she had more wealth and fame. Amanda has a micro estate compared to Britney--but Im sure still it's enough to keep her family wanting to control it and her, right?

I think we need to take it back to her years at Nickelodeon... Why hasn't this Dan Schneider scandal ever broke to the mainstream? He seems to be a shady figure in a lot of these child actor stories. Like this should be even more scandalous than the Harvey Weinstein situation because these were children and teenagers. Especially if the Jamie Lynn rumors are true.

Hollywood is so sick and f.u.c.k.ed up!

Of course Amanda fell into issues with substances, how could we blame her for that? Dealing with the level of fame and scrutiny that all the 2000s girls had was probably so difficult to live with. 

I hope she's okay wherever she is right now!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lotte said:

How do we know that even true? I mean, there are soooo many fake rumors about Britney as well.

2 hours ago, Lotte said:

Please be careful when throwing such accusations that easily. It was already clarified in this thread. Yes, she tried to set up a driveway on fire, not her dog. She made fire and the dog was with her and ended injured. It was an accident, but yes, she needed help. But doesn't mean she needs to be locked up forever, mental illness patients need support not to be locked up.

• Like 2

Conservatorships should not exist, period. There is a reason why disability activists have been campaigning to get them abolished for decades. 

Also if we’re talking about parallels between her and Britney’s case, Amanda has previously spoken about how strict and controlling her father is (she also alleged that he abused her), right from childhood. As we know from Britney, not being well doesn’t mean your (alleged) abuser gets to control your life, financially or otherwise. 

I’m not sure why people think #FreeAmanda would have different goals than #FreeBritney. Different contexts, yes, and of course I recommend researching more. But at the end of day people shouldn’t have been campaigning for Britney’s freedom because they thought she “wasn’t disabled/mentally unwell enough” or because they wanted her career to be different, but because they saw a human being’s autonomy and rights has been stripped away by a corrupt system. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

I feel like the most glaring difference is she is not working or being asked to work or trying to work. No one is profiting off of her or her situation to the same degree as Britney. 
she didn’t have the hundreds of millions Britney had that other people could steal from either. 
That’s not to say that all this is above board and legal and ethical. I don’t believe that for a minute. But I think it needs be remarked that the Britney movement was largely a take down of direct exploitation of Britney  that made us, the fans, a part of the cycle of abuse and I’m just not seeing that here. 

• Like 1