BREAKING: Britney Spears' father files petition to end conservatorship after 13 years!

Moscow

1 minute ago, blissfuloutsider said:

HMMMM 

I am guessing there's been a lot of mis appropriation of funds, poor Britney.. She will RECOVER. I pray or her strength during all of this, because they already took so much from her.. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad: 

Should be interesting to see how this all plays out. Personally I hope she sues the state of California for a lot of money for allowing it to go on for this long, for him to all the sudden say oh she doesn't need it now.. 

This is my hope, too. 

Rosengart is a master litigator. He will have a plan that has distinct phases to hold all culpable parties guilty. 

We are in phase 1. End the conservatorship. Next comes punitive litigation.

OMG I can't believe this is happening. :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Watch Me Work It said:

(not the court docs from today)

so here's the catch apparently

Im not a lawyer but that doesn’t sound accurate at all. Daddy R said they’re going full speed ahead with looking into charges and the investigation. I don’t see how him no longer being a cons would free him from any wrong doing just because it ended 

• Love 1
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, CallMeTheGovernor said:

So Jamie & Co won’t be legally prosecuted for all the mess they did to her? :jlostare_jennifer_lopez_staring_blink:

So we won't know until we see the document.

Emily D Baker made a point that its far easier to investigate potentional fraud, money laundering, financial abuse etc done by Jamie, as conservator, if he's removed but the conservatorship is still in place, from a purely strategic place. If its dissolved first, it could draw it out and make it harder to tie down; Emily is incredibly Free Britney, and is an experienced forensic accounting lawyer, I believe.

So, with that said, it's clear that Jamie had, to some degree, engaged in precious negotiations that gave him immunity, as suggested by Rosengart, with Ingham. However, Rosengart on behalf of Britney was refusing to accept any agreement that benefited Jamie legally, or financially. His argument was clear; if Jamie truly cared, he'd let a professional do the job. If Jamie fights, he doesn't care. His choice of replacement were incredibly skilled in their fields, i mean, we're entering global political scandal good!

He also made it clear that he wants to investigate Jamie.

So, Jamie has nowhere left to turn or any argument left to make; if he fights, he is removed and the investigation happens. 

We do need to wait until we see the documentation, but its clear that this could be a last ditch attempt to jumpship without repercussions on the basis that an investigation know would require more access to documents, and there would be a less immediate access to the court, as the courts will not be as legally responsible if it is dissolved....

....that being said, this framing does also feel like a last ditch attempt for some kind of redemption in the public eye. Let's wait until we see the documents.

• Love 3
  • Like 6
3 minutes ago, Watch Me Work It said:

(not the court docs from today)

so here's the catch apparently

The is NO WAY he wouldn’t be charged with it!!! This doesn’t make any sense. It’s like committing a crime while drunk and being innocent when sober! You’d still have to pay the consequences for that. This isn’t even logical. If HE really did something and the conservatorship ends and Rosengart finds out, he’d definitely have to pay, at least that’s how I see it. Any lawyers in here that can clear things out?

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

my understanding is that even if Jamie asks for it, the judge still can't say no.

Like, I don't think she will at this point, but the final decision has never been on Jamie's hands. He could've of course stepped down years ago, or asked an evaluation to terminate it, and that would've surely sped up the process, but technically the judge still has to dictate that.

True, which is why these documents will be important to understand the exacts, but the Judge can only deny it if there's reason to. If all parties are agreed, there's no reason to prolong it....other than bad filings or personal bias.

• Love 2