Billboard: “ The Complicated Reality of Being a Britney Spears Fan During the Conservatorship”

This article looks good on the surface and then you get deeper into it and realise it's basically placing the blame on fans for supporting Britney during the conservatorship and how "divided" we've been. 

Here's a better idea: "How Britney's Conservatorship Conned Loyal Fans Into Fueling Their Criminal Activities"

Billboard should write an article that focuses on the CONTROL and POWER these people enjoy having over such a force as Britney. Even if us fans had not supported her the last 13 years she would still be in the conservatorship. Her perfume brand alone (which is def purchased by non fans) would bring in enough income for these leeches to live off.

"Spears' situation is a wholly unique confluence of circumstances: The reason she could be exploited this way for this long is because she has such loyal fans; if no one cared about her or her work anymore, she wouldn't be exploitable." 

This paragraph is bull****.

Even her refusal to work hasn't ended the conservatorship. The only thing that's starting to open the possibility of ending it was her getting a chance to speak openly about her experience with a public hearing and audio leaked to the media and the world.

Edited by nigel
added context
  • Like 2

I bought it all... cd’s (digital and physical), concert tickets, POM tickets, merch, DVD’s... and I don’t regret it one bit. Before I am anything I am a Britney Spears fan. When I purchased all of these items I did it with the pure intentions of supporting my queen, just like I’ve done for the last 20+ years. Britney knows her fans lover her and I don’t think she would hate us for unintentionally contributing funds to her handlers. If/when she returns (on her terms) I will still continue to support her until the day I die :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

• Like 1

this hasn’t been a normal stanning experience.

the cship arrived when i was 16 and i started having my own money, so my britney collection started to grow around that time. i own all the albums, a few singles, some official merch, all of her dvds and i went to two concerts. i bought all of that (except three of her albums) when she was under the cship so yeah i feel terrible.

i didn’t understand the freebritney movement when jordan changed the homepage to that picture of britney with handcuffs. i only knew she didn’t seem happy and that i would support any fan movement bc we were the only ones that supported her through her breakdown. but i didn’t give it a second thought until 2018, when i started thinking about boycotting the brand. i thought she just wasn’t into the music biz anymore and that she was traumatized bc of what happened in 2007. again, i feel terrible. sorry britney

I don't support Billboard since they did an article in 2016 declaring britney now lives in a world where Beyonce is queen Bey.

I wanted to scream this was how they started their review of Glory declaring 12 years Beyonce lived in a world dominated by Miss Spears, but that was 2004, this is 2016 and the position's have been flipped it's Britney now living in a world where queen bey is selling out stadiums and Britney is stuck doing Las Vegas 3,000 search theaters. The irony. 

I had to buy a new computer after beating it up. 

I don't think buying Britney's stuff made any significant difference in this matter for the simple fact that she was already, at the time, filthy rich! She would still be in the conservatorship! 

The only thing that the purchase of her work might influenced in is on her being force to work against her will. But, after hearing Britney feelings about how she thinks they may have wanted her kill, work against her will might be best of two evils. The only reason why she was kept alive is because she still has value and makes money. Otherwise, they could just make this simpler (if u know what I mean). 

Bottom line is: fans support of her work didn't do much for Britney situation, bad or good! It might have put some more money on the wrong pocket. But with or without the extra money, Britney situation would still be the same!

7 hours ago, Puppy said:

So they are just gonna ignore the time they took away our satisfaction by bumping her Blackout album to number 2 :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I will pass this injustice down to my children and instill it in them so deep they'll instill it into their children and so forth until it is written in the history books.  I will NEVER forgive Billboard nor EVER forget the day 😩😭

In fact, add them to the list of people I want to take down with team con.  You done have me living this moment over again 🤬

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
52 minutes ago, Tingle2mingle86 said:

I will pass this injustice down to my children and instill it in them so deep they'll instill it into their children and so forth until it is written in the history books.  I will NEVER forgive Billboard nor EVER forget the day 😩😭

In fact, add them to the list of people I want to take down with team con.  You done have me living this moment over again 🤬

Never Forget GIF

• Haha 1