Lil Nas X Performs "MONTERO" and "SUN GOES DOWN" On SNL - Rips His Pants During Performance

22 hours ago, Stefani said:

Has there ever been a more contrived male artist in history? Not only is he a mediocre rapper, but he has to rely on cheap stunts to sell his music because he can't score a hit without a gimmick. First his black cowboy shtick, then his Satanic bull****, now this Janet-esque slip up. Can he just go away; he's not the LGBTQ+ representation that we need.

Sounds a lot like the way people used to talk about Gaga. 💙

• Love 2
4 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

The Montero video, the shoe controversy and these performances, THOSE are wack. It's also wack believing that you have to accept and celebrate whatever someone does just because they are from a "minority". That is not true. Everyone should be held to the same standards no matter where they come from. Being from a minority does not or should not exclude you from having values.
And he's rich now so he's not helpless either.

I celebrate him here, having and active and (apparently) healthy lifestyle, having a team of people working for him, lots of friends who vibe with him, spending time in the studio and being so involved with and inspired by music, paying attention to and enjoying fashion, working out, creating visual art, etc.:

I never said you should support everything blindly just because they come from a certain minority. I specifically stated that you don’t have to like the music or the artist, but the fact that we are not celebrating that a gay/black rapper is presenting his craft in such an important platform. Y’all can come for all his “wack” actions/performances, but I think we are missing the bigger picture, that’s all. Sending you nothing but love!❤️ 

• Love 1
On 5/23/2021 at 2:18 PM, Stefani said:

Has there ever been a more contrived male artist in history? Not only is he a mediocre rapper, but he has to rely on cheap stunts to sell his music because he can't score a hit without a gimmick. First his black cowboy shtick, then his Satanic bull****, now this Janet-esque slip up. Can he just go away; he's not the LGBTQ+ representation that we need.

We should not be telling gay artists how to perform ,what to sing about or how to behave so that they "represent the gay community" in any specific way. There is no such thing as an ideal gay representation or an ideal gay person. The idea itself is so problematic tbh.

He's representing himself up there, not me or anybody else and I think that's perfectly fine.

What we NEED is a gay artist being unapologetically themselves. Period.:howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

• Love 4
On 5/23/2021 at 8:18 PM, Stefani said:

Excuse GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 2
On 5/23/2021 at 4:26 PM, MortalMarshmallow said:

Sorry I have to ask but are you a homophobe? Like what is your problem? Do you know such things as branding, thematics, creative directions, aesthetics :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

He looks dope, his body is dope, his outfit is dope, his aesthetics are dope, embracing his ***uality during a performance is dope. 

Not that it matters but I think he was irritated by the ripped pants because he could not do the pole thing, hence his expression at the end. FYI ripped pants happen. Especially when the pants are tailored to a specific event and it has to do with the fabric as well. 

Example of performance pants ripping due to its type of fabric from yesterday (yes you are welcome): 

Quoting your whole darn post because it is that flawless. YES! LNX KILLED his performances, both of them! He looked amazing and sounded great too. I am so bothered by everyone commenting that he was just doing a stunt. You could see the surprise on his face when it happened. You could even see him eye-roll at the end when the cameras were cutting away. Things happen, doesn't mean it was a stunt. Like he's really gonna risk that on live tv and get blacklisted like others. Give me a break. I swear these queers out here hating just cause he is succeeding while they're still lip syncing into mirrors and on tiktok. All these GAY racist homophobes have got to go. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, anthony7226 said:

Quoting your whole darn post because it is that flawless. YES! LNX KILLED his performances, both of them! He looked amazing and sounded great too. I am so bothered by everyone commenting that he was just doing a stunt. You could see the surprise on his face when it happened. You could even see him eye-roll at the end when the cameras were cutting away. Things happen, doesn't mean it was a stunt. Like he's really gonna risk that on live tv and get blacklisted like others. Give me a break. I swear these queers out here hating just cause he is succeeding while they're still lip syncing into mirrors and on tiktok. All these GAY racist homophobes have got to go. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

Ty :awyeah_britney_yes_yas:. And exactly. Pole dancing would have been more appreciated than him just standing by the pole. It was the climax. So he would not intentionally ruin one of the most iconic things from the song's video in a performance of the song. That would be a worse stunt than stunting on the pole. So not an option to go for when you are literally gonna grind that pole :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

I also love that all the dancers are black. There is literally nothing to hate here. Lil Nas is such an interesting, refreshing, beautiful performer doing his own thing unabashedly. That should be treasured by everynody, especially anybody calling themselves leftists :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search:.  

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block