Anyone else noticed the voice change between Blackout and Circus?

On Blackout she sounds more laid-back, confident, sultry, and chill

But on Circus her voice is a bit more chipmunk-ish  , like way more nasal and thin, almost forced , idk how to explain , it's very noticeable on "If You Seek Amy" and "Lace and Leather", while "Blur" feels more blackout-ish in terms of vocals/vibe

BS.JPG.6824cc5db66fd0b99e738644734f3ad9.JPG

• Like 6
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Her voice chamged to that of another person on Britney Jean.  Literally

"Blur" is very underrated, it's the best song from Circus with "Unusual You" imo, her voice sounds a bit deeper than usual on Blur. EDIT: Trouble is so good toooooo

Her voice changed in every era.. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Both had different vibes and sounds, so we really cant say anything but yes there is definetly a voice change.

"Blur" is very underrated, it's the best song from Circus with "Unusual You" imo, her voice sounds a bit deeper than usual on Blur.

EDIT: Trouble is so good toooooo

• Like 5
  • Exhale+
2 minutes ago, Dreams said:

"Blur" is very underrated, it's the best song from Circus with "Unusual You" imo, her voice sounds a bit deeper than usual on Blur.

I LOVEE Blur, it is amazinggg. I don't know why the fandom doesn't talk much about it.

• Like 2

Young Billie Run Pop :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Well max Martin and Larry Rudolph is back so that explains that. That’s why I hate when she works with Max as he ALWAYS makes her voice like that and he consistently has her do that voice just like in 3. 

• Like 6

Yes I literally brought this up in the recent Circus thread. Her voice really began to sound more frail/robotic post-Blackout and what really bothers me the most about Circus as an album are not necessarily the songs per se but how soulless she sounds on the record. In retrospect, it makes sense and I think the last thing she wanted to do was record another album but at the same time, Britney and her team were so desperately focused on fixing the pieces by going full-on damage control and rush-releasing an album. It was a double-edged sword really. On one hand, the Circus era, overall, helped recover her brand/legacy and she became the ultimate ‘comeback queen’ but on the other hand, it was likely very taxing on her mental health considering what she went/was going through in her private life.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Dreams said:

TASTE :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

~ 🏳️‍🌈 Happy Pride Month 🏳️‍🌈 ~

3 hours ago, mythology said:

Her voice chamged to that of another person on Britney Jean.  Literally:tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

I mean I believe myas first appearance was on blackout for piece of me

and she recorded a lot of  background vocals for circus so that explains the voice change, along with the heavy use of vocal coders and I don’t think her heart was in to that album.

Another thing I noticed with  blackout actually was kinda of the first time where Britney was being accused of barely contributing to an album and her voice began sounding super auto tuned, which I believe was a stylistic choice that team con took advantage of when needing to easily make an album it seems 

• Like 2
  • Community Curators

Blackout sounded like it was recorded on a cellphone while Circus had some moments of crisp vocal sound. At the time, Blackout sounded less Britney than Circus did tbh. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Puppy said:

Well max Martin and Larry Rudolph is back so that explains that. That’s why I hate when she works with Max as he ALWAYS makes her voice like that and he consistently has her do that voice just like in 3. 

This! Max and Dr. Luke both seem to bring out the chipmunk in her, just look at their work on both Circus and FF, plus Ooh La La! It’s part of why I don’t want her to work with Max again!