Slate Magazine Calls #FreeBritney Advocates a “Fringe Fan Group” who “revealed nothing”

38 minutes ago, Stefani said:

We spent years telling people that Britney was being manipulated by Jamie and his little squad, now Brit has backed us up by spilling all the tea, and suddenly we're in the wrong? What? :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

Slate has a generally male focused centre left middle aged readership. I would worry too much about what he wrote.

The NYT (a universal global readership on another level) has already shown the #FreeBritney movement in a very favourable light and more importantly one that has give a voice to someone who has had her’s silenced and repressed! 

If anything, Britney’s recent testimony has confirmed almost everything that the #FreeBritney movement had being tirelessly fighting for all along, but has strengthen its legitimacy in most people’s eyes. 

People who do their due diligence know that there is a huge difference between the random social media conspiracy theorists and actual Britney fans who are part of the grassroots movement that is now a global phenomenon.

His words do not change a thing!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, nthenwkiss said:

she spoke out because she finally saw people would believe her - she said this, im not making this up.

why would people believe her now? because of #freebritney

what does #freebritney advocates in a nutshell? to end her conservatorship NOW. what did britney said herself in her testimony? she wants the conservatorship to end now... (there's more to it than just this but you get the point)

so i dont get it - sorry.

Yes! At the same time, they pressure about what Britney "has" to do, who she should date or not, whether she should or not be pregnant, if she should or not post things on Instagram, why is she  doing "weird" videos, who she should not be friends with, who is good or who is bad for her... The list goes on and on! Plus, all the rumors about who is indeed involved in all of this, all the theories about whats really going on that are sell as facts, the death treats throwing at that people no one knows for sure if is involved, including to family members of this people, even children. So, that's my point! There is two sides on this movement and, in that particular point I quote, the writer is not completely wrong!

2 hours ago, nthenwkiss said:

she spoke out because she finally saw people would believe her - she said this, im not making this up.

why would people believe her now? because of #freebritney

what does #freebritney advocates in a nutshell? to end her conservatorship NOW. what did britney said herself in her testimony? she wants the conservatorship to end now... (there's more to it than just this but you get the point)

so i dont get it - sorry.

Britney Spears Applause GIF

PREACH IT

• Love 1
4 hours ago, canyouhandlemytruth said:

Help why are they so mad 💀 serving "I got in a Twitter argument with somebody and now I will use my platform inappropriately to make myself feel good!"

Edit: Not them being a Britney fan too... wonder what fan made them angry enough to write this nonsensical garbage 

How could someone that sticks up for Blackout write such a bitter, lazy analysis, article?

I mean lazy analysis and cheap questions directed towards Britney has kind’ve always been the media’s thing when dealing with Britney. So it’s not too surprising. But I expected better from somebody that appreciates Blackout. Sad.

I agree with this article 100%.

I've personally spent 100's of hours doing research and compiling it into threads over the past 13 years.

Do I think I actually helped contribute to Britney speaking out during her testimony? 

Not for a second.

And if I did help, it was in providing journalists like the NY Times gang with a few tidbits here and there.

It was Britney who put herself on the stand on June 23rd...Just as she did in May of 2019, before there was a even "movement."

I think fans need to stop stealing her credit and robbing her of her power...We provided support. That's it.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I agree with this article 100%.

I've personally spent 100's of hours doing research and compiling it into threads over the past 13 years.

Do I think I actually helped contribute to Britney speaking out during her testimony? 

Not for a second.

And if I did help, it was in providing journalists like the NY Times gang with a few tidbits here and there.

It was Britney who put herself on the stand on June 23rd...Just as she did in May of 2019, before there was a even "movement."

I think fans need to stop stealing her credit and robbing her of her power...We provided support. That's it.

No one did it for Britney obviously and her pain is her pain not ours only she has gone through what she has gone through and can talk about it for sure. But to say the movement did nothing is a huge underscore. Even her boyfriend acknowledges the movement as helpful and important and wears it in a t-shirt, not to say he has thanked it. Also let's not forget she blessed the movement on court last year https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2020-09-03/britney-spears-supports-free-britney-campaign-opposes-dads-motion

I think the most important thing the movement did was to bring attention to her conservatorship which was completely overlooked throughout the years and to question its dealings and procedures such as sealing every document, hearing and investigation that they could from the public which in return made it very difficult to check due to the lack of transparency, not to say it pretty much silenced Britney as recently we understood she has been fighting on court against it at least since 2014 and wanted the public to know but due to the lack of attention and interest on it they were always successful in hiding as much information as they could from the public and having every hearing that she denouced it closed for anyone to listen. Without the freebritney movement I'm pretty sure they would have never made any hearing available to the public, they only did that because the court was suffering an enormous amount of pressure from the public, media and Britney's lawyer. Britney herself said that the several times she spoke on court she felt she wasn't heard she felt as soon as it was over everything went back to the way it was, nothing changed and she was punished and felt alone and left out. Now look how much she was heard this time, everyone on the conservatorship is trying to make damage control. The conservators are fighting between themselves and for the first time since the beginning there's a chance she might hire her own lawyer based on what the judge has said. This is why it matters. Saying #freeBritney wasn't important is like saying #MeToo wasn't important and the victims could have achieved what they achieved without the movement... being heard and having the people support you IS really important AND matters. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, land said:

No one did it for Britney obviously and her pain is her pain not ours only she has gone through what she has gone through and can talk about it for sure. But to say the movement did nothing is a huge underscore. Even her boyfriend acknowledges the movement as helpful and important and wears it in a t-shirt, not to say he has thanked it. Also let's not forget she blessed the movement on court last year https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2020-09-03/britney-spears-supports-free-britney-campaign-opposes-dads-motion

I think the most important thing the movement did was to bring attention to her conservatorship which was completely overlooked throughout the years and to question its dealings and procedures such as sealing every document, hearing and investigation that they could from the public which in return made it very difficult to check due to the lack of transparency, not to say it pretty much silenced Britney as recently we understood she has been fighting on court against it at least since 2014 and wanted the public to know but due to the lack of attention and interest on it they were always successful in hiding as much information as they could from the public and having every hearing that she denouced it closed for anyone to listen. Without the freebritney movement I'm pretty sure they would have never made any hearing available to the public, they only did that because the court was suffering an enormous amount of pressure from the public, media and Britney's lawyer. Britney herself said that the several times she spoke on court she felt she wasn't heard she felt as soon as it was over everything went back to the way it was, nothing changed and she was punished and felt alone and left out. Now look how much she was heard this time, everyone on the conservatorship is trying to make damage control. The conservators are fighting between themselves and for the first time since the beginning there's a chance she might hire her own lawyer based on what the judge has said. This is why it matters. Saying #freeBritney wasn't important is like saying #MeToo wasn't important and the victims could have achieved what they achieved without the movement... being heard and having the people support you IS really important AND matters. 

I definitely think "the movement" helped bring attention to the story...but Britney would have received that anyway with a publicly broadcasted appearance. She's Britney Spears.

I just think everyone is taking far too much credit.

If "the movement" was the powerhouse that fans claimed, we wouldn't have things like Ingham filing a document seven months late (thereby buying time for Jamie and Lou to cover their tracks on the financials).

It's clear the fans don't influence the behaviour of the lawyers nearly as much as they'd like to believe.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I definitely think "the movement" helped bring attention to the story...but Britney would have received that anyway with a publicly broadcasted appearance. She's Britney Spears.

I just think everyone is taking far too much credit.

If "the movement" was the powerhouse that fans claimed, we wouldn't have things like Ingham filing a document seven months late (thereby buying time for Jamie and Lou to cover their tracks on the financials).

It's clear the fans don't influence the behaviour of the lawyers nearly as much as they'd like to believe.

maybe in court initially it wasn't as powerful because courts are complicated just look at kesha's situation, and there's also the general skepticism of the GP at first... but it definitely empowered Britney to move forward and keep trying and gave her what she wanted the most which was to be heard. now does that mean the credit is mostly on us or on the movement and britney is a supporting role here? of course not, she's the main character and none of that would be possible without her fight but the movement was the base for her strength. just like she wouldn't have achieved the things she achieved in her career without fans and an audience to buy/stream her music and attend her tours but also it is her work that provided the entertainment people wanted so she's the main reason she achieved what she achieved. 

doing a tv interview about it isn't something she is able to do at the moment unfortunately, every contract she signs and everything that she does has to go through the approval of her conservators she made it pretty clear on court and throghout the years we've seen many journalists claiming they had to send every question to her team for approval and most times the interviews were pre-taped and edited by her team which they thought was extremely unusual and disrespectful to their job. some were even banned to the list of journalists her team approves her giving interviews for complaining about it. just so you can remember what she stated about speaking out/doing interviews in her testimony: 

For my sanity, I need you to the judge to approve me to do an interview where I can be heard on what they did to me. And actually, I have the right to use my voice and take up for myself. My attorney says I can’t. It’s not good. I can’t let the public know anything they did to me and by not saying anything, is saying it’s OK.

*she wrote her testimony beforehand so she didn't know the public would have access to the hearing and right after this part she acknowledges that

I'm sorry.... who is this fat middle aged irrelevant man? Out here looking like he works in Blockbuster and coming for the army?

Given we were dismissed and portrayed as conspiracy theorists... even by Team Spears themselves... i think we now hold total credibility given Britney has done the unthinkable and finally had her say and confirmed our worst fears!!!

Ofcourse our loyalty comes from the fact we Love Britney, why else would we be doing this??