Lil Nas X Performs "MONTERO" and "SUN GOES DOWN" On SNL - Rips His Pants During Performance

On 5/23/2021 at 9:32 PM, bitbitboi said:

I agree, I think he's pushing it just to be transgressive and get attention, but he's being tasteless and irresponsible.

And it IS dark, and I don't like that either.

He could have a good message but deliver it wrong, and I think he is doing just that.

Too bad, because he's cute.

You all do realize that religion doesn’t exist right ? There’s nothing “dark” about it.. I don’t even understand what that means tbh. 

Either way it was a cool performance. Something we haven’t seen from a male artist. 7/10

4 hours ago, A.a.A said:

You all do realize that religion doesn’t exist right ? There’s nothing “dark” about it.. I don’t even understand what that means tbh.

Saying that religion doesn't exist is a type of religion/ideology.

And if it didn't, then why is he using those signs/symbols/metaphors. You don't poke smoke or at something that doesn't exist. Also, if you watch the interview I posted, at one time he said "...thank GOD blablabla..." :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

m

As a Catholic myself I will say I was not offended by his satanic themes. I think it’s great when people bring up conversations and visuals of the devil. We should be having more conversations about Heaven and hell through art.

I’m gonna say that I’m not surprised that he’s getting flack. The systemic racism with some people is showing. He is an LGBTQ+ black rapper if this was a white person y’all would be praising it. 

Also Britney and Madonna some of their most iconic moments of their career were gimmick based as well. They were hated for it. 

yself I will say I

1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

Saying that religion doesn't exist is a type of religion/ideology.

And if it didn't, then why is he using those signs/symbols/metaphors. You don't poke smoke or at something that doesn't exist. Also, if you watch the interview I posted, at one time he said "...thank GOD blablabla..." :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

it’s not an ideology it’s reality.. there is no objective truth to it. Religion is a belief yes, but we live in reality. What I’m saying isn’t a belief it’s a fact. There is no proof religion exists. You can believe in whatever you want, that’s great for your personal/mental health, it may be real to you but doesn’t make it reality. 

And to answer your second point, it’s simple. It’s called “marketing”, he knows people like you are going to react, just like every other musician in history knows how the audience is going to react when they do something. People have been using satanic imagery to sell music for decades.

It’s not complicated, it’s science. Psychology to be exact. There are teams of marketing people that know exactly how we are going to react to things. Humans are simple creatures. Nothing is by chance, it’s all preconceived. 

I’m just saying there’s no need to be disgusted by something that really doesn’t affect anyone in anyway. There’s millions of other things going on in the world than a musician trying to sell music. 

Anyway, peace and love. :saycheese_make_me_mm_hat_smile_peace_sign_grin_glory_britney:

I don’t get the big deal. You literally don’t see anything. He covers himself the entire time after it ripped... it’s not like his shlong popped out for everyone to see LOL. Jealous of his body! Not a huge fan of the performance though... tbh if you’re not that strong of a vocalist and you plan on dancing just lip sync... he’s not a very good singer. He’s not a very good dancer either... he has a nice body and he has catchy songs.

2 hours ago, A.a.A said:

it’s not an ideology it’s reality.. there is no objective truth to it. Religion is a belief yes, but we live in reality. What I’m saying isn’t a belief it’s a fact. There is no proof religion exists. You can believe in whatever you want, that’s great for your personal/mental health, it may be real to you but doesn’t make it reality. 

And to answer your second point, it’s simple. It’s called “marketing”, he knows people like you are going to react, just like every other musician in history knows how the audience is going to react when they do something. People have been using satanic imagery to sell music for decades.

It’s not complicated, it’s science. Psychology to be exact. There are teams of marketing people that know exactly how we are going to react to things. Humans are simple creatures. Nothing is by chance, it’s all preconceived. 

I’m just saying there’s no need to be disgusted by something that really doesn’t affect anyone in anyway. There’s millions of other things going on in the world than a musician trying to sell music. 

Anyway, peace and love. :saycheese_make_me_mm_hat_smile_peace_sign_grin_glory_britney:

Are there really bible humpers on exhale? :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

On 5/24/2021 at 9:07 AM, halfdressed said:

Yes. He’s on national tv pushing the envelope further than ever with s** routines and the devil and angel on a ******** pole, etc. it’s dark, regardless of how bad people want to support it. You can be gay, black, and proud without all of this. 

Your internet handle is HALFDRESSED and you're offended by Lil Nas X's performance? That is very strange. 

8 hours ago, CadeAaron said:

Your internet handle is HALFDRESSED and you're offended by Lil Nas X's performance? That is very strange. 

Yeah it’s a lyric in Showdown - you’re lookin good when your…

The two words half and dressed are not satanic / giving lapdances to the devil,  and hyper ***ual with millions viewers, including hundreds of thousands of kids who were jamming out to old town road even well into just last year.  

Luckily I don’t even have to take you seriously though because the fact that you’d compare my username to the current LNX agenda is just plain silly. Like I’ve commented before, this isn’t necessary material you have to push out to be gay and black and proud.  Just those attributes alone would cut it and should make him proud. No? It’s not enough? Adding in ***ual acts with the devil is what gives him the credit he deserves?

Please. 

12 hours ago, A.a.A said:

haha you talk as if humans were machines, that's nonesense, you're detaching yourself from basic human questions and needs, so I'm not going to continue this conversation. You're either too young to be thinking about trascendental things, or you've gone through a lot and you've consciously or unconsciously decided to go numb to cope with it. Good luck with that.

On 5/25/2021 at 5:28 PM, Intheblue said:

It just saddens me when they use nice, talented, young artists to push an agenda. Same was done with Britney ...

the machine is making sure he has a platform to promote their agenda 

What kind of agenda? That you can be yourself? 

It's nothing new, we've all seen this already, but it's something big because someone who is gay does it. 

Something is changing, yes, that you don't have to hide who you are to be a good popstar anymore, i love that! 

We went from this: 

And even in 2009 people were afraid to even work with an openly gay singer, like what is this nonsense? 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block