Slate Magazine Calls #FreeBritney Advocates a “Fringe Fan Group” who “revealed nothing”

3 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Trying not to be annoyed lol.

no one cares about this magazine or person / please ignore it and dont feel bullied - be the bigger person and let it go, dont give it attention - you're only giving him clicks and opens. we know in our hearts that we are right.

britney said it herself - she welcomes and appreciates the informed decision of her many fans. she even had her boyfriend who she wants to have a kid with and marry wear a t-shirt with the #freebritney - this guy is just bitter.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

That's a good way of framing it. He also takes certain excerpts from people who might identify as Free Britney but paints everyone else in the same light. That's an unfair judgment from his perspective. He should take into account all the lawyers and protestors who tirelessly kept it in the spotlight 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Oh, what do we believe in? Tell us :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Yeah, i do believe in freedom, independence, own decisions, and an own will. 

No matter how much help do you need, you are still a human being! And you should respect people with some disabilities, not stealing from them! 

Wrong reasons? Bye :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

• Love 3

I'm not even reading that garbage.

But if they're gaslighting the movement as usual, they're completely wrong. The Britney's Gram girls, BJ, and literally all of us unearthed a huge bomb that was swept under the rug for too long, AND being loud and passionate helped the rest of the world keep up with us. Britney was fighting ALONE and too little people were aware of how unlawful this was. It's okay though, I think most of us don't seek attention, money or recognition. We'll just let our actions speak for themselves :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

• Love 1

part of what pushed the freebritney movement, if you were here at Exhale in 2019, is that we had actual advocates of conservatorship abuse coming in to give us a wider perspective of what is supposed to happen within a conservatorship and what is not. It also allowed us to comprehend why Britney's situation was even possible, because she's not the only one, she only happens to be the most famous case. We got that documentary from Las Vegas it was? about conservatorship abuse. 

Anyone that has been actually following the freebritney movement from its roots knows that it wasn't only about wanting to be vindicated or be right, but just to have justice served for Britney, and obviously a reform in the whole law for all the rest of the victims. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2
51 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

I disagree with his argument which, in his own words, is: “#FreeBritney fans have in fact revealed nothing.” Fans have actually unearthed information/documents that helped bring to light the corruption within the conservatorship. Sadly, most journalists like him haven’t taken Britney’s situation seriously or paid attention for the past 13 years. Fans have always had their suspicions and concerns, but until only recently have we been able to make outlets like New York Times to take it seriously.

It's the ignorance about what the movement really is. Remember at the very beginning, the media thought #freebritney was only about releasing her from the mental facility, but they never bother to check with an actual activist to hear that it was more than that. 

And as you say, not only the "journalists" don't bother to research on the movement, they don't even bother to look for the actual court documents that exist out there. They don't bother to research Britney's activities in the past 13 years, check the differences in her voice, her attitude, etc. The history of her case, which is available everywhere, the actual process of how she was put under the conservatorship and what the law says should be, etc. 

It's very easy to come and dismiss an entire movement or group of people, when you don't have any idea of what it really is about 

• Love 3
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

Am I missing something? Who crapped in his cornflakes this morning? 🤦🏻‍♂️ Who’s been celebrating Britney being abused, manipulated and bullied? 🤯🤷🏻‍♂️ The #freebritney movement is more than just a bunch of fans trying to be important or trying to insert themselves into Britney’s life. The movement is probably one of the reasons that Britney felt strong enough to speak out! Because she’s seen that other people can see she’s been mis-treated! If anything, what Britney revealed was way worse than what we all thought! This guy needs a reality check, and like you said, a balanced view. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
7 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It's the ignorance about what the movement really is. Remember at the very beginning, the media thought #freebritney was only about releasing her from the mental facility, but they never bother to check with an actual activist to hear that it was more than that. 

And as you say, not only the "journalists" don't bother to research on the movement, they don't even bother to look for the actual court documents that exist out there. They don't bother to research Britney's activities in the past 13 years, check the differences in her voice, her attitude, etc. The history of her case, which is available everywhere, the actual process of how she was put under the conservatorship and what the law says should be, etc. 

It's very easy to come and dismiss an entire movement or group of people, when you don't have any idea of what it really is about 

Yeah, his article is a lazy “analysis” of her fans, #FreeBritney, and really is just him complaining about a small fragment of our large fanbase/folks concerned about Britney and the abusive, fraud-laced conservatorship.

I’m glad we have folks like Samantha Stark and Liz Day in our corner. They have given the fans their recognition for amplifying the abuses within Britney’s conservatorship. I’d even go as far as to say that Framing Britney Spears probably wouldn’t have been produced if it hadn’t been for the vocal fans at the Courthouse or online who brought #FreeBritney to their attention. :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:
Hopefully this Slate journalist takes some time to actually look into the history of Britney’s conservatorship and maybe actually dialogue with fans. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

part of what pushed the freebritney movement, if you were here at Exhale in 2019, is that we had actual advocates of conservatorship abuse coming in to give us a wider perspective of what is supposed to happen within a conservatorship and what is not. It also allowed us to comprehend why Britney's situation was even possible, because she's not the only one, she only happens to be the most famous case. We got that documentary from Las Vegas it was? about conservatorship abuse. 

Anyone that has been actually following the freebritney movement from its roots knows that it wasn't only about wanting to be vindicated or be right, but just to have justice served for Britney, and obviously a reform in the whole law for all the rest of the victims. 

yes, I was one of the first to post documents that suggested she was fighting against the conservatorship for as long as it started... I brought many evidences and proceedings that showcased the complexity involved in her case and why people were not hearing directly from her about it at a time most fans were still not believing on it and even after I showed those proof was still called delusional by some. Now all that I showed and that many others claimed proved to be true by her own words - not that any of that was news to anyone following her case closely. 

I've been studying and researching about conservatorship abuse and mental health for a long time and certainly didn't do any revisionism of my access to Britney's case, if anything Britney's case was just included on my research and long before the #freebritney movement began I knew her case was really involved in shady practices and corruption by the structure of the arrengment - her father controlling both the state and the person and being able to have privileged access to her medical and management team which prompted situations such as her therapist receiving calls from her team about what she was doing at work, something unethical that should never happen.

Anyway, and this guy just jumped on this topic and suddenly knows all about it and wants to tell what the fans were fighting for or not. How pathetic. 

• Like 2

Professional journalists have been asking her the stupidest questions for 13 years..

Meanwhile we, the random people on the internet, created a movement that is making the US Congress want to invite her now, so excuse me sir but you'll have to go back writing your questions about vanilla candles somewhere else. :ban_britney_ff_femme_fatale: