What do you think of Lynne Spears?

I think she probably does love her daughter, but I think she loves the money and associated fame more and that is not how it is supposed to work when you are a mother. It goes without saying theΒ first priority needs to be supporting your child (whether they are child or an adult). She has always struck me as a very weak person, and I do have sympathy for any abuse she may have suffered.Β But this is all the more reason she should have protected her daughter from her father, knowing how things could turn out. She was probably one of the few people in 2008 that could have stopped this from happening. If she wants eventual forgiveness then it needs to come with accountability for her part in all of this.Β Β 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Sarah Kelly said:

I think she probably does love her daughter, but I think she loves the money and associated fame more and that is not how it is supposed to work when you are a mother. It goes without saying theΒ first priority needs to be supporting your child (whether they are child or an adult). She has always struck me as a very weak person, and I do have sympathy for any abuse she may have suffered.Β But this is all the more reason she should have protected her daughter from her father, knowing how things could turn out. She was probably one of the few people in 2008 that could have stopped this from happening. If she wants eventual forgiveness then it needs to come with accountability for her part in all of this.Β Β 

Even if it goes nowhere. Putting myself in Britney's shoes, I wouldn't have a damn thing to do with the whole lot of them. And I realize that's something easier said than done for some people. But after this kinda of betrayal, you gotta save yourself. There's no turning back the clock at this point and pretending "We're cool. Don't worry about robbing me of a huge chunk of my life! Love y'all!"

I just truly hope her sons are there for her and love her for being her instead of "She's Britney Spears. She makes bank!"

• Love 3
  • Like 1