Slate Magazine Calls #FreeBritney Advocates a “Fringe Fan Group” who “revealed nothing”

People like this are what’s wrong with the world.  Why, exactly, do you feel the need to print your negative opinion?  Why are you assuming you know anything about Britney’s fans or out motivations?  The motivation has ALWAYS been to fight for a very public figure who was being silenced, suppressed and abused by a system.  Who cares if we got facts wrong here and there?  We aren’t privy to all of the information…I’d rather say “I’m sorry” to someone one day for unintentionally spreading false information thinking it to be fact than say nothing at all and a human being continues to get abused.  I’d say 90% of what’s been uncovered has been truth and Team Cons actions are speaking volumes (Jamie two months ago saying Britney needs the conservatorship even when he steps down to a month ago “Her situation has changed, we wish to end it”…conveniently when we find out what happens if he gets suspended).

there was no point for this guy to (I’m not sure exactly tbh) review the movement?  What’s his goal here, to tell readers not to stand up for something they believe in?  That’s a cute look, right?  Is he saying this is superficial because it’s all about Britney Spears rather than the thousands of non-celebs this is happening to?  Well, she’s a public figure…plus, this movement has assisted in shedding a lot of light on the injustice of this system (in CA a conservatee now has the right to choose their own lawyer as of 1/1/2021)

so yeah, I’m not sure what the angle was here…but it’s not a great look for someone to call out activism that’s literally helping.  I’m assuming he knows Lou. I guess he can stay pressed? :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

• Love 2
  • Like 3

His article isn't aging well, considering Rosengart thanked Free Britney on behalf of Britney.

It's not fair, either, to say they didn't uncover anything, that it was "actual reporting" that did that. Mainstream media has been way behind. It wasn't journalists who followed the money.

I'm amazed all the time at the skills that went to work to find court documents, trace finances and so on. This article is a very superficial take.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Psammead said:

His article isn't aging well, considering Rosengart thanked Free Britney on behalf of Britney.

It's not fair, either, to say they didn't uncover anything, that it was "actual reporting" that did that. Mainstream media has been way behind. It wasn't journalists who followed the money.

I'm amazed all the time at the skills that went to work to find court documents, trace finances and so on. This article is a very superficial take.

The actual reporting only happened because there was a Free Britney movement, how convenient to forget that. For over a decade there was no actual reporting.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Gordon said:

Slate sucks. Yet another far left media outlet who does all their moral grand standing by yelling what aboutism in cases. 

The only people calling Slate "Far Left" are extreme right-wingers.

Because there is no way that slate is in any way shape or form "left" except if speaking from a position of being in the far right.

• Love 1