What do you think about Amanda Bynes conservatorship? Should we try to help her? #FreeAmanda

dfffff

1 hour ago, AP4 said:

Amanda literally soaked her dog in gasoline and tried to set it on fire in someone’s driveway. She became a threat to no only herself but others as well.

As far as i recall she was indeed trying to set on fire somebody's driveway, not the dog. The dog was there with her and ended up in the middle of the chaos. I don't think it is the same. Still it was dangerous and she needed help, but doesn't justify a conservatorship until 2023.

• Love 4

Amanda is a completely different situation. I have met her multiple times when I was in treatment. She NEEDS/wants a handler to take care of everything for her. She does not love the conservatorship, but she says it has helped her in some ways. Her parents are ********* though, but she does make a lot of risky and volatile decisions. She does not have the same issues as Britney. Britney has disorders around emotional regulation. And people mocked and gaslit her for that. Amanda is an addict who needs some sort of support and structure. I do know that there is an end to Amanda’s within the next couple of years. 

• Love 3

I don't agree with c-ships at all and if what Amanda is saying is true then it's incredibly ****ed up. But she also really struggles with her mental health (she has both bipolar disorder and schizophrenia), so even if she wasn't in a c-ship she would really need someone to help and guide her along the way. I'll always be rooting for her either way.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Heybritneygirl said:

Amanda is a completely different situation. I have met her multiple times when I was in treatment. She NEEDS/wants a handler to take care of everything for her. She does not love the conservatorship, but she says it has helped her in some ways. Her parents are ********* though, but she does make a lot of risky and volatile decisions. She does not have the same issues as Britney. Britney has disorders around emotional regulation. And people mocked and gaslit her for that. Amanda is an addict who needs some sort of support and structure. I do know that there is an end to Amanda’s within the next couple of years. 

Addiction shouldn't require a conservatorship...there is other support for that which doesn't strip you of your human rights...

I think we can help Amanda by shinning a light on the conservatorship...most of her files are kept from the public...the only files that should be kept are her medical files...everything else in probate court should be public and we should push for that...

Also somewhat unrelated...I read her documents for when she was first put into conservatorship and she didn't set her dog on fire...she tried to start a camp fire on someone's drive way and gas got on the dog so she went to a store or gas station and went to the back to wash the dog off with water...not exactly sound of mind but not dangerous or malicious either...

• Like 3

Something has never sit right with me about her case.  For one, she doesn’t deserve to have her entire life and liberties taken away from her due to mental health issues.

But she legit, over night, went from so put together to completely losing control.  She was always such a breath of fresh air…something horrible absolutely happened to trigger the issues she has faced.  She also seems to, still, struggle immensely…so her conservatorship obviously isn’t helping her that much.  No one should ever be under the restraints like this at such a young age unless they are, legitimately close to death or in a vegetative state.  It’s absurd.  Find ways to actually help her (because I do believe she has very serious mental health issues that are far more severe than Britney’s)…it’s been years and she still seems to struggle.  It’s so sad.  If a conservatorship doesn’t help, why is it in place? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, G-unit said:

Something has never sit right with me about her case.  For one, she doesn’t deserve to have her entire life and liberties taken away from her due to mental health issues.

But she legit, over night, went from so put together to completely losing control.  She was always such a breath of fresh air…something horrible absolutely happened to trigger the issues she has faced.  She also seems to, still, struggle immensely…so her conservatorship obviously isn’t helping her that much.  No one should ever be under the restraints like this at such a young age unless they are, legitimately close to death or in a vegetative state.  It’s absurd.  Find ways to actually help her (because I do believe she has very serious mental health issues that are far more severe than Britney’s)…it’s been years and she still seems to struggle.  It’s so sad.  If a conservatorship doesn’t help, why is it in place? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You can only hold so much before an explosion.  Talking about it, and not being ignored or told to sweep it under the rug (which I'm sure a majority of older millennials had dealt with that views on mental health and such issues),  you can only handle being ignored so much before an explosion happens thats6out of your control. 

My parents being born in the 30s viewed therapy and mental health as an excuse to be lazy and not real but devil's voodoo 

People losing control all of a sudden is standard psychiatry. It’s called a trigger. Something triggered her breakdown/psychotic break. Maybe all Amanda needs is someone else to take over the conservatorship if what she says about her parents is true. In that case, something needs to be done asap, as I’ve already said in my first post. However I agree with the user that said we don’t know enough and we can’t say for sure what she said is true. During my several stays at psychiatric facilities I met a lot of schizophrenic people. Some not struggling too bad, totally capable of being on their own. Others the complete opposite. Saying mental illness doesn’t warrant a conservatorship is not always true unfortunately. Sometimes, if you’re a danger to yourself or others, it might be needed, at least for a little while. In that case, the focus should be on the court properly monitoring this cship to ensure Amanda’s wellbeing. Independent doctors, regular check ups. IMO.

• Like 1

Maybe she shouldn't be in a conservatorship but she definitely needs professional help , mental illnesses are no joke , and should be treated like any other illness , this poor girl is dealing with schizophrenia if the claims are true and she needs someone to look after her , it's her decision if she wants to keep the conservatorship or not .... As far as I'm concerned nobody really asked her if she wants to end her conservatorship , and yes sometimes it's unfortunately necessary .... In Britney's case it's different .

• Like 2

https://www.facebook.com/1524555994/posts/10226283655307500/

So Britney spears is in a conservatorship..

The whole world knows that, but there's also another celebrity in one and unlike Britney her story hasn't even made national headlines at all.

And NBC is the first to call out the media for ignoring the story of Amanda Bynes, while sharing the story of global pop phenom Britney spears..

I'm actually glad a media has the balls to say, you're really not fair when you're completely ignoring someone else's story while talking about another celebrity story that we all denied and called her fans crazy, until she talked. 

Will it take Amanda to talk to help her out as well? If the answer is yes, then we have to look inside of us, to actually say how can we live if we let celebrities get abused, but will fight for a normal citizen who isn't famous.

@Jordan Miller

@Slayer

• Love 2

the two cases must be very different, however it's the whole conservatorship system that needs to be looked at, since we know from Britney that is full of loopholes and cracks and zero regulation from a higher authority

For starters we should look at the background of both, in Amanda's case, what is her diagnosis, what things have they tried before the cship, what things has she done in these years that actually prove she doesn't need a conservatorship, what proof of abuse exist in her case?

The bottom line is that in fact, a conservatorship in any case is the most extreme resource one can try to help a person, so it's strange people this young are getting into them. However it also seems a bit inappropriate to say that Amanda and Britney are under the same circumstances, when it's been more evident that Amanda indeed has other underlying problems, at least much more evident than whatever Britney is supposed to have.

Of course every case of abuse should get some light, not just Amanda's, but what did y'all expect when it took more than a decade even for Britney to be taken seriously. This might be the beginning of a revolution in the world of conservatorships and guardianships, a reform is needed but ultimately every case must be analyzed individually, and we can't just assume every case is just like Britney's

• Love 2
  • Like 5

i'm starting to think all these lawyers never had the parents of these conservatees alternatives options, like managed decision making. There was an article someone posted on here last month about a young woman with disabilities who got out of a conservatorship but she has help like managed decision making. But I think in the case of Brit and amanda the lawyers only tell the parents the conservator ship is the only option bc they get more money

1 hour ago, WhatTheHellWhoCares? said:

I think her situation is a bit different, but definitely her parents shouldn’t be in charge of her conservatorship if she does not want them to be. It should be a non biased 3rd party. 

My problem is she's a celebrity, how can anybody be non bias to not take advantage of her. 

I care alot showed that anybody can look nice and still be a monster. 

Sociopaths know how to walk among us and take advantage of people behind closed doors and we could never know cos they know how to put on the act and use body language to intimidate the victim when acting normal.

That's also another problem.  Nobody cares to watch body language anymore that's how team con was able to get away with so much. 

Nobody watched The body language of Britney spears to know she was trying to get a message out, while being watched under surveillance at the meet ahd greets 

Mental health is really complex. In this case, we know for a fact Amanda is actually severely ill. We as fans need to get familiar with her case first before barging in demanding her to be freed. You do not want to force something like that if she’s not 100% ready, the consequences could be severe. And I know you might think I sound like team con rn, but their cases are different. One thing for sure, people should put attention on Amanda’s parents. Having relatives as guardians can be both good or bad, especially when you’re a celebrity.

I definitely agree the whole system needs to change though. One thing, conservatees need the option to always be able to speak up and ask for help and be taken seriously, no matter what. Right now, cships allow vulnerable people to be silenced against their will and it’s hardly controlled. Best example Britney herself. 

• Love 4