What do you think of Lynne Spears?

My opinion is that I have always found Lynne to be a fake person. I remember, a documentary dedicated to Britney, where it was said that she would pass over anyone to make Britney famous. And then, the book thing ... your daughter is in trouble and what do you decide to do? Publish a book where you tell all kinds of stories ... OMG I hope I'm wrong, but I've always had this feeling.

Screenshot-2021-08-19-21-41-18-172-com-a

• Love 3

I really want to believe she loves Britney, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to give her the benefit of the doubt. I get that she's also a victim of Jamie's abuse and that may have kept her from standing up to him on Britney's behalf, but why does she suddenly have the strength to take her side now? I can't help but think she's trying to protect her image after Britney called out her family. 

It's also telling that Britney pays for Lynne's house and housekeeping. Could Lynne just be shmoozing her daughter because she knows Jamie's time is almost up and she wants to stay on the payroll?

• Love 4
  • Like 5
6 minutes ago, HeyWhatsUpItsBrit said:

I really want to believe she loves Britney, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to give her the benefit of the doubt. I get that she's also a victim of Jamie's abuse and that may have kept her from standing up to him on Britney's behalf, but why does she suddenly have the strength to take her side now? I can't help but think she's trying to protect her image after Britney called out her family. 

It's also telling that Britney pays for Lynne's house and housekeeping. Could Lynne just be shmoozing her daughter because she knows Jamie's time is almost up and she wants to stay on the payroll?

totally agree

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, HeyWhatsUpItsBrit said:

this

• Love 1

In my heart and how I can read things ...she is not an awful person. She has deep regrets. She wishes she trusted her gut more. There is no ill will towards Britney just an enormous sadness when they are around eachother. Nothing goes smoothly like it does with her other kids. She feels an huge disconnect with Britney and i can feel it started in 1997-98 already. It doesn't feel like a mother daugher relationship. Lynne perhaps had to step out of that role for some reason. I feel she did so for Britneys sake, she felt she hold her back by being too much of a mother. Does that makes sense?

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Lynn probably has regrets over pushing Britney into stardom and leaving her to fend for herself essentially. Britney gained a new mother role from Fe because Lynn wasn’t around. Being a parent is hard. Realizing you’ve made mistakes you can never take back is hard. Knowing your children don’t have to forgive for those mistakes is hard. I think that’s why she’s stepping up now. Even if Britney doesn’t forgive her it’s how she’s going to forgive herself for failing her. I believe Lynn thought the conservatorship would only be a few months maybe a year, and that this was the only way to help their struggling adult daughter that very clearly needed help and wasn’t getting it. I’m sure she was always a stage mom. That doesn’t mean she doesn’t love her daughter. Jamie’s lawyer claims Lynn hasn’t been around because Britney didn’t want her around. That may very well be true. They had a falling out very publicly. Britney may have never gotten over that especially after the conservatorship was in place, she likely resented her mom for allowing her dad to take over her life like that. 

and I believe Britney pays for Lynn’s house because it’s legally Britney’s house. Lynn obviously can’t afford it. But if it wasn’t Britney paying for it the bank would likely own it. Britney didn’t pay for the house outright she had it built. Once she’s free I’m sure everyone will have a clear understanding if Britney is ok paying for it, because she’ll either kick Lynn out, sell it, rent it, or continue to pay for it allowing Lynn to stay. 

• Like 2

She's tacky. Of course I think anybody is tacky when it concerns making money off somebody that's going through **** or are dead and can't defend themselves. That's what made me lose all respect in William Shatner even though I'd liked him for years. I could acknowledge the ******* moments. You don't have that many people talking about you being an ******* without it being true, ya know? Anyway, he had a falling out with Leonard Nimoy before Leonard passed away. I apologize for being crude with this next part. I sincerely doubt Leonard's corpse was cold before William talked about writing a book about their friendship. Just really left a bad taste in my mouth because I sincerely doubt Leonard would've been writing a book before Shatner's body was cold if the roles were reversed and William had died before Leonard.

So yeah, it's not really a good look to be making money off one daughter struggling in one way and the other daughter struggling with a teenage pregnancy. I never read the book so I'm not sure if both daughters got equal space in the book or if Britney was the one talked about the most because Lynne had the sense to realize people would probably be buying or reading the book for Britney stuff.

• Love 1

She’s a complicated mess of a person. A mixed bag so to speak. She’s a victim of abuse and probably lives with a lot of regret over some of the decisions she’s made. She’s been spending the past 3 years or so trying to right her wrongs (particularly with Britney), but at some point she’s going to have to accept that what’s done is done and that she can’t take any of it back. Like I said before, when Britney is free she’ll get a Christmas card every year (minimal contact) while the rest of the family will get no contact. 

• Like 2

At this moment I dont think I can say what I really think of her without getting another warning 😂. So well leave it there...

I dont think she is an awful person but I do not believe she was or has been a great mother to Britney, esp in recent years.  She's terribly dropped the ball and it pains me to say that.  But I truly believe there will be information dropping in the coming months that will more than likely detail this thought.