Lil Nas X Performs "MONTERO" and "SUN GOES DOWN" On SNL - Rips His Pants During Performance

3 hours ago, IUSM said:

Wow, very daring performance. Would be ok for any female singer, but for a guy, this is very transgressive! I like him more and more. :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

You're on a Britney forum and you are disgusted by a little bit of skin and some sëxy moves? :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

Yes. He’s on national tv pushing the envelope further than ever with s** routines and the devil and angel on a ******** pole, etc. it’s dark, regardless of how bad people want to support it. You can be gay, black, and proud without all of this. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Stefani said:

Has there ever been a more contrived male artist in history? Not only is he a mediocre rapper, but he has to rely on cheap stunts to sell his music because he can't score a hit without a gimmick. First his black cowboy shtick, then his Satanic bull****, now this Janet-esque slip up. Can he just go away; he's not the LGBTQ+ representation that we need.

Sorry I have to ask but are you a homophobe? Like what is your problem? Do you know such things as branding, thematics, creative directions, aesthetics :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

He looks dope, his body is dope, his outfit is dope, his aesthetics are dope, embracing his ***uality during a performance is dope. 

Not that it matters but I think he was irritated by the ripped pants because he could not do the pole thing, hence his expression at the end. FYI ripped pants happen. Especially when the pants are tailored to a specific event and it has to do with the fabric as well. 

Example of performance pants ripping due to its type of fabric from yesterday (yes you are welcome): 

• Love 3

wow I'm actually surprised at his lack of charisma... :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

Also, apart from Gaga's performances, I don't think I've ever seen male dancers like this on stage, especially not on TV. That was ballsy.

But you can tell he was nervous, and that threw me off. If you're going to be racy, then live up to it, otherwise you'll look ridiculous, like him here.

And I don't understand the problem with his pants... First, you can't even see the rip. Yes, he covered it with his hand, but he had his hand on his crotch during all the performance so it was even less apparent that there was a problem. Also, it was obvious that it was going to rip it being so freaking tight. And don't tell me that they didn't rehearse with the final outfit because I don't believe it. And if they actually didn't, then that's careless. But yeah, I don't believe it. And him acting all bothered like it was a big deal cracks me up :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, halfdressed said:

Yes. He’s on national tv pushing the envelope further than ever with s** routines and the devil and angel on a ******** pole, etc. it’s dark, regardless of how bad people want to support it. You can be gay, black, and proud without all of this. 

I agree, I think he's pushing it just to be transgressive and get attention, but he's being tasteless and irresponsible.

And it IS dark, and I don't like that either.

He could have a good message but deliver it wrong, and I think he is doing just that.

Too bad, because he's cute.

• Love 3

The comments are so disappointing on here. We do realize this is a black/gay/rapper/pop star, right? Like, do we know how long it took to fight to get here for an individual like him to be able to fully express himself like he’s doing it now? And not only being able to express himself, but go mainstream and be successful??? 

Y’all are wack! Go back to gaslighting your favorite pop girl and keep paying dust to lgbt+ Artists. 
PS: even if you don’t like the music, we should be able to celebrate this. Period! 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Mexwero said:

The comments are so disappointing on here. We do realize this is a black/gay/rapper/pop star, right? Like, do we know how long it took to fight to get here for an individual like him to be able to fully express himself like he’s doing it now? And not only being able to express himself, but go mainstream and be successful??? 

Y’all are wack! Go back to gaslighting your favorite pop girl and keep paying dust to lgbt+ Artists. 
PS: even if you don’t like the music, we should be able to celebrate this. Period! 

I can acknowledge his success as the amount of effort and courage he has without all the Santanic ****. It’s eerie and offensive to me personally. No I’m not a great person and yes I sin but yes this is too far. Why does his fight and success have to be synonymous with pushing the envelope further than ever. Giving Lucifer a lap dance is not something to be proud of nor does it solidify your hard work - even if you’re not religious. I don’t walk around hating on him, nor do I bring him up in a negative light on my own… but if it becomes a discussion, I say how I feel about it. As do others. 

• Like 2

All the haters commenting how dark it is to prise Lucifer. Because Christianism is such a harmless religion right?

I have got news for you: Lucifer does not exist. This is comparable to people getting offended because he does a lap dance to a colander (ever heard of Pastafarianism?)

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Mexwero said:

The Montero video, the shoe controversy and these performances, THOSE are wack. It's also wack believing that you have to accept and celebrate whatever someone does just because they are from a "minority". That is not true. Everyone should be held to the same standards no matter where they come from. Being from a minority does not or should not exclude you from having values.
And he's rich now so he's not helpless either.

I celebrate him here, having and active and (apparently) healthy lifestyle, having a team of people working for him, lots of friends who vibe with him, spending time in the studio and being so involved with and inspired by music, paying attention to and enjoying fashion, working out, creating visual art, etc.:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block